Employer denied unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Papandraeus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Employer denied unemployment

Post by Papandraeus »

In March 2011, I was terminated from my job of 5 yrs and denied unemployment insurance as the employer claimed I quit. On appeal, they again falsified the truth and I was not granted my benefits. It is ludicrous to say that I resigned. I am diagnosed with Hepatitis C and was to begin a regime of interferon therapy for which I needed my established benefits. I have been unable to find adequate employment here as Las Vegas is #3 of the highest rate of unemployed and having a Quit on ones references does not help. Since the passage of the immigration bill here, I am having difficulty getting med benefits due to 1) now a pre existing condition. All of this, and more, has made it impossible to pay my rent since I lost my job im March 2011. My rent is only $700/mo but have only been able to survive and pay for cooling. I need a program to work with my dear landlord in receiving something for those months. I dont foresee immediate employment as my health is now deteriorating since I was unable to receive the necessary therapy and medications .I now have very swollen legs and feet and can barely walk. I don't know if this is due to the liver condition or another malady. But I pray each day that someone will pinch me and I can wake from this nightmare. Please...if any help can be provided....consider me for an application. God bless and keep you safe.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Employer denied unemployment

Post by Admin »

Yes, that is illegal. If they said you quite they should be able to provide proof, like a notice you gave them. That is why employers require people to give a formal notice. There are attorneys supported by the government that offer free legal advice for matters like this, deny unemployment claims and/or illegal terminations. Look into programs in your state for representation. The firms are supported by federal government dollars.

Papandraeus wrote:In March 2011, I was terminated from my job of 5 yrs and denied unemployment insurance as the employer claimed I quit. On appeal, they again falsified the truth and I was not granted my benefits. It is ludicrous to say that I resigned. I am diagnosed with Hepatitis C and was to begin a regime of interferon therapy for which I needed my established benefits. I have been unable to find adequate employment here as Las Vegas is #3 of the highest rate of unemployed and having a Quit on ones references does not help. Since the passage of the immigration bill here, I am having difficulty getting med benefits due to 1) now a pre existing condition. All of this, and more, has made it impossible to pay my rent since I lost my job im March 2011. My rent is only $700/mo but have only been able to survive and pay for cooling. I need a program to work with my dear landlord in receiving something for those months. I dont foresee immediate employment as my health is now deteriorating since I was unable to receive the necessary therapy and medications .I now have very swollen legs and feet and can barely walk. I don't know if this is due to the liver condition or another malady. But I pray each day that someone will pinch me and I can wake from this nightmare. Please...if any help can be provided....consider me for an application. God bless and keep you safe.
Pitbull

Post by Pitbull »

I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND I CURRENTLY HAD TO MOVE IN WITH MY SISTER BECAUSE I COULD NOT PAY BILLS. I HAVE 4 BILLS DUE. I LOST MY JOB IN JANUARY AND HAVE SENT OUT OVER A HUNDRED RESUMES, WITH NO SUCCESS, AND EMPLOYER DENIED UNEMPLOYMENT SOMEHOW. I HAVE HAD TO HIRE A LAWYER BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER'S FATHER HAS FILED FOR CUSTODY DUE TO MY FINANCIAL SITUATION. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY OTHER RESOURCES WITHOUT SUCCESS. PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING ME AND MY DAUGHTER.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I need help with rent and bills as I am fighting the company over my unemployment check. I have two kids with disabilities, both can walk so No wheels chair ramps needed. I'm looking for a three bedroom apartment with heat and hot water and lights included will be very helpful. Also my mom is looking for a two bedroom apartment same building different apartments will be great. She also has two young men who is also disable. Please, I am looking for any services that may help me and my two kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many services listed all over the site. If you need an apartment though for the disabled, then of course try HUD. But we have tons of assistance programs listed for utilities, rent, and more. So examine the site for those services, using the information here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
Preeti P

Post by Preeti P »

Hello,
I am in an emergency. I lost my job on July 14, 2018 and I am currently on unemployment and my old company is trying to fight my unemployment and denying it. I have a son that is really depending on me. I have no
money to do anything and my rent is due on the 1st of September. I have been on several interviews, and I haven't received a job offer yet, but I am truly trying. I live Woodridge, IL. Please help me.
Thank you,