Food stamps

State and local government assistance programs.
Spacey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Food stamps

Post by Spacey »

Today is the final day of my three day notice and i need help with food. Due to maintaining employment it is hard to get food for myself and pay rent and bills. I need help please, so if you know where i can get help to pay part of my rent or what ever kind of help, such as food stamps, let me know. Anything at this point will be very helpful, i'm employed and very hard working, i just need a little help right now. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Food stamps

Post by Admin »

There are many places to get free food from, including pantries, banks, and government programs like SNAP, WIC, Nutrition Services Incentive Program (NSIP) and food stamps.
We have extensive information and listing of those food programs here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/foo ... grams.html

Spacey wrote:Today is the final day of my three day notice and i need help with food. Due to maintaining employment it is hard to get food for myself and pay rent and bills. I need help please, so if you know where i can get help to pay part of my rent or what ever kind of help, such as food stamps, let me know. Anything at this point will be very helpful, i'm employed and very hard working, i just need a little help right now. Thank you
Cowen

Post by Cowen »

I have recently applied for disability, awaiting for a decision. I take care of my mom that has dementia. right now she is in a rehab facility from a fall that fractured her ankle. The electric is close to being turned off. Her food stamps will stop soon. Even though i have applied for disability, i have been actively seeking part time work. In this day and age the only way to apply for work is by internet, and to have a telephone. Which will both be turned off very soon. I do have a safelink phone, but the time they give you each month is not enough for the amount of calls i make, such as to the rehab where my mom is, to her doctors, then the possibility of job prospects. I do some online surveys, but for most i don't qualify for to earn the money. I do not have a car to even get to work if i got a job. the reason for me applying for disability is that i have degenerate disc disease, and i have PAC, which does not cover any treatment i may need. I am in constant pain every day, but i have to force myself through it to walk to the store when things are needed. If there is any assistance out there for me please let me know. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If she is on disability and that sick how can they stop food stamps. What was the justification for doing this, as if her income is low enough (which sounds like it is) she should qualify for public aid and food stamps/assistance. Anyway, look here for other government food programs, like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program as well as Child and Adult Care Food Program. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/foo ... grams.html
Cowen wrote:I have recently applied for disability, awaiting for a decision. I take care of my mom that has dementia. right now she is in a rehab facility from a fall that fractured her ankle. The electric is close to being turned off. Her food stamps will stop soon. Even though i have applied for disability, i have been actively seeking part time work. In this day and age the only way to apply for work is by internet, and to have a telephone. Which will both be turned off very soon. I do have a safelink phone, but the time they give you each month is not enough for the amount of calls i make, such as to the rehab where my mom is, to her doctors, then the possibility of job prospects. I do some online surveys, but for most i don't qualify for to earn the money. I do not have a car to even get to work if i got a job. the reason for me applying for disability is that i have degenerate disc disease, and i have PAC, which does not cover any treatment i may need. I am in constant pain every day, but i have to force myself through it to walk to the store when things are needed. If there is any assistance out there for me please let me know. Thank you.
daddydaycare

Post by daddydaycare »

I am looking for a Multonomah County service that would help with a low income single woman? I am looking for food assistance coupons or a program. I am currently working and make 1600.00 a month. It seems like my income is too high for food stamps, so looking for any help for my type of income level. As I do not think my income is high enough for food and bills. Is there any services that fit this criteria? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As far as food in Multonomah County Oregon, maybe try a food bank or pantry too. Maybe try that option before food stamps or SNAP. And Portland Oregon food banks can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/por ... tries.html We have dozens of options and centers listed, so call around and stop by a center for information and help.
daddydaycare wrote:I am looking for a Multonomah County service that would help with a low income single woman? I am looking for food assistance coupons or a program. I am currently working and make 1600.00 a month. It seems like my income is too high for food stamps, so looking for any help for my type of income level. As I do not think my income is high enough for food and bills. Is there any services that fit this criteria? Thank you.
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

I am the only one who has income in my household, 30 hours a week/8.25 per hour. my husband cannot work, he is on this third appeal for disability. we are having trouble paying all of the bills that we owe each month, if I could just get help with the light bill every month, this would help enormously. we also get food stamps, and last month they were cut to 214.00 because one of my pay checks was a little bit more. can you offer me any suggestions, I do not know what to do. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to the food stamps, which can be cut as you indicated, use the services of a food bank. Money can pay for light and electric bills, and look into options like LIHEAP. Usually people who qualify for food stamps are more than likely to qualify for LIHEAP too. Can your husband even work part time while he files disability. Anyway, read more on government aid, food pantries, and light bill help. Continue.
Merril

Post by Merril »

I have a question and the question is: is the commodity Supplemental Food Program and the food pantry or food bank one and the same? I take it the answer may be yes. I know about the snap, congregate meals, and soup kitchens. I am saying the percentage of income is too high and should be lowered to 20% because of threatened cuts in the food stamp, and energy assistance. However the economy went haywire. I don't think anyone has a right to suggest making changes to food aid and possibly they will help with needs. This is wrong in my views and I don't think my view is wrong.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not usually. They are all different. CSFP is usually a quarterly service, and it focuses o seniors and children. The others are more wide ranging, such as food stamps will help anyone on a low income. But you can in fact apply for more than one to help with the needs you have. Find more details on how Commodity Supplemental Food works.
Pdid_Shower

Post by Pdid_Shower »

I am sending you this message because I am in need of help with food. I am a single mom struggling to make ends meet. I have a job that I was working full time and now due to business slowing down as well as my boss changing lowering pay I am working about 20 hours at 5.25 an hour and am behind in my rent and bills because I can't pay bills and provide food and pay for gas to get to and from work. I can't get state help because my boss won't provide check stubs in which I have to have to apply for help. I am 800$ in back rent and bills due, and food stamp application is taking a long time. Can you help please contact me here.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Wen can help you with your food needs. First of all, use a pantry. They can help in a crisis. Then look into long term benefits, the main one which will be benefit known here, and apply for SNAP food stamps.
If your boss is changing your hours or pay, look for a new job. There are tons of them out there right now.
Pdid_Shower wrote:I have a job that I was working full time and now due to business slowing down as well as my boss changing lowering pay I am working about 20 hours at 5.25 an hour and am behind in my rent and bills because I can't pay bills and provide food and pay for gas to get to and from work. I am 800$ in back rent and bills due, and food stamp application is taking a long time. Can you help please contact me here.
Ariana Simon

Post by Ariana Simon »

I am seeking help for my friend who is on SNAP food stamps. I'm not sure what her income level is other than very low. She gets a small amount of food stamps but don't know what cash she might be receiving. I live in a converted garage with my 2 sons, my sister lives in Las Vegas and she has my brother and her son there. So moving her in with one of us isn't possible not to mention the doctors she's been seeing are in Melbourne.
I say your website online and wanted to reach out to see if you have any idea who might be able to help her with rent and utilities for someone on food stamps. Her health is failing also, she has no vehicle to get around to and it seems only my sister and I give a damn enough to help her. If you could point me to some direction on who to contact that might be able to help her, I would be very grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on Food Stamps in Las Vegas Nevada as well as various social services. But only she can complete the forms, provide proof of income, etc. There are other resources too and look here for help with bills in Las Vegas.
Ariana Simon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:21 pm I am seeking help for my friend who is on SNAP food stamps. I'm not sure what her income level is other than very low. She gets a small amount of food stamps but don't know what cash she might be receiving. I live in a converted garage with my 2 sons, my sister lives in Las Vegas and she has my brother and her son there.