Going to lose my home

State and local government assistance programs.
savydevilnsmom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Going to lose my home

Post by savydevilnsmom »

Due to problems with the bank back in 08 our taxes from that year were not paid off, although we did pay them. 09 taxes were paid. Now my husband is disabled, although not enough to collect disability, and I can't find work because of my class schedule going back to school, and I can't stop going to school or I have to start paying back my student loans, so I need to keep going for another year to make sure that I can get a job that will pay those back as well. Unfortunately though, now we need to come up with the property taxes from 08 or we will lose our house. Please tell me there is a way to get help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Going to lose my home

Post by Admin »

If you have tax issues or general mortgage or foreclosure challenges, we usually recommend a HUD counselor. Almost all states have these not for profit housing counselors in their state, and most cities have them to. You did not mention what city you live in, so here is our general link. Find a free or low cost HUD housing counselor here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hud ... _help.html
Often times they can advise on property taxes too.
savydevilnsmom wrote:Due to problems with the bank back in 08 our taxes from that year were not paid off, although we did pay them. 09 taxes were paid. Now my husband is disabled, although not enough to collect disability, and I can't find work because of my class schedule going back to school, and I can't stop going to school or I have to start paying back my student loans, so I need to keep going for another year to make sure that I can get a job that will pay those back as well. Unfortunately though, now we need to come up with the property taxes from 08 or we will lose our house. Please tell me there is a way to get help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Link works fine. I just clicked it again. We send hundreds of links on this forum and have never heard of any issues before. Please try again.
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

I need assistance paying my rent. I have a court appointment for an eviction on my home. I also need need with water bill. Some of my need I can not write in a letter. I am finding my way up against domestic violence where some man I live with like to to put woman down today. I am happy to tell you the story. I also pass my permit test and road sign test. I am only missing my drugs test. I don't have the money to have it done. I used to work as a home health aid. Some places do ask you for your driver license. I run out of time at the library using the computer. Please write me back. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have an eviction notice and may be homeless, don't worry about the water bill. You need to get the rent paid first. to that end, there are many agencies in Greenville South Carolina you can try. not to mention churches and charities. They may be able to help, and many have computers you can use on site to for job searches. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

I am a graduate student looking for a job. Have been unemployed since September 2012. I am unable to find a job due to my employer telling recipients that I am not rehire able. We are sinking. We need help with everything. Food, utilities, mortgage, car payments. Please help before I loose everything. Where do I go? PLEASE NEED HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need help with everything, then use the main site. We have information on short and long term bill paying programs that help the unemployed and others facing a hardship. Also, the job market is ob fire so unable to find a job just does not cut it.
Ramsey wrote:We are sinking. We need help with everything. Food, utilities, mortgage, car payments. Please help before I loose everything.
Verbal12

Post by Verbal12 »

Hi, my name is Deborah. I was reaching out to get help with my rent and bills before we lose our home. My husband is currently  not working but I am. But need helping to get back on track due to him having three brain aneurysms and strokes which I do have proof of the medical history. So, we got behind on Bills. The EOA paid one month for us and my job had a S.H.A.R.E. program that gave me funds as well. But of the Bill's still continue. I continue to pay on it tp keep our home. We just need some help to give me a little lead way to get caught up. I'm in the Burke County area and not much resources and the  housing list I don't think is open. But if you may know some guaranteed resources please share. We just need some type of miracle right. Don't want to be put out our home.