Legal bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Valker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Legal bills

Post by Valker »

I am going through a custody battle and had to recently go from a full time job to a part time job. We are really going through a hardship and barely making it pay check to pay check. The lawyer bill has gotten to be outrageous, as we gave the retainer fee and then they were suppose to bill us monthly so we could replenish it, which never happened we recently got our bill (the case is not over) and they are now threatening that if we don't pay them soon the will stop being our lawyer. We knew it would get expensive but we were told we could pay something every month, which has turned out to not be the case, our fault we should of said something but we assumed since we didn't get a bill they were going to wait until everything
was over and then work out the bill. We are struggling and my children's welfare is at stake and I don't want something to happen because my lawyer quit on me after going back on a deal and now threatening to stop helping me, I am doing this for my children, their well being and their safety and their happiness, and I really need help and do not know where to turn. We are struggling with other bills and just essentials, but will figure something out with that I am looking for help to pay (NOT ALL) but some, a small amount of the legal fees. Please any advise is welcomed, I am very concerned without a lawyer I can not help my 2 girls.!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond, I am so lost.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal bills

Post by Admin »

If you have existing legal bills, we are not sure what you can do with those. Maybe speak to a credit counselor. On the other hand, if you need help going forward, find free legal aid from law firms and attorneys around the country. The federal government funds an agency known as Legal Services Corporation that works with pro-bono law firms around the nation, and together they can provide counseling and many other forms of representation and legal aid to those in need of help. A listing and how to apply for free legal assistance by state is listed.
Valker wrote:I am going through a custody battle and had to recently go from a full time job to a part time job. We are really going through a hardship and barely making it pay check to pay check. The lawyer bill has gotten to be outrageous, as we gave the retainer fee and then they were suppose to bill us monthly so we could replenish it, which never happened we recently got our bill (the case is not over) and they are now threatening that if we don't pay them soon the will stop being our lawyer. We knew it would get expensive but we were told we could pay something every month, which has turned out to not be the case, our fault we should of said something but we assumed since we didn't get a bill they were going to wait until everything
was over and then work out the bill. We are struggling and my children's welfare is at stake and I don't want something to happen because my lawyer quit on me after going back on a deal and now threatening to stop helping me, I am doing this for my children, their well being and their safety and their happiness, and I really need help and do not know where to turn. We are struggling with other bills and just essentials, but will figure something out with that I am looking for help to pay (NOT ALL) but some, a small amount of the legal fees. Please any advise is welcomed, I am very concerned without a lawyer I can not help my 2 girls.!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond, I am so lost.
Sincerely,
Kimmel
anti spam: Blue

Post by Kimmel »

I cosigned an apartment for a friend and she lost her job and had to move out of state with her grandparents but left me with an unpaid fee of $980. I am working with an attorney to sue her. I'm currently an RN student and work part time as well as take care of my child. I can barely pay my groceries and utility bills, let alone this large apartment fee or the legal costs for this.
Her landlord has given her 40 days to pay the fee or she will take legal action. She has already told me she can't afford it because she doesn't have a job so she left me stuck with it. Please help if you can!!
Puebloa

Post by Puebloa »

I paid my rent 2 days early and had all the money in my account but my apartment did not process it until 3 days later. By then other things had been taken out my account. I have a 4 year-old son and I don't have the money they are asking for due to the screw up they caused. Now they are saying they will start the eviction process and I don't have the money to stop it and cover the legal bills.