Information badly needed

State and local government assistance programs.
Shoemaker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Information badly needed

Post by Shoemaker »

I have a friend who is 70+ years of age. She has been residing with her neice in the state of Texas, assisting in raising her two children. The children are now grown and the neice has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. My 70+ y/o friend is frantic b/c the bills are rolling in and she has no way of paying them. She has a small pension and receives SSI, she also has Medicare part A and B; SureCare to assist with her medications. My question is are there any government /state programs that will assist her in paying the bills? (utilities). If anyone can assist me, I will be eternally grateful
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Information badly needed

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are local county and town specific programs in Texas. Find them at our resource for assistance in Texas. Go midway down the page and select your town/county/city. There you will find phone numbers, agencies, charities, etc.
In addition, if the need is specifically for utility bills, use this link for utility help in Texas Click here for detials. Call your local energy, electric company, but we have most of the programs are services offered in the state listed. Programs like The Entergy Texas / Power to Care program which can be called at 866-469-2464
Shoemaker wrote:I have a friend who is 70+ years of age. She has been residing with her neice in the state of Texas, assisting in raising her two children. The children are now grown and the neice has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. My 70+ y/o friend is frantic b/c the bills are rolling in and she has no way of paying them. She has a small pension and receives SSI, she also has Medicare part A and B; SureCare to assist with her medications. My question is are there any government /state programs that will assist her in paying the bills? (utilities). If anyone can assist me, I will be eternally grateful
Suze

Post by Suze »

Hello I have been in and out of work for the past 6 years due to my illness of Ulcerative Colitis. I have been let go from jobs for missing work for being in the hospital which has resulted in me being in foreclosure, filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy. I finally have a new doctor that is starting me on transfusions tomorrow afternoon that will put me into remission. I am working through a temporary service now but my gas and electric bill is almost $900.00 and I have to pay them by November 9, 2013 and I also have to make my mortgage payment and I do not have the funds right now. I am a single mother of a 5 year old little boy and an 8 year old girl. We are doing the best that we can. I was also interested in weatherization assistance for the windows in my house as my WeEnergies bill is $245.00 per month and my water bill is severely past due. If you know of any services that can assist my family I would greatly appreciate it. We are located in Green Bay, WI and I can be reached via email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In Wisconsin, the community action agency can normally process applications to WHEAP for the gas bills that you have. Some are non-profit HUD foreclosure counseling agencies too, so they can address those needs. If you are missing work due to a serious illness, did you check into disability? As that is an option in Wisconsin too, and ask the agency about it. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... n_age.html
Brit CMA

Post by Brit CMA »

How are you today? I am a mother of a beautiful and very smart 2 year old boy. I am also 35 weeks pregnant with my second child (a girl this time!). I currently am in a very rough place financially and mentally. Although my fiancé works very hard at his job, he only makes 9 an hour and it is not enough to catch up on the bills we fell behind on while he was laid off.
I am trying to find employment but my skills are in the food and beverage service, with my stomach as big as it is, no one will hire me. I am still positive and searching for something suitable. So between being behind on all bills, taking care of my son, and trying to deal with hormones, I am very stressed to say the least.
We haven’t even bought anything for the new baby. I am afraid she will come home in her hospital clothes. I am trying to ask and find out if there are any options available through your charity that could help with any of my issues. Below I have listed the problems we are facing in order of the severity. Utilities cut off (been running electric cord to neighbor until today) $500 minimum to return power. Rent hasn’t been paid in two months $300 minimum (would really rather just move, house is not up to code).
My car tags are out of date. As I said, I am weeks pregnant (she could come anytime) have no crib, bottles, clothing, NOTHING for her as of yet. My son attends day care but has same clothes having to hand wash daily. No working telephone. If you have any suggestions or know of any type of help please let me know. We are doing the very best we can but it is still not enough. Neither of us have family here in Tennessee to even turn to. We are on our own and pushing very hard to stay positive.
I get assistance from the state with food stamps, day care, and $142 dollars a month but we still can’t catch up. My goal would be to move to a smaller, cheaper house, even one that would have utilities included. I feel as if my hands are tied and I can do nothing to help my family at all. I have always worked and now I am useless to them. Please email me back if you think or come across anything that would help at all. I am sorry to load all this on you but at this time I am desperate and in need of help. If there is no help available can you please send a prayer our way! I trust in God that things will be brighter day after day. This is a test of my faith and I have plenty. In saying that, God bless you and yours and have a wonderful day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that long list of needs, you may want to try a community action agency. They can often be a source of referrals. Or maybe they can even help with the car tags if you need it for work. Since you also are already on welfare on Tennessee, this may limit what they can do. As you decided to have another child when you are clearly struggling already. But you can try, and locate the main community action agency locations in Tennessee.
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

Last November my family, who lives in Arizona, was sent into a whirlwind of pain, sadness and despair after my Dad shot himself in a suicide attempt. While he survived, he is not well & staying in a halfway house facing many health issues and trauma due to his injuries. We now need information on financial help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear about your dad and the suicide. But there are some places in Mohave County that may give financial help during this time of sadness and pain. Also, call the halfway house as they may have referrals too. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Patriots

Post by Patriots »

Good morning Gentlemen,
I have a friend, and she is a 100% disabled Vet, that is deemed incompetent, has a fiduciary and can't buy a home. We are trying to get her information on options available. She live in Gainesville, FL 32606.
She pay over 2k to stay there and is by far the youngest there. She used to stay on hotel row, by I75, here in Gainesville, until she was assaulted. Let's face it, 2k will buy a nice place in the Gainesville area and it's a shame that every time she has tried to buy a place they tell her that she has no credit.
She once told us that she has about 12k in savings, which if true, doesn't compute because she has been in this condition for over 10 years. She has no one checking on her and her fiduciary knows that and I feel that an audit is necessary.
Every time that I reach out I hit a wall too. It's like hear take the 4k a month and we are done with you. Really???
If She had a place she would need assistance with purchasing groceries, cooking meals and housekeeping and she willing to pay her way.
She needs our help, information on financial aid and I'm sure that there are many like her here in Gainesville and across the USA. They need our help!