Help with mold removal in my home

State and local government assistance programs.
petraz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with mold removal in my home

Post by petraz »

I have recently discovered mold in my basement. I am currently unemployed and have a young child at home. I need to have this problem remedied immediately, however, do not have the funds to do it. Does anyone know of any programs that can help with this? Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with mold removal in my home

Post by Admin »

While we are not certain here at needhelppayingbills, maybe weatherization would work for this mold issue. If you are income qualified. We have details on the program here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wea ... _prog.html It is mostly for energy conservation improvements, but maybe this can qualify too. Most of the programs are run by local community action agencies, so call your local agency and ask about this program.
petraz wrote:I have recently discovered mold in my basement. I am currently unemployed and have a young child at home. I need to have this problem remedied immediately, however, do not have the funds to do it. Does anyone know of any programs that can help with this? Thanks
gavindegraw1

Post by gavindegraw1 »

what does weatherization means ? Its too much weird to understand, I hear this kind of word first time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Read information on weatherization. It is basically an energy conservation program for the low income, disabled and elderly.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wea ... _prog.html

gavindegraw1 wrote:what does weatherization means ? Its too much weird to understand, I hear this kind of word first time.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

Arizona
My family moved into a home that we now feel is unsafe with mold and other issues. The roof, which the landlord 'patched' up, is leaking and the stuff used to patch the hole up appears to want to come loose. There is noticeable termite damage/dry rot on an outside beam, switches feel hot when lights are on for more than a few minutes, and the attached shed is infested with mold that we need help to remove and its roof threatening to cave in. There are other issues, but these are most disheartening. We need help to get into a safer home and can't afford another rental while still paying for the time it will take to get us into another.