Need a free attorney

State and local government assistance programs.
Jessee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need a free attorney

Post by Jessee »

My daughter needs an attorney to represent her in court this Friday at 11:30 so that he will not be locked up and lose her NEW JOB. It's regarding slow pay on child support-she was working but with economy, hard time finding jobs. The judge ordered her to pay acertain amount Each month. He's pretty-much up to date on what was due, but not always MONTHLY. She skipped a month because she was trying to collect a double payment to give child support so she could get his license back. So they did get a double payment, but his wife is taking him back to court anyway! Would you know who Could help her. Chesterfield County Courthouse, VA. Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a free attorney

Post by Admin »

I think it depends on your daughters income. Maybe she can qualify for free legal aid or pro-bono, as they do help on things like child support. Read about how free legal aid programs work, and get a listing of attorneys by state, phone numbers, and exactly what type of legal representation they provide.
Jessee wrote:My daughter needs an attorney to represent her in court this Friday at 11:30 so that he will not be locked up and lose her NEW JOB. It's regarding slow pay on child support-she was working but with economy, hard time finding jobs. The judge ordered her to pay acertain amount Each month. He's pretty-much up to date on what was due, but not always MONTHLY. She skipped a month because she was trying to collect a double payment to give child support so she could get his license back. So they did get a double payment, but his wife is taking him back to court anyway! Would you know who Could help her. Chesterfield County Courthouse, VA. Thanks,
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

I am a stay at home mom of 4 children, all under 10. My fiancé is a cement mason in the local union here but has been laid off since mid October, and we think illegally. So we need an attorney that can help us for free. His unemployment barely if at all covers rent, utilities, water/sewer, car payment, car insurance rent and phone. I had to borrow money to pay December's rent, am behind 2 weeks on rent for January - and am having trouble gathering the funds for it, and February's rent is due in two more weeks. If we get this free attorney, he should be back to work by the end of March but this is nearly impossible to make any additional money to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the union tell your husband when they laid him off? What was their reason? An attorney in Arizona will want to know this. In general, no one is guaranteed a job and employment is at will. While it is often hard for people to understand, they can be fired at any time. Just like you can "fire" your employer by quitting at anytime. So it will be a difficult case. But you can try calling on the free legal services in Arizona.
TracMaz

Post by TracMaz »

Hi ,
I been put in a situation where I can't pay my utility bills. I think a free attorney can help me. The person has quit playing on the trailer and my car and I only get 771.00 and I am on disability and this person has just up and walk away from all the bills. Maybe an attorney can sue them? In other words they were all dumped in my lap and I don't know where to go or who to contact about some help. I am in Ludovici Georgia.
Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we are not sure if legal aid will sue someone for you. But you can try and ask. As there are free lawyers in Georgia.
In either case, they can advise you of your rights.
TracMaz wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 am Maybe an attorney can sue them? In other words they were all dumped in my lap and I don't know where to go or who to contact about some help. I am in Ludovici Georgia.
Thank You,