Waiting on unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Raleigh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Waiting on unemployment

Post by Raleigh »

Recently got custody of our other two children,and lost track on our bill schedule.now we r parents of 8 the youngest is 4. Iam layed off in Miami and waiting for unemployment.mean while we.want to go home and cant,due to the fact that our lights r off,we really need help to get home,everyone in our family has went broke getting our children back.god has got us this far but I still have to do my part,but im out of options now please help if u can
Natural

Re: Waiting on unemployment

Post by Natural »

My husband was just let go from is job in Lansing and until his unemployment is approved we have only my income from ssi 865.00 to pay bills. Our electric and water are due to be shut off approx 8/29 and the gas was cut off last month july. are there any assistant programs that could provide temporary help in Lansing? Thank You for your time and help.
MDouglas

Post by MDouglas »

I AM CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011. i HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL MONIES THAT I HAD. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT FOR 10 WEEKS. i DO NEED HELP WITH MY RENT FOE SEPTEMBER AND MY UTILITIES PAID ALSO FOR SEPTEMBER. MY UNEMPLOYMENT WILL NOT START UNTIL OCTOBER 8, 2011. I WAS TERMINATED. i AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A PRO BONO LAWYER IN GEORGIA TO HELP ME WITH AN APPEAL.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

So you think you may have been illegally terminated, or denied unemployment. If so, then this is definitely something that a pro-bono lawyer can help with. Of course if you qualify for the income restrictions and limits in Georgia. Most services are free for the low income. But if your income is not low enough, then the aid may be provided at low cost. Find information on Georgia free legal advice and get numbers of law firms. The big one is Georgia Legal Services Program which can be reached at 404-206-5175.
MDouglas wrote:I AM CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011. i HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL MONIES THAT I HAD. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT FOR 10 WEEKS. i DO NEED HELP WITH MY RENT FOE SEPTEMBER AND MY UTILITIES PAID ALSO FOR SEPTEMBER. MY UNEMPLOYMENT WILL NOT START UNTIL OCTOBER 8, 2011. I WAS TERMINATED. i AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A PRO BONO LAWYER IN GEORGIA TO HELP ME WITH AN APPEAL.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, we have some information on places you can call for help. They include the following in Lansing Michigan. Places like the Ingham County Society of St. Vincent DePaul offers community services and financial aid for housing, utilities, and rent. Another is the Lansing Salvation Army (517) 484-4424 offers help for bills and debts for high risk, low income individuals.
Natural wrote:My husband was just let go from is job in Lansing and until his unemployment is approved we have only my income from ssi 865.00 to pay bills. Our electric and water are due to be shut off approx 8/29 and the gas was cut off last month july. are there any assistant programs that could provide temporary help in Lansing? Thank You for your time and help.
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I need a lot of help I got a 2 year old daughter. I need help with my water bill, sewage, electric and my gas right now my gas is shut off and I am just keep feeling behind. I don't know what to do and my wife is out of work because she is pregnant I am also in the military. She is waiting on her unemployment to kick in. Still not active duty and no more I am in the reserves. I hope to hear from you.
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

Okay. I have a tough situation. I have a lot of medical problems that prevent me from working, though I keep getting denied for disability as well as unemployment. I do not get child support, cash assistance, housing help or even the option for public housing. I am going through an eviction.
None of the agencies in my area are willing to help. They haven't helped me for 6 years, every time I need it, they have a different reason to deny me. I have sole custody of my youngest daughter. I battled for custody of two of my other children but even when my ducks are in a row, they still have their reasons to slam me against a wall and deny my existence. That is besides the point, though.
The point is, I need help and can't get it locally, don't have money to move nor do I have a clue where to go. Even the homeless shelters deny me and I can't stay with anyone in my family. I have no friends. If I lose this apartment, I have no where to go. My daughter can stay with family. After 30 days welfare will report it to the children youth agency and they will force me to sign over custody to whoever in my family has my daughter. My child will be in danger if I lose my place to live and she is forced to live with either of my family members and she won't be going to live with her mother either.
Every where I turn to on the internet is a dead end. I need something solid. I can't keep registering to all these sites just for them to tell me to go to another site or to take money and not help me. I don't have money to give.
School is not an option even if funding for that was available and that still ins't going to pay my rent now and stop shut off notices now. I do have psychological issues as well and was even in the psych ward which did me no good, literally. I am at my wits end and do not see a point in living if I lose the only reason that I am still alive, my daughter. I am not just living in fear or negative thoughts. I really am at a dead end. I need something fast, not just a bunch of applications and denials.
D Robinson

Post by D Robinson »

I'm 30 year old female leaving in NYC. I worked at a Law Firm and lost my job on 2/7/15 but was devastating for me because I have bills (but I'm just very worried about losing my apartment ). My rent is $750 and rent is due on the 4/28/15 and I only have $50 and no family or friends to help.
I've applied for unemployment and thank god I was approved but I won't see my unemployment money until the middle of August. So with that being said I just need help to pay May rent. I can manage the rest with my unemployment. I'm also planning on going back to school to get my masters. Please help me I'm willing and able to pay this loan back. Thank you.
Howdy12

Post by Howdy12 »

I'm on HUD for my rent. Its $92 a month and I usually have no problem paying it, but my unemployment is late. I had to take 4 days of work off because I had all of my teeth pulled to get ready for dentures. That is going to make it very difficult for me to meet all my bills next month.
I'm 59 and have no dependents so that is making it hard to find any organization that will help me. If there is any way you can, I would really appreciate it. Thank You.