Lost my job

State and local government assistance programs.
Dax
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lost my job

Post by Dax »

I lost my job on August 10th, 2011. I am single mom with three children at home in Madison Wisconsin. Two of them are my grandchildren due to my oldest daughter being in prison. I am in process of getting help with foodstamps, and unemployment. I am just looking for a little bit of help just to get me thru this time. I have had long term time on my jobs.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost my job

Post by Admin »

Good that you filed for unemployment and food stamps. So maybe need a little help, now or in the future, for rent or energy bills in the Madison area. Try this link for Dane County assistance, and call the local government office of Dane County Human Services at (608) 288-2452 or maybe dial the Madison WI Salvation Army at (608) 256-2321). Both offer food, counseling, referrals, and other aid.
Dax wrote:I lost my job on August 10th, 2011. I am single mom with three children at home in Madison Wisconsin. Two of them are my grandchildren due to my oldest daughter being in prison. I am in process of getting help with foodstamps, and unemployment. I am just looking for a little bit of help just to get me thru this time. I have had long term time on my jobs.
Berman

Post by Berman »

I lost my job August 20, which was a mid-70s paying professional position. I found another job briefly in August - just long enough to mess up any chance with unemployment claims- but they had an employment agreement that they never told me about, and that two attorneys told me NOT to sign in any case. So now it's September, I've gone through 401k and savings, and I'm a single mom with daycare, rent, student loans, debts, bills, etc....I applied for aid, but it takes so long -45 days, it said?? I need to pay my rent soon and I don't know what to do!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is alot. Use the main site and the nav bars on left navigation menu for information on financial assistance programs. This site of course is bills assistance. Thousands of charities and programs are listed there.
Berman wrote:I lost my job August 20, which was a mid-70s paying professional position. I found another job briefly in August - just long enough to mess up any chance with unemployment claims- but they had an employment agreement that they never told me about, and that two attorneys told me NOT to sign in any case. So now it's September, I've gone through 401k and savings, and I'm a single mom with daycare, rent, student loans, debts, bills, etc....I applied for aid, but it takes so long -45 days, it said?? I need to pay my rent soon and I don't know what to do!
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

My husband left and I do not have a job. He is not helping with anything except paying my rent now thru Dec. We have no food, can't pay utilities, etc...I am trying to get on food stamps but it has been a messy process. I have bills that are coming due and started today and I have no money to pay them. I am so overwhelmed looking for a job, my 5 children and 2 with their families with me, looking for a job, trying to find ways to provide for my family and trying to go to college..I hate asking for help....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other food assistance programs that you may be able to turn too. Food stamps do not need to be your one and only option. In addition, many charities like Angel Food Ministries and other organizations and pantries are always great resources. Find a more comprehensive listing of government food assistance programs and services, both federal and state.
Ellen wrote:My husband left and I do not have a job. He is not helping with anything except paying my rent now thru Dec. We have no food, can't pay utilities, etc...I am trying to get on food stamps but it has been a messy process. I have bills that are coming due and started today and I have no money to pay them. I am so overwhelmed looking for a job, my 5 children and 2 with their families with me, looking for a job, trying to find ways to provide for my family and trying to go to college..I hate asking for help....
Butterfly1975

Post by Butterfly1975 »

I lost my job in august 2011 & since still haven't found employment and my unemployment is in the appeal process & I owe for SEPT. 2011 RENT BUT I WAS JUST ABLE LAST WEEK TO PAY FOR AUGUST RENT. I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE ASKED OR TAKEN HELP WITH LIFE HARDSHIPS EVER BUT MY FAMILY & KIDS RELY ON ME TO FIND WORK AND GET THROUGH IT ALL. I'VE GOT TO PAY AN ELECTRIC BILL BY THE 15TH OR WE WON'T HAVE ELECTRIC..SO THE LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL IS GETTING FURTHER AWAY. I JUST REALLY NEED A HAND IN THIS MATTER & I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET MY FEET PLANTED AGAIN..THANKS
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That date has already past. Was your electric disconnected? If you have kids then you may have some laws and regulations that can protect you from disconnection. Certain states will ensure people with kids have option of payment plans, or the ability to negotiate with your power company. Find our listing of utility disconnection laws and regulations, and be sure your utility company is treating your fairly and just. Or you can speak to an attorney and sue them if they are not. find legal advice on the site too.
Butterfly1975 wrote:I lost my job in august 2011 & since still haven't found employment and my unemployment is in the appeal process & I owe for SEPT. 2011 RENT BUT I WAS JUST ABLE LAST WEEK TO PAY FOR AUGUST RENT. I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE ASKED OR TAKEN HELP WITH LIFE HARDSHIPS EVER BUT MY FAMILY & KIDS RELY ON ME TO FIND WORK AND GET THROUGH IT ALL. I'VE GOT TO PAY AN ELECTRIC BILL BY THE 15TH OR WE WON'T HAVE ELECTRIC..SO THE LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL IS GETTING FURTHER AWAY. I JUST REALLY NEED A HAND IN THIS MATTER & I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET MY FEET PLANTED AGAIN..THANKS
Tyler Han

Post by Tyler Han »

My husband and I have recently hit a financial crisis. We have two sons ages three and nine weeks. We are in need of help with our rent and utility bills. As well as help with payment to get our car running again. My husband works very hard, but we have reached a point where it’s not enough to cover our bills and I just lost my job. As I have had to quit school and work because of our lack of funds for childcare. Is there anyone who can help?
myPillow

Post by myPillow »

I was laid off work after a spinal surgery, I have been unable to find work now that I am able. I lost my cobra coverage because I could not afford the high payments. I was paying for my prescriptions and I have exhausted all my savings. I have two kids both working to try and make ends meet. I can't pay my utility bill and I am behind on my rent. We are just keeping enough food to get by, my son has medical problems as well and he is not getting enough hours at work to do more than pay for his gas and medications. We have three young children as well. Had to take them out of school when I was laid off. My kids only make minimum wage and I have very little unemployment benefits left. I have never felt so helpless and ashamed of myself for not being able to take care of my family. We live in Morgan county. I am going to the office I found on this site tomorrow. I found a job opening listed for City of Hartselle. Maybe my prayers will be answered and they will consider me for the position.
Margielee

Post by Margielee »

I had a bill come up that needed to be paid and because of it I am now short on paying my rent. I am a single mom of two who is disabled and just lost my job. I also have my elderly mother living with me who doesn't have any income until next year when she can claim her retirement. I am on SSI for birth defects in my back and knees. I am freaking out on how I am going to keep a roof over our heads as our property manager is not a very understanding woman.
I am 450.00 short on paying my rent and a month behind on my electric bill. I have managed to keep our electricity on by taking the late fee hits, but I am always a month behind due to job loss. I am not worried about the electricity as I paid it out of my SSI on the first, but I can't cover the 450.00 for my rent. Please help or let me know where I could possible find help. I don't know what to do. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The property manager has zero obligation to be understanding. They are running a business and can't provide housing for free. But there are some assistance programs to try in Adair County. Maybe they have ideas. Such as applying for LIHEAP in Iowa for some short term help. Or maybe you can use a food pantry or similar service for what you need. Here are suggestions for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nggol.html
J Bush

Post by J Bush »

Unexpectedly lost job. Used all savings to pay bills and now cannot pay bills for August. Applied for jobs but have not been hired. Applied for unemployment but was told it could take six weeks to reach decision. Cannot pay rent or bills for August. Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try a regional or national charity. There are many that offer financial help, and you can find a listing of them on the main site. They also may help you find a new job, and learn more on charities that help with bills.
Jobless

Post by Jobless »

My husband lost his job and the only income we have is mine which is only $1000 per month for our family of 4. We have mortgage and car payment which exceed my income. We need help with electric and utilities bills. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you so much for all you do.