Social Security Disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Medtronoc
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Social Security Disability

Post by Medtronoc »

I am currently out of work due to an injury. My bills has falling behind and I only receive $239 weekly by workers comp. I do not receive any other assistance so I'm relying on just the weekly compensations.
Unfortunately I'm behind on my rent and I received an eviction to vacate my apartment in a week by the landlord. I had my lawyer on my workers comp case right a letter explaining my situation and I have also notified my landlord of my situation. I can't work because of a shoulder and lower neck to the head injury and it isn't enough I'm still being evicted. I don't know what to do and really need the help. Please if there's any. I live in Bridgeport, CT THANK YOU KINDLY!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you only receive $239 per week and were injured, did you file for disability? It seems like your lawyer has not been very helpful. There are also advocates that will provide help to you in filing a claim. They do not charge people anything other than a portion of what they make for you. Learn about the services from Social Security advocates.
Wegerski

Post by Wegerski »

Good Afternoon,
I am currently trying to survive on a monthly disability check. I rent an apartment and cannot afford my monthly bills such as rent, utilities, gas, and water. The majority of my check is spent on hundreds of dollars worth of medicines, doctor's appointments, and therapy.
My utilities are out of control and I owe personal property tax in which is extremely overdue. I cannot afford the lien on my car nor new tags and registration, therefore I am forced to stay at home.
I plan on utilizing the Ticket to Work program from Social Security so that I can go back to work very soon and pull myself out of this hole. Please let me know if there's any financial help for someone like me. I am living below poverty and often times go hungry in order to feed my dog. I have to support or family, I just need a bit of relief.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, the Ticket to Work program (as well as other transportation services for the disabled) may greatly benefit you. There are several you can try, and we have information on all of them. As if you really are struggling that badly on your SSI check, you truly need to increase your income or live with friends/family. So if you want t increase your income, then try the ticket to work services. Read more disability transportation assistance.
Wegerski wrote:I plan on utilizing the Ticket to Work program from Social Security so that I can go back to work very soon and pull myself out of this hole.
JohnsonD

Post by JohnsonD »

On SSDI need help with a deposit and first month’s rent. If I could get rent vouchers for 3 years it would save my life. I suffer from chronic pain and extreme anxiety PTSD, borderline personality disorder. I believe good things come to good people and I always make an effort to do whatever I can to help others and will continue to do so in the future.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some disability benefits in New Jersey that may cover those housing expenses you have. Are you a veteran, habing PTSD? If so, also look into the various military benefits out there.
JohnsonD wrote: I suffer from chronic pain and extreme anxiety PTSD, borderline personality disorder.
Boutique

Post by Boutique »

Hello, I just lost my job yesterday and I wad wondering on how to get help paying a few bills. My son is disabled and we have to use his entire social security disability assistance and more to try and pay the rent. Then we also so need food and money for every other bill too. I just wanted a little info on how to get help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why are you using son's disability payment to pay the rent? Don't you have a job? Isn't the intent of his check to pay for his needs...and not 100% of the rent (which you benefit from). Sounds off here. Regardless, try this for disability help in Michigan. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... it_pr.html
Boutique wrote:Hello, I just lost my job yesterday and I wad wondering on how to get help paying a few bills. My son is disabled and we have to use

his entire social security disability assistance and more to try and pay the rent.
Rella

Post by Rella »

Dear Sirs:
I am a senior citizen, receiving SSI social security disability; however, it isn't enough to pay my rent and utilities.
Could you please assist me with my utilities, water and electric?
Thank you so much.
Best regards,
Alibaba

Post by Alibaba »

I am on SSDI and my bills exceed my income so they are always late. I've been disabled for over 8 years now and never applied for Social Security Disability assistance until now. I am trying to return to college for a new career and it's been terribly expensive just to apply and gather paperwork and info. I need cash, rent and utility expenses.
Offtherack

Post by Offtherack »

Hello,
I am a single mom of three teenagers. One of my kids is in the autism spectrum, has severe add, and Tourette syndrome. He gets social security disability. I am a victim of domestic violence. When I left my abuser, my family was forced to separate, and I have become depressed. I feel hopeless. My kid's education has been compromised. All my family's social security cards and birth certificates have been stolen from us. My credit is horrible, and my car broke down yesterday. I can’t afford the repair. I currently don’t have a job or a reference for a job because I was a caregiver for my abuser's mother.
My son receives SSI Social Security Disability and I receive $80 per month for child support. I have an outstanding debt to a public housing authority. And I have a dog.
My family lived in Bremerton, Kitsap County, WA. I am in my broke down car in Shelton, Mason County, WA. My kids are staying with friends for now.
I have already been timed out on TANF and more Social Security Disability money. I don't have any resources.
Please help or point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance,
Amber Tooley

Post by Amber Tooley »

I am located in Decatur Georgia and I am currently on social security disability but it is not enough to pay rent, electric, gas, water and food for my home I have two kids. One in high school with a firm of autism and my oldest in college. Please contact me with any information that I can use to get around these loop holes. I thank you in advance.
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

I need help with getting social security/disability services to understand that I can no longer work for a paycheck. I have Multiple Sclerosis and I have fallen many times, the last really bad one broke my nose and eyeglasses. With that being said, the female at social security/disability was sure that I had been trying to defraud the system, because,  no one my age should be unable to work, and told me that $325/monthly is more than I deserve.
Bend, Oregon  97702