Government won't offer me assistance or help

State and local government assistance programs.
Pwert
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government won't offer me assistance or help

Post by Pwert »

I am in need. I have 3 kids and I am separated from my spouse. He does not/has not/will not work. Anyway, I am one of those barely miss the mark people that can't get assistance because I work. Because I am not on welfare, and because I don't sit at home and have 10 kids and not work, I can't get help. We live at a LaQuinta Inn in Garland. This is because my credit is too bad to get an apartment. And, if I get an apartment, my husband can easily come over and make our life hard. In a motel,we can just dial 0 for the front desk. I wish I could get the help that all the people get that won't work. He could most likely get all sorts of benefits, but he won't. He would rather live off of women. I need help with anything I can get.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government won't offer me assistance or help

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is challenging in that the government can give help to the lowest income, maybe people with 10 kids as you say, etc. But your only option in Garland isn't government assistance. There may be programs from non-profits or other organizations. Find example of help in Dallas and get information on places to call for help with bills, rent, etc. Call organizations like Cedar Hill Food Pantry-Sharing The Bread at (972) 293-2822 or the West Dallas Multipurpose Center. (214) 670-6530. They may be able to help you pay for that rent for that apartment.
Pwert wrote:I am in need. I have 3 kids and I am separated from my spouse. He does not/has not/will not work. Anyway, I am one of those barely miss the mark people that can't get assistance because I work. Because I am not on welfare, and because I don't sit at home and have 10 kids and not work, I can't get help. We live at a LaQuinta Inn in Garland. This is because my credit is too bad to get an apartment. And, if I get an apartment, my husband can easily come over and make our life hard. In a motel,we can just dial 0 for the front desk. I wish I could get the help that all the people get that won't work. He could most likely get all sorts of benefits, but he won't. He would rather live off of women. I need help with anything I can get.
Chin12

Post by Chin12 »

Landlord is going to evict my common law wife, son and me on November 1st if we don't catch up with past due rent. We got 1 month's assistance, but didn't cover the rent and we are more behind. HELP. Wife is on FIB, Foodstamps, medicaid?, but I am having trouble finding work, as is she, both white collar workers, and I am 50 with some health issues that are causing additional problems. Please help if you can advise us where to go now, both State and Federal. We are desperate!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When your needs for help cross over the spectrum of multiple expenses and bills, we always recommend starting at the main page of http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
On the site you can find free food, debt counseling, low income federal and local government assistance, and of course charity programs. Basically anything you may need. But you do need to take care of those rent expenses first and foremost.
Chin12 wrote:Landlord is going to evict my common law wife, son and me on November 1st if we don't catch up with past due rent. We got 1 month's assistance, but didn't cover the rent and we are more behind. HELP. Wife is on FIB, Foodstamps, medicaid?, but I am having trouble finding work, as is she, both white collar workers, and I am 50 with some health issues that are causing additional problems. Please help if you can advise us where to go now, both State and Federal. We are desperate!
Ranndyred

Post by Ranndyred »

To whom it may concern,
I'm writing you today because by some devine miracle I stumbled across your site. I recently moved into an apartment with my 3 year old son ( who is actually my nephew). I have been raising her since she was 2 and a half, since the death of her mother....My decision to move out has come only after leaving a bad 5 year relationship. I was able to take only my clothes and a few personal items upon leaving, which is ok. However, the car I use to get myself to work and my son to school is in his name. Last evening he let me know he would be taking it.Honestly, I just scrape by from month to month right now. There is no way I can afford to go out and get a car. And my credit is terrible from past medical bills. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I'm one of those few people who can't get gov. assistance because according to them I make to much money, and yet I still don't make enough to get by. I don't want to quit my job, I don't want to be on welfare or unemployment, but I really don't know where to turn. I have already pawned all my jewelery for food and rent money over the last months, I have given up my health insurance, and anything else I can to cut costs. I just don't know how to swing this one....Besides that, my landlord has just informed me that I need to put oil in my tank for the winter, needless to say at this point I just want to throw up my hands a cry... I'm not sure how to pay for that either.... I put in a liheap app, but again, it was a no go. So...Please if there is any way you know anyone who would be willing to help I would really appreciate it. I know one day I will be able to pay it forward....Please let me know. P.s. I live in Maryland if that makes any difference.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Reading between the lines here, it sounds like you have some income, but are just overwhelmed with bills, debts, car payment, etc. Sounds like you want to contribute to society and work hard, but just need a break or some short term help. If we are correct with this, you may need some free non-profit credit counseling. Find a listing of credit counselors in Maryland and learn about the programs and free services they can provide the needy, low income, and less fortunate in the community.
Ranndyred wrote:To whom it may concern,
I'm writing you today because by some devine miracle I stumbled across your site. I recently moved into an apartment with my 3 year old son ( who is actually my nephew). I have been raising her since she was 2 and a half, since the death of her mother....My decision to move out has come only after leaving a bad 5 year relationship. I was able to take only my clothes and a few personal items upon leaving, which is ok. However, the car I use to get myself to work and my son to school is in his name. Last evening he let me know he would be taking it.Honestly, I just scrape by from month to month right now. There is no way I can afford to go out and get a car. And my credit is terrible from past medical bills. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I'm one of those few people who can't get gov. assistance because according to them I make to much money, and yet I still don't make enough to get by. I don't want to quit my job, I don't want to be on welfare or unemployment, but I really don't know where to turn. I have already pawned all my jewelery for food and rent money over the last months, I have given up my health insurance, and anything else I can to cut costs. I just don't know how to swing this one....Besides that, my landlord has just informed me that I need to put oil in my tank for the winter, needless to say at this point I just want to throw up my hands a cry... I'm not sure how to pay for that either.... I put in a liheap app, but again, it was a no go. So...Please if there is any way you know anyone who would be willing to help I would really appreciate it. I know one day I will be able to pay it forward....Please let me know. P.s. I live in Maryland if that makes any difference.
Closedcaption

Post by Closedcaption »

Hi, I have contacted Tony last week but can’t seem to get him again. I received an eviction notice from my landlord, Greg. Our place is far from worth what we pay but we need a place, we were homeless this past summer. We need help with rent to stay or find another place ASAP. Plus, people gave me a shut off notice, I called and they want over 375 dollars to keep it on. I’m scared for my kids. Please have someone call me. Thanks.
Freese1

Post by Freese1 »

My name is Chris and have been looking for work constantly. My rent and half of utilities is due on the first. I don't even have money for a bus and am out of ramen noodles. I have never had government assistance before, but am in desperate need of it now. How do I find transportation there and back? What should I bring? I'm really hungry and scared of losing our apartment. Please tell me what I can do.
P.S. I have no phone. My roommate lets me use his iPad to apply for jobs and check emails.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Transportation, and bus tickets, are very rare, if they exist at all. Looks like you are in Minnesota. Maybe try a community action agency there. Some have programs to help encourage people to get to get or find employment. Or maybe a case manager will have referrals. Read Minnesota community action agencies.