Child support not enough

State and local government assistance programs.
TCBad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Child support not enough

Post by TCBad »

I was recently fired from my job in July because.of health problems, I had an anxiety attack and.my general manager let me go, it has been hard now, cant find a job. My husband works.full time but pays child support then we have rent and bills. I was interested to see how the one time tanf works? Is is governmental help? Certain Requirements? Do we pay the money back monthly? Its just been so hard and we barely make it through two weeks with $120 dollars.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Child support not enough

Post by Admin »

So the health problems sound like caused you to run up medical bills and debts, in addition to that rent and lack of child support. Well, you can always apply for government assistance of course. Or you can explore such options as medical debt settlement. We have extensive information on the site at medical debt settlement. There are non-profits that offer the service, and other professional counselors. Also be sure to review your medical bills as studies show up to 80% of hospital bills have errors.
TCBad wrote:I was recently fired from my job in July because.of health problems, I had an anxiety attack and.my general manager let me go, it has been hard now, cant find a job. My husband works.full time but pays child support then we have rent and bills. I was interested to see how the one time tanf works? Is is governmental help? Certain Requirements? Do we pay the money back monthly? Its just been so hard and we barely make it through two weeks with $120 dollars.
Highoil

Post by Highoil »

I am 45, single 2 mid teen children at home. Many complications filing for SSI the other cannot find is in school. I lost my job at as a server at local restaurant on first to rehire list. Father is not paying child support. I am a full time student at Liberty University Online majoring in Psychology with a double minor in substance abuse and crisis intervention, I am on the Deans list with a 4.0 GPA. I have cancelled everything but my phone and internet because I need them for school. I am 2 months behind on my phone/internet bill through Verizon and due for disconnect. I am due for disconnect on my water bill. I have called for application for Couleecap assistance on my electric and heating bills. I am in desperate need Of help I have sold most of my belongings furniture included just to support myself and my family. I have not found any help on line they seem to all be ads. I thank you for your assistance in my need. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anytime anyone goes to school is a great thing. Keep doing that to improve education and income. Can you get any aid from school, which can then be used to pay bills, rent, etc. In addition, look into Los Angeles water bill assistance programs and resources, including payment plans and discounts too. Talk to other places like Salvation Army for new furniture too.
Highoil wrote:I am 45, single 2 mid teen children at home. Many complications filing for SSI the other cannot find is in school. I lost my job at as a server at local restaurant on first to rehire list. Father is not paying child support. I am a full time student at Liberty University Online majoring in Psychology with a double minor in substance abuse and crisis intervention, I am on the Deans list with a 4.0 GPA. I have cancelled everything but my phone and internet because I need them for school. I am 2 months behind on my phone/internet bill through Verizon and due for disconnect. I am due for disconnect on my water bill. I have called for application for Couleecap assistance on my electric and heating bills. I am in desperate need Of help I have sold most of my belongings furniture included just to support myself and my family. I have not found any help on line they seem to all be ads. I thank you for your assistance in my need. Sincerely,
Morley

Post by Morley »

I was in an abusive relationship for the past 3 1/2 years. I am disabled and was just declared legally blind last Friday by my doctor. Child care is also not being paid. My oldest son moved up about a year to help me get out and protect me until we could. He and my youngest daughter were also abused. My 33 year old son is also disabled. There was a big blow up 2 nights ago when we explained that the abuse was stopping, we were leaving ASAP and wanted what was right fully ours. My now ex boyfriend called the police, said we threatened to kill him, erase his family and burn down the house. Which is not true. He was arrested about 10 months ago for assault. There is a lot more to this but I am running out of time. We left and got temp restraining orders yesterday but are homeless and need help from someone, anyone. I can't even have the blind services help me now as I have no place to live or able to start. Is there anything someone can do? I will be 56 in September, have no family here. His parents are coming up and are being abusive also well his mom is. They are coming up Saturday already on their way from Nevada and said my stuff needs to be out. I had just bought beds for my youngest girls, food, needs for my ferrets and have no money. My son already paid rent for the month at their home so he has no money. Please God help us!!
Underwood

Post by Underwood »

I am a 36 year old woman and I reside in New Orleans Louisiana. I was abused by my husband before I left my home. I got into so much debt to pay for his funeral. I have 2 daughters and also a child on the way. My husband is in jail. I am in the process of working with child protection. I lost everything. I lost my house, me and my kids clothes, and one of my vehicles. After my husband went to jail his family started to torment me. They destroyed all the things in my the house. Spray painting, urine and feces were found all over. They stole everything of value and the police would not allow me to press charges because they said my husband gave them permission to go into the house.
I live in a house with my mother and her boyfriend who is an alcoholic. I get no child support from my convict husband. They are always fighting and I need to get me and my kids away from him. I need so much help that I don't know who to turn to. I came from a place where no one helps anyone for free but please if it means paying back at tax time, please just help me and my family get back on track. I doesn't matter if I have to volunteer somewhere in the area. Just please help us I don't know what else to do. I begging for your help sincerely.
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That sounds horrible. You should maybe call a shelter that focuses on DV victims in the New Orleans area. Or try a group such as Catholic Charities, which also often helps women. So you have a few options. But first and foremost should be your safety, and find other resources in New Orleans.
Kelly lynn

Post by Kelly lynn »

I'm only getting $200 a month in child support and food stamp case is closed. I need food, help with rent and utilities, my AC is not working and I have 1 window unit that works. Also my car has no power steering and no air conditioner.
I have been online applying for jobs and I'm not qualified to work they say so I'm really upset and I don't know what to do. I have no help. I have went to a church and picked up food once.
I'm wanting to go to school to get my GED and get a job. I only have restaurant skills and cashier skills but nobody really seems to reply back. I have 4 children 12 and under. Any help would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think this is where you live, in Calhoun County, but not really sure. Try the resources for food, housing, energy bill help, and more. But you also need job training...as cashier jobs will never pay you enough to have a long term, stable income. They are also slowly being "phased out". So try this fir help, including on that GED. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... macou.html
Kelly lynn wrote:I'm only getting $200 a month in child support and food stamp case is closed. I need food, help with rent and utilities, my AC is not working and I have 1 window unit that works. Also my car has no power steering and no air conditioner.
I have been online applying for jobs and I'm not qualified to work they say so I'm really upset and I don't know what to do. I have no help. I have went to a church and picked up food once.
I'm wanting to go to school to get my GED and get a job. I only have restaurant skills and cashier skills but nobody really seems to reply back. I have 4 children 12 and under. Any help would be appreciated.