Need a non profit organization

State and local government assistance programs.
Loider
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need a non profit organization

Post by Loider »

So I just wanted to say I love your website. I was completely unaware that
there is assistance out there that could potentially help myself and
children. I have been denied alot through horry county DSS, due to making to
much over poverty limits. I maintain a job fulltime, and support my daughter
and son to the best of my ability! Currently receive no help with the kids
father for 5 yrs. And they are 6 and 7. However I have him processed
through the courts for a support order for the past 5 yrs. Childcare is god awful expensive, I do not qualify for help with that because I gross over poverty:) they do not take in to consideration and bills-rent, lights, water, food, and anything else that I need to do for my kids. I may gross every 2wks. 650.00 to 675.00, but take home at most 560.00. I try so hard to keep my smile on my face for my children, even when the doors are closed in my face. It was brought to my attention that if I cut my hours back at work I would qualify for everything, but that is not in my nature...plus my kids look up to me! I would not like to instill in my children how to be lazy and cheat the " system ". So here I am now, trying my hardest to see if there is any help for a hard working single parent, not looking for everything given to me, just some help. August 15th I have found a home in Emerald Lakes rent is 530.00 monthly, deposit is 1st and last months rent, lights plus security deposit, water plus security deposit. Not to mention my outrageous childcare bill! I have small amounts of furniture, and I did get approved for foodstamps. So if there is non profit organizations willing to lend a helping hand for myself, son and daughter that would be a blessing. Thank you
for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a non profit organization

Post by Admin »

Glad to read you want to get ahead and become self-sufficient on your own vs use the system. There are non-profits and organizations in the Horry County and Myrtle Beach are that can help you get ahead, pay bills, offer rent help, and the like. Read about the assistance in Horry County and the different agencies to call. Some of the examples include North Strand Helping Hand (NSHH). They offer food, guidance, and rental assistance. (843) 399-0862. Another option would be Churches Assisting People (CAP). They may have gasoline, prescription medications, and assistance with paying utilities in South Carolina and Myrtle Beach area too. Phone 843.488.2277
Loider wrote:So I just wanted to say I love your website. I was completely unaware that
there is assistance out there that could potentially help myself and
children. I have been denied alot through horry county DSS, due to making to
much over poverty limits. I maintain a job fulltime, and support my daughter
and son to the best of my ability! Currently receive no help with the kids
father for 5 yrs. And they are 6 and 7. However I have him processed
through the courts for a support order for the past 5 yrs. Childcare is god awful expensive, I do not qualify for help with that because I gross over poverty:) they do not take in to consideration and bills-rent, lights, water, food, and anything else that I need to do for my kids. I may gross every 2wks. 650.00 to 675.00, but take home at most 560.00. I try so hard to keep my smile on my face for my children, even when the doors are closed in my face. It was brought to my attention that if I cut my hours back at work I would qualify for everything, but that is not in my nature...plus my kids look up to me! I would not like to instill in my children how to be lazy and cheat the " system ". So here I am now, trying my hardest to see if there is any help for a hard working single parent, not looking for everything given to me, just some help. August 15th I have found a home in Emerald Lakes rent is 530.00 monthly, deposit is 1st and last months rent, lights plus security deposit, water plus security deposit. Not to mention my outrageous childcare bill! I have small amounts of furniture, and I did get approved for foodstamps. So if there is non profit organizations willing to lend a helping hand for myself, son and daughter that would be a blessing. Thank you
for your time.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

My wife to be is currently experiencing some real trouble financially. She has no job and no family and no roof over her head. I am trying to gather as much information as possible for her because she needs help desperately. I don't make enough to cover a home for us and am lucky to be where I am at currently. She is unable to live with me. I really need some help finding some assistance with housing. We currently reside in Austin Texas and would really really appreciate it if you could provide us with some insight on what I can do to help her.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why is wife unable to live with you? Living together would help both of you reduce expenses. The list of Travic County Texas assistance programs, which include housing and maybe job finding services, is here. Of course it covers Austin too. Several locations exist across County, such as the Austin Texas Salvation Army which can be called at (512) 476-1111.
Osborne wrote:My wife to be is currently experiencing some real trouble financially. She has no job and no family and no roof over her head. I am trying to gather as much information as possible for her because she needs help desperately. I don't make enough to cover a home for us and am lucky to be where I am at currently. She is unable to live with me. I really need some help finding some assistance with housing. We currently reside in Austin Texas and would really really appreciate it if you could provide us with some insight on what I can do to help her.
Maraschiav

Post by Maraschiav »

I came here August 1, 2011 having payed rent and deposit, electric deposit, and water deposit, hoping to get hired and can't find employment as of yet. My funds are depleted. I applied for aide from the government and not for profit and didn't make the deadline to get some documents so I have to reapply. I have a 11 year old son that I still haven't even payed his lab fees and my electric bill has already came in to be payed. Car payment is late but all I am worried about right now is my rent. I have used my money to buy food and necessities.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on non-profits and government assistance programs in San Bernardino, so these may be able to help you with thos eutility and housing deposits, as well as ongoing monthly rent payments. Call around to agencies like San Bernardino County Community Action Agency at 909-723-1500 as well as the Mountain View Community Church at 909 357-9377. Those are just two of the many options available to you in your situation.
Maraschiav wrote:I came here August 1, 2011 having payed rent and deposit, electric deposit, and water deposit, hoping to get hired and can't find employment as of yet. My funds are depleted. I applied for aide from the government and not for profit and didn't make the deadline to get some documents so I have to reapply. I have a 11 year old son that I still haven't even payed his lab fees and my electric bill has already came in to be payed. Car payment is late but all I am worried about right now is my rent. I have used my money to buy food and necessities.
Stewwe

Post by Stewwe »

Hello I am a single mother of three from Tuscaloosa, Alabama that has been having financial issues the last past year and now I am over my head at this point. Can you please direct me in the direction to get the help that I need from a non-profit. Had to put my school on hold to pawn my laptop so I can pay the bills. I am at desperate point right now I would greatly appreciate if some can email me back on what or who I to contact or do to get some help. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Never pawn something. This will only put you deeper into the while. So our site has information on assistance programs in Tuscaloosa as well scholarships and other options. Maybe they can help you get back on track with education. Non-profits will be listed here. Read Tuscaloosa programs for paying bills, case management and more.
Menendez

Post by Menendez »

I've come to a hard time. I was forced to move out of my place due to my landlord not responding in a mannerly time frame for a non-profit agency that was going to assist me. I need help with my expenses. It needs to be with 2 months of rent owed. If it doesn't work out, it will cause me to be forced to move. My electric bill is 618.00 which I have some of but I've been spending a lot of money for hotel rooms.
I have been at my employment for 14 years now. I'm a hair stylist I enjoy my job but we were forced to close for awhile due to owner not having his paper work in order which cause me to have to deal with this financial problem. I’ve found another place. I have a child so if any assistance that is giving is highly appreciated and I will be willing to reimburse.
Arrington

Post by Arrington »

Dear Madam or Sir:
My friend is diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. She is unable to work or earn a living, is often hospitalized for complications from the cancer, and has been denied benefits, including medical benefits, due to herstaying home for a few years to care for her now-deceased mother who had dementia, when there was no one else who could help care for her mother. Social services has denied her, so now we are turning to non-profits. She is prescribed 17 medications that eats away every penny of their family money. The husband has worked since she was a teenager.
She has been married 15 years. (US Army Vietnam veteran, served 17 years as police chief/ law enforcement officer for a small town). The couple have two sons and help their children/ grandchildren in any way they can.
The town has to have fundraisers so that the family could afford her medication, medical needs not covered by insurance, trips to the hospital and medical services; and the husband has to continue working to keep their medical insurance benefits - rather than staying home to help care for his terminal wife.
There are many people who feign disability (guy I know who receives SSDI, works on vehicles full-time, in plain view, tows his daughters 4 miles to school on his bicycle and is attending IT computer school...a woman who feigned suicidal ideation so she could get SSDI and stay home to host parties, etc.). This senior citizen REALLY is ill and REALLY needs help, and should not be denied benefits because she doesn't know how, nor would she want to beat-the-system!
There must be SOMEONE out there, or some non-profit agency, who can help this family, so they don't have to choose between basic necessities and cancer / palliative care treatments.
CAN YOU HELP? If you can't, could you tell someone who can? She was a military man's wife, law enforcement officer's wife and the family served their community for decades. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a bunch of grant based programs for the disabled. They are located here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rants.html
Some are run by non-profits, others come from the government. In either case there may be some financial aid available for you for paying your bills from these grant programs.