Legal assistance for IN resident married to MN resident?

State and local government assistance programs.
Kaye
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Legal assistance for IN resident married to MN resident?

Post by Kaye »

My mother is a resident of Indiana but is married to a man who is a resident of Minnesota. He has filed for divorce in Minnesota and, being quite well-to-do, has an expensive attorney in St. Cloud. Is it possible for my mother, who is requesting a very modest monthly stipend which he is refusing to grant, to receive any assistance in attorney fees since her husband resides in Minnesota and she resides in Indiana?

Thank you,
Kaye Saunders
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal assistance for IN resident married to MN resident?

Post by Admin »

Not sure, but we can direct you to free legal aid in Indiana. Many attorneys provide pro-bono (free) services for income qualified individuals, people who experienced abuse, elderly, etc. We think try calling these law firms in Indiana and see what they say. Find free legal advice in Indiana from firms such as Indiana Legal Services phone (317) 631-9410
Kaye wrote:My mother is a resident of Indiana but is married to a man who is a resident of Minnesota. He has filed for divorce in Minnesota and, being quite well-to-do, has an expensive attorney in St. Cloud. Is it possible for my mother, who is requesting a very modest monthly stipend which he is refusing to grant, to receive any assistance in attorney fees since her husband resides in Minnesota and she resides in Indiana?

Thank you,
Kaye Saunders