Low income assistance programs

State and local government assistance programs.
michelledoucette20

Low income assistance programs

Post by michelledoucette20 »

is there one place for low income assistance programs. Maybe some master site or place to turn to. I have family in Michigan and California that need aid and we qualify for low income as we are struggling, like so many other people.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Low income assistance programs

Post by Admin »

michelledoucette20 wrote:is there one place for low income assistance programs. Maybe some master site or place to turn to. I have family in Michigan and California that need aid and we qualify for low income as we are struggling, like so many other people.
There is not really just one place or master list for all low income assistance programs. The best resource you may find is this site needhelppayingbills.com. I have listed dozens/hundreds of programs and ways to get help.
Margarita

Post by Margarita »

Hi, I would be interested in finding out if there is any way to get help having my truck fixed. I am 51 ,single and work full time , I also go to school on a pell grant. I am having a hard time making ends meet. I had a great job that I worked at for 15 years and it closed down, I took another job but after 5 years here I am only making a little over 8 dollars an hour. I provide a home for and care for my dad who is 75 and had a stroke. My problem is that my truck broke down and I have no money to repair it. It is a 1990 Ford and the transmission went out. I live in a town that has no public transportation. ( even if they did I couldn't afford it). My
electric bill and mortgage take everything I earn and I don't make enough money to save for having it fixed. My friend loaned me their car but I can't keep it much longer. please if you know of anything in my area that would help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Alford

Post by Alford »

I am 74 years old and I need to have my roof replaced. I am unable to pay for someone to do it or for the materials. I have tried to keep up with it by patching but needs to be replaced. The back of the house is flat and front of house has small pitch. Please if there is anything you can do let me know. I live in New Smyrna Beach.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Roofs are not common to get replaced, or paid for. Try weatherization, and say you need a new roof for safety and energy conservation. Also many states offer low or zero interest loans for things like home repairs, which may include roofs. Of course it is not free as it is a loan, but the rate will be very low. Anyway, find more information on other low income and home repair programs and options.
S_Berner

Post by S_Berner »

Hi, I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin and I am in need of financial help desperately, due to some legal issues that were made more than what they really were the only place I can get employment is McDonald's for $7.75 an hour. I have been unemployed since 2-27-2009 and attending medical school, due to legal issue I cannot get a job in medical field I have been trained for, also any other place I have applied to I get denied due to background check. I barely make enough to live on, me and my husband are separated and not allowed to see each other, he is also unemployed due to an injury at work, so I cannot get help from him, the only vehicle I have is a lease vehicle and the payment is $367.00 a month, DHS will not help me, I have severe migraines daily, PTSD, anxiety, depression and tremors, and sleep disorder that I take medication for, I am behind on my car payments and have tried to find help, if I lose my car then I have no way to work. I am trying everything I can to take care of myself, but I have no insurance and make almost nothing. I really need financial help right now to avoid losing my transportation.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

I NEED HELP WITH LOCATING RESOURCES FOR HELP WITH RENT, ENERGY BILLS, DENTAL CARE, AND MENTAL HEALTH FACILITIES IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA. I ONLY GET A SMALL DISABILITY PAYMENT AND MY MOTHER WHO IS TURNING 65, IS STILL WORKING AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. BUT LET ME LIVE WITH HER, AND IT PAINS ME DEEPLY TO SEE HER STRUGGLE WITH NO ASSISTANCE FOR HER, AND I GIVE AS MUCH AS I CAN TO HELP. THIS IS A DIRE SITUATION BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO END UP DESTITUTE. PLEASE SEND ANY AND ALL RESOURCES POSSIBLE, AND GOD BLESS YOU. THANK YOU.
LonelyPeople

Post by LonelyPeople »

Right now, my fiancé and I are struggling to make ends meet due to lack of employment opportunities. We are both employed, but neither job is providing enough hours to cover our bills. His 2 year old son is with us 1/2 of the time, and we are afraid that if we can not pay our current bills, we will lose the time we have with him. We need to pay the other half of our rent, and pay the car payment in order to be caught up. I get paid on Friday, but I know that it will not be enough to cover bills. I don’t want to ask for help, but I know that God is looking out for us and will help us one way or another. Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. We do have extensive information on financial assistance in Milwaukee, including for much of what you listed. While of course transportation is very rare, there are resources for medical needs (such as free clinics), job training for the unemployed, legal aid for dealing with disability claims and much more. Find a listing of assistance programs in Milwaukee.
HollyJ

Post by HollyJ »

I am on SSI, been searching for apartments in Lincoln Nebraska. Nearly all the listings for affordable apartments do a credit check and then ask for a co-signer. I have no credit, and can't get anyone to co-sign for me. I have documentation for proof income. I am currently bouncing from sofa to sofa.
This is not a cry for help, but a honest chance to regain my independence back. would you please contact me if you have any valuable information or resources that will aid me into getting my life back on track? Thank you very much and have a good day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Of you have zero credit then yes, it will be difficult to get an apartment. Think about it from a landlord's perspective....they need some assurance (other than your word) that you will pay the rent. A credit check shows how likely you are to do this based on past history, which is the best predictor of future behavior. So try non-profit credit counseling as well in Lincoln Nebraska, and locate other emergency aid. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr2.html
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I need 900 dollars at the moment to cover lot rent, phone, electric and heat and some food for myself and my cat. I'm 57 years old, considered to be low income, and am working on trying to find work. I've been out of the work force for a year. I'm working on a resume and am going to the Department of Labor to see what they can help me with. I've been working on trying to raise the money by selling my stuff.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The department of Labor in Tennessee? They normally help with employment needs...not low income financial aid programs. Here is more information on them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
We would suggesst instead trying a pantry for food. Then a charity for the other phone, heat, telephone assistance you need.

Sushi wrote:I'm working on a resume and am going to the Department of Labor to see what they can help me with.
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

Hello my name is Andrenique and including me have a family of 9 that is in need from low-income assistance programs. We have been homeless since July 2022 and we're still waiting on housing help. I am on rapid rehousing waiting list for low income people. We have been since May of this year. My family have been getting help then we're back to square one. Losing majority of our property, selling valuables to make ends meet and also items that were dear to us. My children are needing a place to call home. If someone can please help us out it would be greatly appreciated.
We have a go fund me trying to get help.
Please help us.
We're currently in Houston Texas
Thank you