Cable bills

State and local government assistance programs.
SaraTuck
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Cable bills

Post by SaraTuck »

I need help with my Cable, I get it from Comcast and I downgraded my service, but they need 80 dollars in order to bring it up to zero.. only get 674 dollars from SSI and I have to pay back the bank in payments of 3 payments of 50 dollars ($150) and I have a minimum vet bill for the cat of about $200.00 (not including other tests and medications) I'm not eligible for a discount from Seattle City Light since I'm on Section 8 housing and I've already used the LIHEAP fund.. but I need to be able to pay the 60 dollar electric bill.. my rent is about 152 dollars from the section 8 voucher ..are there any programs in the Shoreline, Washington area that can help me out with the bills
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cable bills

Post by Admin »

Well, can't usually get help for paying for things like cable as it is a not a need that people have to live. It is a luxury. Cancel your cable and use basic TV. Or if you want some tips on saving money on cable TV expenses, we do have those on the site. But you should really cancel your service. Find ways to get help with cable bills.
SaraTuck wrote:I need help with my Cable, I get it from Comcast and I downgraded my service, but they need 80 dollars in order to bring it up to zero.. only get 674 dollars from SSI and I have to pay back the bank in payments of 3 payments of 50 dollars ($150) and I have a minimum vet bill for the cat of about $200.00 (not including other tests and medications) I'm not eligible for a discount from Seattle City Light since I'm on Section 8 housing and I've already used the LIHEAP fund.. but I need to be able to pay the 60 dollar electric bill.. my rent is about 152 dollars from the section 8 voucher ..are there any programs in the Shoreline, Washington area that can help me out with the bills
Body

Post by Body »

I was laid off Jan,27th and have been searching for job. I need help with my electric bill. I know cable is a luxury but I am working from home to send resumes and need my computer and telephone because this is only phone I have and is on my resumes. I called Comcast but they are unable to keep phone and internet without use of cable. My electric bill is 148.00 and was due 2/14.phone and internet 125.00::Please help while I am desperately looking for work and have no income at the present time. Unemployment benefits are not in effect for 4-6 weeks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not too many programs help with cable bills. Our advice is to shut it off and let it go. Many public resources can provide you free free internet access. Save money by cancelling cable TV. Instead use your library, or a local employment center. Local job employment centers can even often provide resume review, case management, and counseling too. And direct you to employers who may be hiring. It is a much better option. If you do want to find some cable bill assistance programs, use this. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
Body wrote:I was laid off Jan,27th and have been searching for job. I need help with my electric bill. I know cable is a luxury but I am working from home to send resumes and need my computer and telephone because this is only phone I have and is on my resumes. I called Comcast but they are unable to keep phone and internet without use of cable. My electric bill is 148.00 and was due 2/14.phone and internet 125.00::Please help while I am desperately looking for work and have no income at the present time. Unemployment benefits are not in effect for 4-6 weeks.
Cswindell

Post by Cswindell »

My rent is 850.00 per month. I still owe 346.00 for this month and I have 850.00 due again on 12-01-15. I have utility as well as cable bills that must be paid also for this month so I can't manage to get ahead since I was off work a couple months ago on Family medical leave without pay. Living pay check to pay check and then losing pay because of medical has really put me behind and I don't know what to do any more.
I need help, it hurts to ask for assistance with my TV and utilities but I don't know what else to do. The holidays are here and I know I cannot give a nice Thanksgiving nor can I do anything for my grandchildren or anyone here at Christmas. To ask for help is more than humbling, I don't know what else to do now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are not many programs for paying cable bills. This is usually a want and not a need. But you also mention utility bills; that you can often get assistance for. You can find resources here, at utility bill assistance programs. Is your medical leave serious enough in which you can apply for disability? If so, also go down that path/option.
Cswindell wrote:I have utility as well as cable bills that must be paid also for this month so I can't manage to get ahead since I was off work a couple months ago on Family medical leave without pay. Living pay check to pay check and then losing pay because of medical has really put me behind and I don't know what to do any more.
LeavingLasVegas

Post by LeavingLasVegas »

I am in need of serious assistants in paying on my cable bill. I have no employment, so I depend on public assistance, but it’s no enough to cover all my household needs. I am a single Mother and find myself with my back against the wall. Please give me a little help if someone is able, I would be so grateful. Thank you for your time. Please call me as soon as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you live on public assistance, you should not have cable TV. It is a want and not a need. Cut the cord to save money, and get rid of the cable TV.

LeavingLasVegas wrote:I am in need of serious assistants in paying on my cable bill. I have no employment, so I depend on public assistance, but it’s no enough to cover all my household needs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin wrote:If you live on public assistance, you should not have cable TV. It is a want and not a need. Cut the cord to save money, and get rid of the cable TV.

LeavingLasVegas wrote:I am in need of serious assistants in paying on my cable bill. I have no employment, so I depend on public assistance, but it’s no enough to cover all my household needs.