Cash assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Oswald12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cash assistance

Post by Oswald12 »

My husband got laid off for three weeks in December of 2012, for these reason is that we got behind on our rent. We owe 3 months. Our utilities are also behind one month, our cell phone bill to, and our cable bill. In food we are good because we get food stamps, my husband has a full time job but it doesn't seem to help much we don't seem to get up to date with the bills, we live in Maryville Tennessee. I'm also still looking for a job have applied everywhere, so please we just need a little bit of help. Thank you so much in advance if someone could help us.. God bless and have a good day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Marysville is located in Blount County Tennessee. So with all of those bills and needs you mentioned, try the local community action agency. They even have information on job training programs for your unemployed husband. However, you also need to budget, as you seem to still have cable for some reason even though you are behind on everything else. Cable is a want, and not a need. In other words, cable won't do you much good if you are evicted and homeless. Your cable should have been cancelled months ago. Regardless, find the Marysville and Blount programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ction.html
Conners

Post by Conners »

I am a pregnant mother of 4 soon to be 5, I am currently unemployed and soon to be homeless. As of right now my utilities are already shut off. I am due for my 5th child in September and currently had to stop working at my 3+ year job due to pregnancy complications.
Please reply and let me know if there is anything or anyway someone out there can help. I currently don't receive no food or any kind of assistance as I didn't need them while I was working but since I lost my job I can not provide the funds or essentials for my children. Thank you for your time and I pray someone can help.
MTrout

Post by MTrout »

To whom it may concern,
reside in New York City. I recently applied for temporary assistance and they forwarded me to a workforce program called Back to Work. My case is currently pending and I am wondering if I do find a part time/full time position with the help of someone within the program, do they still allow me to collect public assistance. Or is it once I get a part time/full time job they close the case and concur that I am working now and do not need assistance?
I am just really confused and I feel HRA in NYC wasn’t really to helpful in answering my questions. The basics of my question is wondering, if my case is pending and I get a part time/full time position with utilizing the back to work program, do they still give me temporary assistance for a period of time, or do they close my case and turn off my temp assistance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I really need help from a cash assistance program. We need a miracle. It's been four years and we haven't celebrated Xmas because my husband had a heart attack and he killed 39 percent of his heart and he had four quadby pass and he has broke his hip too.
Now my husband is diagnosed with lung cancer and he has other illnesses and it's so hard for us. My husband doctor says he is really ill. He tried to fight for his cash aid from SSI and he was denied and doctors says that they are just waiting for him to go but my husband can't work like he use too. But he does try though and it hurts us because we stay here and there.
Now my kids only ask for a miracle and have a great tree so please if you can call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a lighing bill problem, try LIHEAP in SC. But if it is cash assistance you need, then the program to apply for is TANF. Read more details. This is the main federal government program that will provide cash for months to a very low income family, often with kids. But you have a long list of needs....car, rent, electric, etc. so you need much more than TANF can provide. You probably need to live with family or friends to cut back until you can get on your own financial footing.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I am a 27 year old female with a 6 year old disabled son. I work at Jack in the Box making $7.35 per hour. I try to work 40 hours per week but it does not always work that way. My son only gets $491.70 per month and I make MAYBE $440 bi weekly.
Our rent is $350, lights are $85.00 per month, water is $60 per month and we do not receive food stamps. We live in Bacliff, TX which is Galveston County and we are having trouble paying our rent as well as for food.
I try to apply for cash assistance, go to food banks and local food fairs but due to my work and the fact that we have no car makes things extremely difficult. I constantly cry because my son says it’s too hot to be walking but that is our only way to get around. Please, anything you can do to help. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Be White

Post by Be White »

Due to my mistake dealing with my elderly mother's bank account, her entire social security check was taken for this month. I did manage to get family members to pay the rent for this month but her cable and phone are disconnected. I know that sounds like luxuries but for her they are necessities.
She hardly leaves her apartment at all. One time before when her cable got disconnected, she actually got suicidal. Please help us with any type of cash assistance. Groceries are hard to come by right now also. Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is mostly for very low income families, so not sure if your grandmother will qualify. But we do have details on homw to apply for cash assistance in all states. The phone numbers, office names, etc. are all listed on the site.
Be White wrote:Please help us with any type of cash assistance. Groceries are hard to come by right now also. Thank you in advance for your time and help.