I can't work b/c I have to care for my sick son, need help..

State and local government assistance programs.
21karensmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I can't work b/c I have to care for my sick son, need help..

Post by 21karensmith »

I have to stay home and care for my son who has "Hypoplastic Right Sided Heart Syndrom". Because of his condition he cannot go into a child care facility or to a babysitter. There are so many medical things that my son has that you have to know to watch for and take care of, he also can't risk being around other kids who are sick, or he gets sick and we spend more time in the hospital. I am a pharmacy tech, a cna, and a nurse extender, so i have the knowledge and experience to care for him, but not being able to work, because i have to stay home and care for him has put a major financial strain on our family. Is there any program in AZ that could help, by paying me to care for my son??? My aunt knows of several in AL, but I can't seem to find anything for AZ.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I can't work b/c I have to care for my sick son, need he

Post by Admin »

So it is health care you need, or access to programs to help pay medical or other bills? If it is health care, use the link below. It is a comprehensive listing of assistance programs in Arizona. Scroll halfway down to find a listing of free clinics. Also use the nav bar on the left margin to find other ways to get help with medical and hospital bills.
If you need other help, such as rent or other bills like utility, pick your county from the list and find programs and non-profits there.
Here is information on Arizona assistance programs.
21karensmith wrote:I have to stay home and care for my son who has "Hypoplastic Right Sided Heart Syndrom". Because of his condition he cannot go into a child care facility or to a babysitter. There are so many medical things that my son has that you have to know to watch for and take care of, he also can't risk being around other kids who are sick, or he gets sick and we spend more time in the hospital. I am a pharmacy tech, a cna, and a nurse extender, so i have the knowledge and experience to care for him, but not being able to work, because i have to stay home and care for him has put a major financial strain on our family. Is there any program in AZ that could help, by paying me to care for my son??? My aunt knows of several in AL, but I can't seem to find anything for AZ.
21karensmith

Post by 21karensmith »

I know that there are programs that pay you to take care of a sick/elderly/disabled parent, that require you to be medically trained. As I said before I have the training, but I can't go back to work right now, because he is too vulerable to sickness, till his next surgey is over. I was wondering if there is a program that will pay me to stay home and care for my son, since he cannot go into anyother sort of care so I can work??? He has accces, because of his heart condition it automaticlly qualifies him, so his insurance is not an issue at this time. But my husband is the only one working and we also have a 6month old. Money is so tight, and we are $20,000.00 in medical debt plus credit card bills, that we cannot seem to get caught up on so we will be filling bankruptcy. We need some sort of help, but I'm not sure where to go?????
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Regarding the debts, here is information on how to get help with credit card debts. Look into the links for Arizona assistance I sent you and call those local agencies, non-profits, etc. Those local agencies would be your best source of information.

21karensmith wrote:I know that there are programs that pay you to take care of a sick/elderly/disabled parent, that require you to be medically trained. As I said before I have the training, but I can't go back to work right now, because he is too vulerable to sickness, till his next surgey is over. I was wondering if there is a program that will pay me to stay home and care for my son, since he cannot go into anyother sort of care so I can work??? He has accces, because of his heart condition it automaticlly qualifies him, so his insurance is not an issue at this time. But my husband is the only one working and we also have a 6month old. Money is so tight, and we are $20,000.00 in medical debt plus credit card bills, that we cannot seem to get caught up on so we will be filling bankruptcy. We need some sort of help, but I'm not sure where to go?????
21karensmith

Post by 21karensmith »

Thank you very much, espically for you assistance on locating websites, that was a pain tryin to narrow them down :-)