need help moving

State and local government assistance programs.
Margielee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help moving

Post by Margielee »

Disabled and in need of help moving. On SSDI and social security offers no help..have to be on SSI for help. Once I give my entire check for rent and security deposit, I will have no money left to buy my son groceries for the month. This is so upsetting for me and I just don't know what to do since TriTown offered me no help either. Thank you for anything you can do.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help moving

Post by Admin »

A stimulus program was created that may be able to help you. Moving expenses may be offered as part of the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program, which is the Obama and HUD stimulus program. It can also provide emergency rent help, security deposits, credit counseling, and other short and long term financial support.
Margielee wrote:Disabled and in need of help moving. On SSDI and social security offers no help..have to be on SSI for help. Once I give my entire check for rent and security deposit, I will have no money left to buy my son groceries for the month. This is so upsetting for me and I just don't know what to do since TriTown offered me no help either. Thank you for anything you can do.
Devonthomas

Post by Devonthomas »

Would like assistance relocating back to Wichita, KS. I moved to Washington state due to a divorce situation last year, but am having difficulty due to underemployment, and my 11 yr old daughter has had/is having educational problems also. She was born in Wichita. Plus I know of many resources of help and have more friends/family there as well. Any help or suggestions are desperately needed-as we DO NOT have sufficient income to maintain our current rental housing here in Washington. We will be homeless either way soon. I believe we would stand a better chance of not being homeless for long if we relocate to Wichita. Thank you, and I hope you can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Funds for moving expenses are very rare. Not common. Try a community action agency. As far as rent, while in Washington, use this for Washington assistance programs and resources. There are some eviction prevention and low income housing programs run across the state for the low income and needy.
Devonthomas wrote:Would like assistance relocating back to Wichita, KS. I moved to Washington state due to a divorce situation last year, but am having difficulty due to underemployment, and my 11 yr old daughter has had/is having educational problems also. She was born in Wichita. Plus I know of many resources of help and have more friends/family there as well. Any help or suggestions are desperately needed-as we DO NOT have sufficient income to maintain our current rental housing here in Washington. We will be homeless either way soon. I believe we would stand a better chance of not being homeless for long if we relocate to Wichita. Thank you, and I hope you can help.
Aaple

Post by Aaple »

I am 18 years old and live in New Mexico. I will be graduating next year. I live with my aunt who is my guardian but we don’t really see eye to eye. I have a part time job. I also receive social security. I get 725$ a month but I was recently cut off but I am appealing the case and is still receiving payments until further notice. But I know that wont be enough to cover rent, security deposit, food, moving costs, and to buy furniture and everything else. I would like to move out in the next year or two.
Cooker

Post by Cooker »

I recently moved to Atlanta because of a new job in the tech sector. Turns out the job has had a bad few months and they decided not to hire me after I already moved to Atlanta and signed my lease. I'm currently looking for a new employer, but to add insult to injury the engine in my car has blown so I've been relying on public transit and Uber to get to interviews and pick up local odd jobs just to scrape by.
With my lack of a consistent income, I've spent entirely too much of my money on transit. Now I'm fighting to pay my apartment rent, the late fees, and now even finding food is becoming a struggle. I Goggled 'Rent Due this week and I don't have any money' and found your website. I've been spending a lot of time praying and reflecting on my situation and I'm praying that your program is a Godsend. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. If not or I don't qualify, I still thank you for offering hope to countless helpless people.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are dozens of workforce centers and employment programs in Georgia. They can help you, and they can even ensure you get some skills to increase your income. Find more details.
Then maybe your income will be more consistent, you will be able to pay the bills, etc. But it all starts with a job....and not just praying,
Cooker wrote: I've been spending a lot of time praying and reflecting on my situation and I'm praying that your program is a Godsend.