Utility help, water, power, gas

State and local government assistance programs.
khaluia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility help, water, power, gas

Post by khaluia »

Hi all, I am new to this forum and am in great need of help. I have used all available help from our local DHS office already for this year and we currently have no water in the house and the power is scheduled to be shut off any day now. My husband is disabled and I am unable to find a job probably due to the fact that we live in Michigan. I have contacted all the local agencies and have been told the same thing by all of them....Sorry we have no help...only to watch people walk into one of the assistance centers, fill out the same papers as others did, and get help when they told multiple people waiting there was no help. I currently am in another HUGE bind as our bank is investigating our account for possible fraud and we have absolutely no money at all right now, I can't even go to the store because we have no gas in the car. I have contacted the power and water folks only to be told "oh well, we can't help you and your services will be turned off by weeks end". Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Utility help, water, power, gas

Post by Admin »

Most assistance programs are specific to a city, town, or county. So without knowing your county in Michigan, we will provide you the state link, then select your county. Here is the Michigan assistance program link. Scroll midway down the page and select your county. Also throughout the main site on the left navigation bar and on the genenral Michigan assistance page there are links to thousands of assistance programs, phone number, non-profits, etc. Select your program or agency and call for help. DHS is not your only option.
khaluia wrote:Hi all, I am new to this forum and am in great need of help. I have used all available help from our local DHS office already for this year and we currently have no water in the house and the power is scheduled to be shut off any day now. My husband is disabled and I am unable to find a job probably due to the fact that we live in Michigan. I have contacted all the local agencies and have been told the same thing by all of them....Sorry we have no help...only to watch people walk into one of the assistance centers, fill out the same papers as others did, and get help when they told multiple people waiting there was no help. I currently am in another HUGE bind as our bank is investigating our account for possible fraud and we have absolutely no money at all right now, I can't even go to the store because we have no gas in the car. I have contacted the power and water folks only to be told "oh well, we can't help you and your services will be turned off by weeks end". Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Booster99

Post by Booster99 »

I need information on where i can get assistance with my electricity, water, gas and rent bills. My boyfriend and I lost our jobs and he is having a hard time filing for unemployment, and neither of us have received calls on another job. We have a 19 month old. Our rent is two months behind and our electricity was shut off this morning and our water will be out in a matter of days. I need emergency assistance the places ive called said they will get back in 2-4 days. Help please we have n where else to turn,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

He can ask the local unemployment office in Iowa for help in filing. The application process should not be that complicated. As far as getting assistance with other needs and bills while waiting for that unemployment check, use this for state of Iowa programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/iow ... grams.html Water service is harder to find help for, but many service can help with paying electricity bills and expenses. And emergency assistance is available in Iowa too.
Booster99 wrote:I need information on where i can get assistance with my electricity, water, gas and rent bills. My boyfriend and I lost our jobs and he is having a hard time filing for unemployment, and neither of us have received calls on another job. We have a 19 month old. Our rent is two months behind and our electricity was shut off this morning and our water will be out in a matter of days. I need emergency assistance the places ive called said they will get back in 2-4 days. Help please we have n where else to turn,
alishadw1

Post by alishadw1 »

Hello. My name is Alisha. I recently moved into a very large house with my 3 children 1,3,and 7. I thought I could afford the bills but I am now realizing I am in way over my head when it comes to propane. I am able to pay my other bills but the cost of propane is outragious! With the weather getting colder, I am getting more worried about this winter. Is there any place that can help with propane in my area?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You said your area. Where is your area?
alishadw1 wrote:Hello. My name is Alisha. I recently moved into a very large house with my 3 children 1,3,and 7. I thought I could afford the bills but I am now realizing I am in way over my head when it comes to propane. I am able to pay my other bills but the cost of propane is outragious! With the weather getting colder, I am getting more worried about this winter. Is there any place that can help with propane in my area?
Wilbaum

Post by Wilbaum »

I just need some help some of my basic bills for the next month. I was working for an elderly gentleman and had been for over a year, but due to financial difficulties of his own he had to let me go. I wasn’t making a whole lot but I was making enough to get my bills paid. I am hoping to get a job soon with the holidays coming up. I have water, sewer and electric to get pay in the next month or two. I understand that you may not be able to help with any of them but I do thank you for taking the time to read this.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

Hello I'm a Marine Veteran with a back and neck disability which prevents me from working due to taking pain killers because every doctor does not recommend getting spinal surgery so young. So I would like to work from home, or find a way to get money from VA donations or something.
I currently have a car with a bad transmission. I only have 2 gears, 1st gear and reverse. I need a way to school so I can obtain the GI Bill which is my only source of income. I also have a lot of bills unfortunately due to debt rent and utilities. Rent is $630, Credit Card $161, Utilities $200, Car payment, $310, Loans, $430, leaving me with around $300 a month. Which is definitely not enough for anything.
Also I have a 23 month old German Shepherd which is a service dog and helps me with emotional frustrations with my injuries. My disability is not allowing me to do anything which is really frustrating to me and it just really sucks. Thank you,
EricFisher

Post by EricFisher »

My rent is $500 and my energy bill is always around $150. I do not pay a water bill. I supposedly do not qualify for
food stamps. I cannot pay my bills and feed myself while making $8.00/hour. I am constantly searching for a job with
better pay but without school or training it is nearly impossible.
I have tried going back to school and failed
miserably. I can do clerical work but need more steady work than a temp agency can offer. I have debts that need paying
off and my car needs repairs neither of which I can afford since I cannot even pay my living expenses. I have no
roommate and no child so I do not qualify for any widely known government assistance. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many rent, food programs, and utility bill assistance is offered in Indiana County. But why did you fail at school? As education is key. Or maybe there are temp agencies in Indiana County. Find resources here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html
EricFisher wrote: Sun May 08, 2016 4:51 am My rent is $500 and my energy bill is always around $150. I do not pay a water bill. I supposedly do not qualify for
food stamps. I cannot pay my bills and feed myself while making $8.00/hour. I am constantly searching for a job with
better pay but without school or training it is nearly impossible.
I have tried going back to school and failed
miserably. I can do clerical work but need more steady work than a temp agency can offer. I have debts that need paying
off and my car needs repairs neither of which I can afford since I cannot even pay my living expenses. I have no
roommate and no child so I do not qualify for any widely known government assistance. Please help!