Need food aid

State and local government assistance programs.
Smithie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need food aid

Post by Smithie »

I had to move in my mother's house to take care of her. She required 24hr.care. Long story short, within a month I will be paying all utility bills. I have been on disability since 1995. They have not raised the rate to the standard of living for 3yrs. There is no way I can pay the water bill or any of the utility bills without help. ***For the past 4 summers we have had a devasting drought which has not only effected the price of water in the city, it effected all of the wildlife that live in the country. When I say country I mean everthing just outside the city limits sign. Until 3 years ago I lived less than 5 min. from my mother's house, but it was outside the city limits, so I lived in the country. I can tell you from 1st hand experience the toll the drought took on the wildlife, on the flora. THERE WAS NO FOOD FOR ANY OF THE ANIMALS TO EAT. THIS WILL BE THE 4th YEAR THIS HAS HAPPENED. MAYBE YOU COULD HELP! DIG SOME WELLS. DO SOMETHING,PLEASE!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need food aid

Post by Admin »

Free food can be obtained in Florida from a number of charities, non-profits, government programs as well as these Florida food banks. Most will help anyone, no matter income or their background. So there are dozens of distribution sites located around the state, and places like the Salvation Army, Catholic charities, as well as other non-profits and assistance organizations in the state.

Smithie wrote:I had to move in my mother's house to take care of her. She required 24hr.care. Long story short, within a month I will be paying all utility bills. I have been on disability since 1995. They have not raised the rate to the standard of living for 3yrs. There is no way I can pay the water bill or any of the utility bills without help. ***For the past 4 summers we have had a devasting drought which has not only effected the price of water in the city, it effected all of the wildlife that live in the country. When I say country I mean everthing just outside the city limits sign. Until 3 years ago I lived less than 5 min. from my mother's house, but it was outside the city limits, so I lived in the country. I can tell you from 1st hand experience the toll the drought took on the wildlife, on the flora. THERE WAS NO FOOD FOR ANY OF THE ANIMALS TO EAT. THIS WILL BE THE 4th YEAR THIS HAS HAPPENED. MAYBE YOU COULD HELP! DIG SOME WELLS. DO SOMETHING,PLEASE!
BradleyLucas

Post by BradleyLucas »

Need help with Rent & Food Assistance, Laid-Off more than a 99 week person, No U.I. benefits because working in past as 1099 Wage Earner although for Federal Government. Sad Times, cannot even believe nor concieve what is happening, especially to the current Financial Economy. Sincerely,
joncmac

Post by joncmac »

Yes, tough in that unemployment runs out after 99 weeks. Try calling a food bank in your area of Kansas. They can provide free food and maybe information on other programs, such as rent and homeless prevention. Programs for food are listed here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/kan ... banks.html

quote="BradleyLucas"]Need help with Rent & Food Assistance, Laid-Off more than a 99 week person, No U.I. benefits because working in past as 1099 Wage Earner although for Federal Government. Sad Times, cannot even believe nor concieve what is happening, especially to the current Financial Economy. Sincerely,[/quote]
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

I am a single mom that has been denied public assistance due to my income. i know your wondering why i would ask for help but the income i receive is for a whole month. i pay full rent in sub housing and receive no food stamps. the end of there is barely food in the house. ive got a power bill due on sept 19th and not sure howto pay it because rent is also due/ my son is in high school and has alot fees that have to be paid. his dad passed away 6 years ago and he gets SS from him buy its getting very hard making it the whole month trying to pay rent,bills, and keep food for the whole month. i would like to purchase food from Angel Ministries if i had the funds to pay for it. that would help alot to feed us the rest of month. i have no car now because there is never enough money left to save to buy one, so there for its hard for me to find work. i would like some info on the at home jobs u have posted. i would also like to inqire about the grants you have to help single moms aquire a vehical. i know most moms have it worse than but im being a burden on my family. if your interested please contact me via email. and also i tried applying for the grants online and all they do is keep sending me to advertisements and survey. do you know to apply with out going thru that.
thank you for
your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Angel Foods Ministries is a great program that I do not think many people know about. It basically gives people food for almost 50% off. And the food is high quality. To your point you do need some income though, as it is not free. Read tons more on Angel Food Ministries and where to call, and how to get low cost, cheap, yet high quality food. We also have data on various food banks and pantries.
Cutler wrote:I am a single mom that has been denied public assistance due to my income. i know your wondering why i would ask for help but the income i receive is for a whole month. i pay full rent in sub housing and receive no food stamps. the end of there is barely food in the house. ive got a power bill due on sept 19th and not sure howto pay it because rent is also due/ my son is in high school and has alot fees that have to be paid. his dad passed away 6 years ago and he gets SS from him buy its getting very hard making it the whole month trying to pay rent,bills, and keep food for the whole month. i would like to purchase food from Angel Ministries if i had the funds to pay for it. that would help alot to feed us the rest of month. i have no car now because there is never enough money left to save to buy one, so there for its hard for me to find work. i would like some info on the at home jobs u have posted. i would also like to inqire about the grants you have to help single moms aquire a vehical. i know most moms have it worse than but im being a burden on my family. if your interested please contact me via email. and also i tried applying for the grants online and all they do is keep sending me to advertisements and survey. do you know to apply with out going thru that.
thank you for
your time
BOWMAN

Post by BOWMAN »

To: Whom it may concern
I recently had to obtain help from Crisis Assistance Ministries to keep my gas heat going in my home and I know now that I am really struggling and having to keep a jacket on daily , except when I have to shower and wash clothing....Please provide me with info...I am disabled and collect food stamps. I really need more food and help. Thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, the winter hasn't been too bad, so hopefully you have made it through ght worst of it and will not need more heating help. As far as the food, yes, this is most concerning. If people do not have food then they nothing else matters. Here is information on the Charlotte NC food banks and pantries for you. Find how to get free food, groceries, meals, and other aid.
BOWMAN wrote:To: Whom it may concern
I recently had to obtain help from Crisis Assistance Ministries to keep my gas heat going in my home and I know now that I am really struggling and having to keep a jacket on daily , except when I have to shower and wash clothing....Please provide me with info...I am disabled and collect food stamps. I really need more food and help. Thank you so much
Sarkozy

Post by Sarkozy »

Hi, I am in need of help. I am currently behind on my bills due to my suffrage with Systemic Lupus, I am unable to work, I have been denied Disability and have even tried to work, but I find myself being fired because I could not keep up with everyone else, so now I am very depressed- wandering where I am gonna get money to eat nevertheless the bills. I receive Foodstamps but not many to cover whole month due to cost of living and I am just lost and do not know which way to turn. If you could find it in your heart to help me I will be very grateful and on day i can return the favor, Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, food stamps were never really intended to cover someones total needs. They are only to be a portion. Also try food banks and pantries in New Hampshire too. Some of those non-profit charity type organizations may have some food for you, and can otherwise help you meet your emergency needs. And look into New Hampshire public assistance programs and agencies too.
Sarkozy wrote:Hi, I am in need of help. I am currently behind on my bills due to my suffrage with Systemic Lupus, I am unable to work, I have been denied Disability and have even tried to work, but I find myself being fired because I could not keep up with everyone else, so now I am very depressed- wandering where I am gonna get money to eat nevertheless the bills. I receive Foodstamps but not many to cover whole month due to cost of living and I am just lost and do not know which way to turn. If you could find it in your heart to help me I will be very grateful and on day i can return the favor, Thank You
JoeQuick

Post by JoeQuick »

I am writing to you because I think mine is a special case.

I am 55 years old now living with an old friend here in Charleston, SC. I was living with my sister and her husband and my 15 year old nephew. They lived in such a remote area that work was not to be found. I was stuck. State of New York helped me with food stamps. Two Sundays ago the 15 year old nephew burst into my room drunk and beat me up telling and yelling at me that he wanted me out of the house. He left a gash on my head a bloody nose bruises on my arm and a sore back I am
still walking a bit slow. He said he was going to kill me and I was in fear for my life. A friend gave me 1000 dollars to get out of the home and away from there and my friend here in south Carolina allowed me to come live with him at 330 dollars a month.

I paid him two months rent and I am now out of money. I have until January before I can take early retirement (if it is still available). I have no transportation and without some sort of help I will be homeless soon. I was afraid to stay in the state and afraid of what the nephew might do to me if I stayed but now that I am away if I can do something about his vicious attack on me I will.

His abuse has been verbally constant and while he hit me a couple of times before this time he drew blood and it took 3 people to pull him off of me and his parents excused his actions by saying oh he was just drunk. Now I am left on the verge of being homeless. I have no food, but I do have my food stamp card from New York but wonder if I can still use it here?

My friend here got me a phone. And from now until October 1st I am set here in this home but it will not be unless I can get aid from the state to cover 330 dollars a month rent. Is there any way you can help me or assign a worker to help me? First I need some food. I am still having trouble walking around and cant get to places to well I am enclosing a copy of my New York identification with my last address on it. The nephew who attacked me is here. But I would like to keep it confidential as to
where my location is as I fear he will try to come and do me bodily harm and or kill me.

Maybe social services can help me the next 6 months until I can get social security retirement. I am now 55 years and 7 months old. Also I currently I have NO medical insurance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on food programs, including pantries, in Charleston South Carolina. But sounds like you need more than that if being faced with homelessness too. As the social worker at a food bank for more referrals too, and find the listing here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html