Live in my car and need a home or apartment

State and local government assistance programs.
Vilaphone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Live in my car and need a home or apartment

Post by Vilaphone »

Hi there
My name is Vil, and I have been researching programs that help people in need. Well im going through a lot right now and need help. I live in my car currently and only work low part time, although I have been looking and applying to many places I just cant seem to get the part. I have car payments that are too much and cant seem to get help with that, as well as paying back college. All in all I need help in a lot of areas, including finding a home to live in which is most important right now. Im not sure who I could talk to about this but I can be reached by this email or by the phone. If for some reason I do not answer the phone leave a voicemail with a phone number to call you back as soon as I can. I hope that you can help me, ive been doin this for bout 3 weeks and need help.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Live in my car and need a home or apartment

Post by Admin »

Did you register from the New Jersey area? Sorry, can't tell for sure as you did not list state. If so, then here are some homeless prevention and some Bergen County rent assistance programs and options. While there are many listed on the link, some example of places for rent, food, housing counseling, etc include Center for Food Action in Carlstadt (201) 933 - 4268 as well as Community Pantry (201) 460 - 3000
Vilaphone wrote:Hi there
My name is Vil, and I have been researching programs that help people in need. Well im going through a lot right now and need help. I live in my car currently and only work low part time, although I have been looking and applying to many places I just cant seem to get the part. I have car payments that are too much and cant seem to get help with that, as well as paying back college. All in all I need help in a lot of areas, including finding a home to live in which is most important right now. Im not sure who I could talk to about this but I can be reached by this email or by the phone. If for some reason I do not answer the phone leave a voicemail with a phone number to call you back as soon as I can. I hope that you can help me, ive been doin this for bout 3 weeks and need help.
Thank you
Dev McCourtney

Post by Dev McCourtney »

I have applied for disability, my husband has just lost his job and now we are about to have our water, electric and our phone shut off and we will need to live in our car. We have 2 children and one of them has health issues. We both are currently looking for jobs outside of Houston Texas. I have weight restrictions our car is about to be reposed all these will hinder us to locate jobs please. We need help if we don’t pay the electric before 5 pm today they will shut us off. I have called around but no one will help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are living in your car, that is not safe. There are various shelters in Harris County Texas for people in the Houston area. While it can be harder to find a shelter for 2 children, it is possible. So try those locations, and find of list of Houston shelters and transitional housing.
Dev McCourtney wrote:I have applied for disability, my husband has just lost his job and now we are about to have our water, electric and our phone shut off and we will need to live in our car. We have 2 children and one of them has health issues. We both are currently looking for jobs outside of Houston Texas. I have weight restrictions our car is about to be reposed all these will hinder us to locate jobs please. We need help if we don’t pay the electric before 5 pm today they will shut us off. I have called around but no one will help.
ChristineLag

Post by ChristineLag »

Hello, I am going back and fourth from house to house when me and my mother get into arguments she kicks me out. I'm living in my car now, but starting school in January but I'm not stable at all in any circumstances. When she move in the next two months I will have no where to go because she said I can't come with her. I am on the Verge of becoming homeless. Does this program help you get an apartment and help with the rent? I'm trying so hard to look for a place!
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I am 61 and on disability which is very low income. I don't have a car and I can't find a home for me. I have searched so hard and see all this but you still have no help.
I don't know what I'm missing on all this but I am almost on the street and can't walk much. I broke my back in 2004 and in December 2014 I got both knees replaced. I can't just be on the street, please someone help me get into an apartment home please. I have to get a car to get physical therapy and so much more please give me the answers.