Injured at work

State and local government assistance programs.
Daleliah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Injured at work

Post by Daleliah »

I am a single, 51 year old woman, no children, working at Extended Stay America Hotel, in Richmond, CA. I work in housekeeping, and I don't make enough money to pay my rent, and I'm afraid I'm going to be evicted and I'm unable to find a place cheap enough to rent. I was working graveyard shift in Laundry in Pleasant Hill, but I fell and was injured, and sent to their doctor and started a Workmans Compensation Claim. I was off work for 3 weeks, and was to be placed on "light duty." There was no light duty available, but I returned to work in Richmond where they transferred me to housekeeping services. I gave my area supervisor a claim to send in so I could receive payment for missed work, but he didn't turn it in and I called the Insurance agent directly and was told he didn't reply to email and the file would be assigned to another claim agent. I was told I would hear from someone the following day but still have not heard anything, meantime my June rent is past due, and I've called other agencies listed online and was told I dont qualify because I'm not disabled, dont have kids and I'm not 60 years old. I need immediate emergency assistance and don't know where to get help. Please, I'm desperate, can you help me? Please contact me ASAP. I would appreciate it very much. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Injured at work

Post by Admin »

Are you in the Contra Costa County part of Richmond California? As I may be wrong, but I think the town crosses over other counties. If you are, get Richmond Contra Costa assistance programs and places to call for help to avoid that eviction. While they may need more time for your June rent, the agencies may be able to start the process. Places like Pacific Community Services which can be reached at 925-439-1056 provide housing services, like rent help, housing counseling, mortgage programs. SHELTER, Inc. in the Contra Costa are is another great place to call. Phone (925) 335-0698.
Daleliah wrote:I am a single, 51 year old woman, no children, working at Extended Stay America Hotel, in Richmond, CA. I work in housekeeping, and I don't make enough money to pay my rent, and I'm afraid I'm going to be evicted and I'm unable to find a place cheap enough to rent. I was working graveyard shift in Laundry in Pleasant Hill, but I fell and was injured, and sent to their doctor and started a Workmans Compensation Claim. I was off work for 3 weeks, and was to be placed on "light duty." There was no light duty available, but I returned to work in Richmond where they transferred me to housekeeping services. I gave my area supervisor a claim to send in so I could receive payment for missed work, but he didn't turn it in and I called the Insurance agent directly and was told he didn't reply to email and the file would be assigned to another claim agent. I was told I would hear from someone the following day but still have not heard anything, meantime my June rent is past due, and I've called other agencies listed online and was told I dont qualify because I'm not disabled, dont have kids and I'm not 60 years old. I need immediate emergency assistance and don't know where to get help. Please, I'm desperate, can you help me? Please contact me ASAP. I would appreciate it very much. Thank you
Marybeth

Post by Marybeth »

Im behind in every thing rent bills etc. I have four kids and im in school i lost my job i have no help from anyone and kids need clothes i dont care how i look like alongs as they dont suffer i always worked and this has been miserable my driver license got suspended so its real hard to get around i have to pay for rides so alot of my money goes to that idk even if i dont get any help it felt good to vent thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling the Jefferson County Alabama organizations, non-profits, and community action agencies for help. An extensive listing is on the link below. Find examples like Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity 205-327-7500. They offer weatherization, free food, grants for paying energy bills, and other financial aid.

Marybeth wrote:Im behind in every thing rent bills etc. I have four kids and im in school i lost my job i have no help from anyone and kids need clothes i dont care how i look like alongs as they dont suffer i always worked and this has been miserable my driver license got suspended so its real hard to get around i have to pay for rides so alot of my money goes to that idk even if i dont get any help it felt good to vent thanks
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

I am 1 credit shy of graduating from U of A but unable to pay any part of my student loans. Have not been able to find a job since May although I have been looking diligently every day, and now to make matters worse I am hurt from an injury at home. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 18 years ago and have done my best to pay 385.00 a month for my prescriptions.
Eight years ago I was also diagnosed with MS. I am behind in all my bills gas, rent, electric. I have gone on average without food typically 5 days at a time every week. I need help and I’m at a loss as to where to start. Thank you for your time in reading this.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

Hello
My disability benefits has ended and I was denied for unemployment based on my last 18 months have been on disability. I was terminated 3 years ago after reporting a work injury. My termination was then unexpectedly and I was eligible for unemployment then was put on disability instead.
I maxed out my 2 years of workers compensation and 1 year SSDI and now I only received 1000 dollars a month for workers compensation permanent disability advances. I am still being treated for my injuries and have been rested 74 percent disabled by worker comp state rater.
Due to financial need my doctor is given me the okay to try part-time work if my restrictions can be accommodated.
I have qualified for food stamps which as been a blessing.
Any information or references for cash /rent aid or other expenses will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try all of the disability programs in Connecticut. There are many of them, and they are noted here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nefit.html
If you were terminated for reporting a work injury, that also sounds illegal. You should look into that. There should also be pro-bono legal aid in CT for issues such as that. So between the $1000 SSD you get, and what your employer may pay you, those two should really help.