Single parent needs help

State and local government assistance programs.
BrianMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single parent needs help

Post by BrianMac »

I am a single parent 14yr old daughter and 7yr old son. my car was impounded last month this made difficult to make it to work i. lost my job and facing eviction at this point. my children and I were homeless for a year prior to getting this apartment.I pray that I don't put them through that situation again. Both of them are great students .I know they deserve better.I welcome any advice o and information that can help me prevent becoming homeless again. I am in desperate need of help to pay my rent. I lost my job last month and cannot apply for unemployment until next month. My boyfriend is an insulin dependent diabetic and since we have no insurance we are paying out of pocket for everything($$$$$). We are good people, not afraid to work hard. we just hit a bad spot and we need some help. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single parent needs help

Post by Admin »

Ever hear about the Gradient Gives Back charity type program? Maybe it can help you are your children. Read more on Gradient Gives Back. The program can help pay for housing expenses, and they also offer information on various federal and local government assistance programs, and can help you apply too. The agency coordinates with non-profits and other agencies across the nation.
BrianMac wrote:I am a single parent 14yr old daughter and 7yr old son. my car was impounded last month this made difficult to make it to work i. lost my job and facing eviction at this point. my children and I were homeless for a year prior to getting this apartment.I pray that I don't put them through that situation again. Both of them are great students .I know they deserve better.I welcome any advice o and information that can help me prevent becoming homeless again. I am in desperate need of help to pay my rent. I lost my job last month and cannot apply for unemployment until next month. My boyfriend is an insulin dependent diabetic and since we have no insurance we are paying out of pocket for everything($$$$$). We are good people, not afraid to work hard. we just hit a bad spot and we need some help. Thank You
Future

Post by Future »

I'm a 55 year old single mother with a twelve year old son and a three year old daughter. All my life I have provided for him and her. Work night and day and put him through school and try to provide him with a family and a safe and loving home. My mistake not wanting to see him cry and help my old parents until the end. My husband is an alcoholic and addict whom I saved his life over and over. Throughout the twenty years that we were together I worked and out him through what it seems an eternity of rehab centers and medication to stopped him from his drug abuse. My son always begged me not to ask him to leave and to not see him cried I always agreed when I should have never done because now we are both crying and in a lot of trouble. My second mistake was to agree to move in with his mother who supposedly suffered from dementia and that now I don't believe is true at all and if It is I have suffered at her hand more than I have ever suffered in my entire life which is to say a lot. I took care of my mother until the end with dementia at first and brain cancer later on, but she died with me at my house through in house hospice care. I kept her with me until the end.

I moved with my mother in law a about three years ago. We left for a period of time but went back. She has hit me, scratch me because we wanted to eat food that I had thrown away because they had mold. She has verbally abused my son and my husband refuse to get a job for over a year and started drinking again. Five months ago I had a little money saved up and was working nights delivering papers to feed and pay the utilities in the house such as light, water and medications. She would go to the bank withdraw her money and later would say that she didn't know we're she put it or that she didn't remember going at all. She wasn't supposed to drive and there was no way to stopped her because she would hide her car keys.

Little by little all the money I had went away because my son needed medical attention and I had no health insurance. To make matters worst three weeks ago I was thrown out on the street by her with my son and daughter and only what ever money I had left. I lost my job since I could not pay for a motel and food for my son and baby girl. As of tomorrow me and my son and daughter are going to be on the streets. We don't have the money to pay for anything else any more. I need a little help. I have never been on this position before. I just want to die and maybe I can give my family a little bit of a chance at some type of life and maybe happiness. I have tried to get help and it sadness me that I can get any type of help.
I don't know what to do anymore. I just need to find a job but without gas money and rent money or food, I won't be able to do nothing.

You probably get e mails like this all the time. I don't drink or do drugs. All my life I have helped anyone who needed help and now I can't find help for me when I needed the most. Charitable organizations sound good when you read them but there is no help. Shelters provide only beds, but what can I do when there is no job waiting for me and if I become homeless I know that no one will give me a job. My son is paying for my mistakes. I love my kids to death. I raised them good. They are both straight a student that has never been involved in any problems or situations in schools or with anyone else. I probably wont here from you, but all I can do is cries and wish I was dead for real which is what I'm already, because I know I'm going to loose him too. I pray to god if he is there to help me and forgive me if I did anything wrong in life. Maybe believing in the good of people. Thanks for any help you can give me, if you can. Pray for me if you can't, because I need it.
Thanks,
Garnier

Post by Garnier »

Hello,
I am reaching out today to see if I may qualify for assistance in a couple areas. I am under a Protective Order within St. Clair Co. IL. issued yesterday for 4 months. I am the petitioner. In said order I was awarded sole possession of my apartment until June 27th and the other tenant (respondent) was awarded sole possession commencing June 28th. I had intentions to move anyhow as I have gave my landlord a written 30 day notice. However my intentions were to move to St. Louis MO with my mother to try and get back on my feet as I was falling behind on my bills and am a single parent.
That was not an issue until yesterday wherein the judge informed and ordered that I not remove my children from the state of Illinois. So now I have be out of my apartment and secure a residence for me & my 2 children by June 27th within IL. I have no friend or family in IL that I can stay with. I am checking into a couple of places but my issue is I only have $100 dollars in my bank account. I have no means of a deposit & first months rent, which most places require. I do work full time but I have exhausted my funds with bills and food, etc. I do not get paid again till the last day of the month. I am paid twice a month the 15th and last day of month. I gross 30,196 a year.
I was only able to pay just over half my rent this month and still owe $300, which 2 properties I am checking into are managed by the same owner. I imagine they are going to ask for that as well as any other deposit/first month rent for a new lease agreement. I cannot get any of my deposit at this time because the other tenant(respondent) is not vacating the premises or have any plans to vacate that I am aware of after his awarded time commences per the Order of Protection.
I could not pay my $217 electric bill due June 9th. I had a payment arrangement and now owe $317 to prevent disconnection June 26th (notice received). Again until yesterday this was not that big of an issue as I thought I was moving somewhere with established electricity. Now that I have to secure a new residence I don't believe I will be able obtain electric service without paying any money currently due and past-due.
I am in a desperate situation and I do not have much time for action and honestly I don't know where to turn or if I even will qualify for any sort of assistance with either issue or both. Any information or assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have one directory type page that lists many programs for single moms. There are charities and government programs for them. Note that most are focused on the kids, as the government always wants to address their needs. So find information on [url=httlp://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/get_he ... _moms.html]programs to help single monthers[/url] with everything from rent to finding full time work. There is even case management for those payment plans you say you need.
Santa

Post by Santa »

I'm a single parent. I have 4 children. If someone could please give me an email back or call let me know how I can apply for this assistance with my rent and food. Or can send me an email back as soon as possible. Please thank you and have a blessed day.