Help paying off end of car loan

State and local government assistance programs.
gitana621
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying off end of car loan

Post by gitana621 »

Hi,

I posted in another forum too but wanted to post here, as well.

I have had a car loan, during most of it I was unemployed. I temped as much as I could while collecting unemployment in the gaps. I went over 99weeks of unemployment so it was ended a few months ago. I haven't paid any bills except rent, car, car ins, and cell phone. That alone is stressing me out. Yesteray I get a call from Toyota saying that I am behind one payment and owe $1300 of interest on extensions I had while unemployed earlier in the loan. I thought I could just pay them monthly due to my situation. I always pay them every month but they refuse to work with me. They sai dI have until June 26th to pay off the $1300 and change of interest or else they can reposess the car. I spoke to someone a few days ago that said they won't reposess it for such little owed at the end of a loan, but this guy said they could and likely would as a tactic to "force" me to pay. Its not like I dont' want to pay. I'm unable. I just got a part time job that pays $285 a week. Nothing, really. It should go fulltime if my trial works out in Sept. But I don't have that long. My part time job just pays the rent. I have nowhere else to go and noone to help me. My father used to help me but he died a few months ago. I have been using the money he left me to live since my unemployment stopped. I have not found many temp jobs this year, further draining my living savings. I dont' have enough in my savings to pay the car. I'm down to very little money. But all this came out of the blue. I really thought Toyota would work with me as long as I paid them every month. I was going to. I barely eat any thing anymore, have no cable, mooch off of someone's wifi for internet and dont' go out w/ my friends or anything. All I do is work my part time job, apply for more jobs and sit home and worry that I'm gonna lose everything I have worked so hard for. I had a great job before this. I lived a comfortable life. I have no kids and social services won't help me. I've tried. If they take my car, I can't get to my part time job, that means I will run out of money and won't be able to pay rent. And Ill be on the streets. It can all happen so fast if I lose my car. I have worked so hard and am physically exhausted and I can't catch a break. I just need to keep this car. If Toyota would just work with me, I'd be able to do it in time, but they won't. Is there anywhere that a 31yr old single female w/ no kids can get any kind of help? I don't care about food stamps. I can go without. I know I don't qualify for welfare or general assistance. You have to make less than $140 a month as a single person. Already researched. I just need this car paid so then I can focus on rebuilding my life.

If there are any companies involved in charities that you know of, please let me know. I'll even work for them to repay them! I just can't lose this car.

Thanks for understanding, and my sympathy goes out to all others who are going through this too. I know how hard and stressful it is.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help paying off end of car loan

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you are doing many of the right things in what you are paying vs what tried to put off. I think a couple options for you. One is look into a non-profit credit counseling agency. A listing of locations are here. They cover the entire nation, no matter where you live. Almost all services they offer are free of charge.
You may also want to look into refinancing your auto loan. It is free to get a quote. Not sure what your credit scores will be after these difficult times, but I think worthwhile to look into. Once you go to the main site of needhelppayingbills, go to the left navigation bar. Select the Other Bills button, then auto loan refinance to learn more. Once again, quote to do these are free.
gitana621 wrote:Hi,

I posted in another forum too but wanted to post here, as well.

I have had a car loan, during most of it I was unemployed. I temped as much as I could while collecting unemployment in the gaps. I went over 99weeks of unemployment so it was ended a few months ago. I haven't paid any bills except rent, car, car ins, and cell phone. That alone is stressing me out. Yesteray I get a call from Toyota saying that I am behind one payment and owe $1300 of interest on extensions I had while unemployed earlier in the loan. I thought I could just pay them monthly due to my situation. I always pay them every month but they refuse to work with me. They sai dI have until June 26th to pay off the $1300 and change of interest or else they can reposess the car. I spoke to someone a few days ago that said they won't reposess it for such little owed at the end of a loan, but this guy said they could and likely would as a tactic to "force" me to pay. Its not like I dont' want to pay. I'm unable. I just got a part time job that pays $285 a week. Nothing, really. It should go fulltime if my trial works out in Sept. But I don't have that long. My part time job just pays the rent. I have nowhere else to go and noone to help me. My father used to help me but he died a few months ago. I have been using the money he left me to live since my unemployment stopped. I have not found many temp jobs this year, further draining my living savings. I dont' have enough in my savings to pay the car. I'm down to very little money. But all this came out of the blue. I really thought Toyota would work with me as long as I paid them every month. I was going to. I barely eat any thing anymore, have no cable, mooch off of someone's wifi for internet and dont' go out w/ my friends or anything. All I do is work my part time job, apply for more jobs and sit home and worry that I'm gonna lose everything I have worked so hard for. I had a great job before this. I lived a comfortable life. I have no kids and social services won't help me. I've tried. If they take my car, I can't get to my part time job, that means I will run out of money and won't be able to pay rent. And Ill be on the streets. It can all happen so fast if I lose my car. I have worked so hard and am physically exhausted and I can't catch a break. I just need to keep this car. If Toyota would just work with me, I'd be able to do it in time, but they won't. Is there anywhere that a 31yr old single female w/ no kids can get any kind of help? I don't care about food stamps. I can go without. I know I don't qualify for welfare or general assistance. You have to make less than $140 a month as a single person. Already researched. I just need this car paid so then I can focus on rebuilding my life.

If there are any companies involved in charities that you know of, please let me know. I'll even work for them to repay them! I just can't lose this car.

Thanks for understanding, and my sympathy goes out to all others who are going through this too. I know how hard and stressful it is.
Boutique

Post by Boutique »

I am currently working a full time job and constantly picking up extra hours just to make it to the next check. I have employed at my current job for going on 6 years and my wages are $10.45 hour. Late last year my vehicle fees on me and I had to finance a car using a new loan.
While I Was Able to get a wonderful rate on the car loan it added more debt to my already stretched economy. I had a wonderful situation at work where I was able to make the income I needed, but it was all over time and inevitably they came to an end. I live alone and at times find myself having to borrow money just to stay current, and I need to pay off this loan until the end.
Combs

Post by Combs »

I just recently lost my job and car and I and my wife are going to be homeless tomorrow. We already stay in an extended stay motel and our weekly rent is due tomorrow. We have no time to figure anything out, much less the car loan. I was just wondering if there was any place that could pay our rent or car loan for one week which is $241 to give us more time to figure out what we are going to do or go. We are IN Birmingham Alabama and don’t know where to turn and as of right now our only option is the streets. PLEASE help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since it is both a car loan and housing, try a free credit counseling agency. As you need advise for multiple challenges. Car loan help is rare, but maybe look into refinancing it. And housing programs may be low cost loans, etc.
Shameka

Post by Shameka »

We are a family that lost home and car. We are staying with some friends that are letting us rent a room for me and my six kids for 300.00 a month all bills payed. I have been looking for a job and a car and no luck yet, we just need someone to help us pay the rent so they will not put me and my six kids out in the streets. We have been asking for help went to churches and they don't help with paying rent. We are trying to get a Way to Work car too/ Can someone please help us so we will not get put out, we don't have anywhere else we are victims of family violence.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are ways to get out of a car loan. It is a hardship program using credit counseling and other services. it is not easy, but it is an option when in a crisis.
Shameka wrote:We are a family that lost home and car. We are trying to get a Way to Work car too/ Can someone please help us so we will not get put out, we don't have anywhere else we are victims of family violence.