Daycare expenses

State and local government assistance programs.
Loiut1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Daycare expenses

Post by Loiut1 »

What is the income range you need to be within to receive help paying for daycare expenses? I work full time and my fiance works part time, but we live with our parents with our 7 month old and I would like more information on the daycare/childcare programs. We can't be in the future paying most of our income towards daycare bills, so trying to figure out next steps. Thanks for your help!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Daycare expenses

Post by Admin »

The income range will really vary by state and even by agency. Some government assistance programs exist that can even offer free care if you need the child care for looking for a job or some similar type of reason. Also look into tax credits as well as the so called Flexible-Spending Account, and employer discounts. Find an extensive listing of ways to get help with child care bills. It is important for these programs so people can go to work and their entire income does not go towards paying day care.
Dannyd

Post by Dannyd »

I am a single mother of a 3yr old girl who has JRA (juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis) between the bills added up I haven't been able to pay this months rent or daycare bill I owe 450.00 in day care and 850 in rent. I also had to plea with the mansfield electric company to not shut off the electric bill. I had to give them my last 200 and till have to pay them an extra 100 a month plus that months what is owed. They are very rude and mean to me. For food I go to the local food pantry. I buy only whats on sale and in my budget. Is there any grant or anything or anyone that can help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We at needhelppayingbills do not provide cash or grants. We only offer information on charities, non-profits, government programs, etc. There are definitely places you can call in El Centro California. A comprehensive listing of Imperial County assistance programs can be found here. Rent and some of the other aid you need may be provided by places like Neighborhood House of Calexico, Inc., which offers emergency assistance and referrals, among other support.
Dannyd wrote:I am a single mother of a 3yr old girl who has JRA (juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis) between the bills added up I haven't been able to pay this months rent or daycare bill I owe 450.00 in day care and 850 in rent. I also had to plea with the mansfield electric company to not shut off the electric bill. I had to give them my last 200 and till have to pay them an extra 100 a month plus that months what is owed. They are very rude and mean to me. For food I go to the local food pantry. I buy only whats on sale and in my budget. Is there any grant or anything or anyone that can help me.
ohnathan

Post by ohnathan »

I would like to find out about daycare assistance in my area. I'm located in the Pasadena/ Houston area. I do not have a job at the moment, but am attempting the best I can to look. I have two small children, but no one to look after them while I job hunt. I also have a car, but it's not in working condition at the moment. I would like to find out about assistance I may be able to get with that as well. I can be reached by email. Thank you.
Sarisk

Post by Sarisk »

Mom of two, husband recently abandoned us, house is in foreclosure, and left will all the bills and lack of daycare. I cannot afford and very little on hand cash. He took all money from our bank account.
My children now need clothes and supplies for school as well. I need to pay the daycare costs too. I only work part time and can barely afford gas to get to work. The only help I've got is SNAP, which I applied for yesterday. I'm aware I may need to move but can't afford rent, deposits, etc. and am eyeing to find more work but alone with two small children makes it difficult.
Lady Leaving

Post by Lady Leaving »

I am a single mom of two boys. I only receive food stamps and medical assistance. Recently my daycare assistance was cut and I was forced to look elsewhere. I now pay for daycare along with my own rent so I no longer can afford my car and need to rely on public transportation.
I recently went down to my local social services office and applied for temporary TANF assistance but was denied. My rent will be increased in the next month or two and between that and my daycare I pay is more than I actually bring home a month. They are going by my gross and multiplying it to make a budget.
I either need help with rent or daycare. I have nothing else to give. My rent is only going to be $1250 a month which is the normal rate for an apartment these days as everything included. Not to mention my apartment is two blocks away from my job which is excellent consider I don’t have a vehicle. Please help me or please refer me somewhere that can. Thank you so much in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is good you realize that if you get money for your rent that will free up your income for child care. Sadly, some people do not think that way. But you must be working since you are taking a bus to work. So then you may qualify for a free daycare program.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
The government offers support in every state for people that are working and on a low income. You seem to be a perfect candidate. But some parts of the country do have waiting lists...but try your area.
Lady Leaving wrote:I am a single mom of two boys. I only receive food stamps and medical assistance. Recently my daycare assistance was cut and I was forced to look elsewhere. I now pay for daycare along with my own rent so I no longer can afford my car and need to rely on public transportation.
Islander

Post by Islander »

Hi, my mom moved my fiancé son and me to Greenville. Told us she would help us get on our feet. We have just found good jobs now her husband wants us out and we haven't had time to save what it cost to move out here and I can't work because we can't afford daycare yet and our time limit is quickly running out. I don't know what to do I don't want to be homeless with a two year old. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Greenville South Carolina? If that is so then there are some government programs for you. Find them here under South Carolina child care assistance. The voucher can help pay the daycare bill while you and your husband are working those new, good jobs.
Islander wrote:Hi, my mom moved my fiancé son and me to Greenville. We have just found good jobs now her husband wants us out and we haven't had time to save what it cost to move out here and I can't work because we can't afford daycare yet and our time limit is quickly running out.