SSI not enough for paying bills and debts

State and local government assistance programs.
GeorgeDep
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

SSI not enough for paying bills and debts

Post by GeorgeDep »

I am 56 years old my mom brother and his 2 kids all live together. My brother has heart seizures i am trying to get a job with no luck.We have no one to help us we get food stamps THANK GOD.I don't know what to do please help us we have no place to go. Mom is on ssi she gets 674.00 a month. i am in need of help to pay my rent, utility bills and credit card debts. I am a single mom of 3 babys i work but dont make a whole lot of money. it just me and my kids ... its so hard to pay all the bills with a 250$ hop you can help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI not enough for paying bills and debts

Post by Admin »

How did you run up credit card debts on SSI and that income? What is your interest rate? Regardless, look into some of the debt settlement programs. I think if you get rid, or reduce, that high interest rate credit card debt, that will free up some of your cash flow to pay for food, rent, energy bills, and those other expenses and items you refer to. The bottom line is that there is no easy answer, and it will take a lot of hard work. Before you sign up for a debt settlement firm, be sure to read the fine print of any contract. They should not be able to charge an upfront fee, so be aware and cautious of what you sign up for. But they can be effective.
GeorgeDep wrote:I am 56 years old my mom brother and his 2 kids all live together. My brother has heart seizures i am trying to get a job with no luck.We have no one to help us we get food stamps THANK GOD.I don't know what to do please help us we have no place to go. Mom is on ssi she gets 674.00 a month. i am in need of help to pay my rent, utility bills and credit card debts. I am a single mom of 3 babys i work but dont make a whole lot of money. it just me and my kids ... its so hard to pay all the bills with a 250$ hop you can help me.
JohnsonC

Post by JohnsonC »

My job close down August 17, 2013. I been looking for another job but have no luck with it. I getting unemployment but its only $213 a week. I am now on SSI disability too. My rent is $775 a month. I have a five year old daughter and I a single mom. It been so how hard these past two month try pay all my bills with only $852 when my rent is $775, light bill $114 and etc. I just need a little assistance for now while I not working. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several programs in Indiana for the disabled, in addition to SSDI. Some of them can include vocational training or job placement too. Does the SSI, when combined with unemployment, cover those bills? You may also need to look for a cheaper apartment. But find more details on the assistance for those with a disability in Indiana, click here.
Candiotti

Post by Candiotti »

Hello. I ran across your website while looking for ways to get out of the position I'm in. I am a single mom of 4, ages 2 through 12. I work full time in the restaurant industry, part time serving, and any various jobs and I still cannot make ends meet. One child gets money from SSI as well. I have a constant overwhelmed sick feeling and see no light at the end of the tunnel in sight
I could really use your assistance with any resources or ANYTHING that you know of. I live in GA but am 30 minutes from Chattanooga, TN. My phone will be disconnected tonight so if you could contact my mom. I would appreciate it so much.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

My husband recently suffered two strokes which left him paralyzed on his left side and is now on SSI disability. He has been in New York City health care for over a month now, our lease is up in March, due to his stay the majority of his disability check, if not all will be going to the facility for his care. I currently receive disability myself, but its not enough to move into a new place. We are both elderly people and we desperately need assistance at this time. I have applied for Medicare and Medicaid for him, but he has not received it yet. He was the head of household, but now I'm left to care for all our needs.
Hickory

Post by Hickory »

Hi. I'm contacting you today because my family really needs help. My mother is very sick and on SSI... she has breast cancer. It's very bad she is constantly in pain because she has this big hole in her chest. And she won't stop working because she says she has bills to pay. My mother needs to be worrying about staying alive and getting better, not working herself to death. So please we really need your help. Any information about getting help with our bills from SSI or other ways will be helpful and appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

SSI was never intended to help pay an entire bill that a family has. Even for cancer patients....as sad as that may seem. There is only a limited amount of money in the SSI fund, as government tax dollars pay for it. Some maybe combine disability with various breast cancer assistance programs, as noted here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Patricia12

Post by Patricia12 »

I am a single mother of 4. My income consists of SSI for me and my kids. I am behind on everything and today my electric was shut off. I have no family to turn to, there are no public resources available in my area, I don’t have anyone to turn to I am begging for help.
My Electric is $724 To turn it back on. I’m facing foreclosure on my house and I can't get refinanced because the lender I went thru to get my house lied to me and my house is not as it was suppose to be. So no one will help me keep my house and I have had to make repairs because the seller also did not honor the 1 year warranty that was suppose to be either.
I am buried in debt and losing everything. My kids are my main concern. My oldest son has Autism, Epilepsy and a heart condition. And my oldest daughter has Cerebral Palsy. This is our home and I’m doing the best I can, I just need some help please. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have your kids applied to disability as well in Tennessee. The social security administration will give them financial aid too sine they have Epilepsy, heart conditions, etc. That extra cash from SSI may help you with the bills you have, including the mortgage to stop the foreclosure. But you will need to drastically change your lifestyle as SSI is very limited in Tennessee. You may need to sell the house, live with family, etc. But here are some suggestions. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... fit_p.html
Mander56

Post by Mander56 »

Hello! My son is 22 years old living in Texas, has SSI & on his own for the 1st time. He was on SSI a while back until he failed to return a recent form & so he just never tried for it again. Anyway, he's always had trouble with living a normal, stable life. His mind doesn't match his age, it's like his mind is like a 15 year old boy.
I am living in Pennsylvania & all I can do is try & find some kind of help for him for his bills. He does work & has his own apartment but he doesn't know how to budget, we've tried to help him. He's alone & depressed. He has no friends. The car he has is about to fall apart & if this happens, he cannot come up with the money to fix it to get to work. And he can't go more into debt.
He's in desperate need of dental & medical help but he's only a temp at his job. He has no food right now. He needs some kind of help, government or state or volunteers, etc. to help him just navigate life. I can't help him financially as I am disabled & barely manage myself. Any suggestions for all of this would be greatly appreciated.