Government food programs

State and local government assistance programs.
dab1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government food programs

Post by dab1 »

I looking for help with paying my utility bills. I was receiving food stamps from the state and feds and they told me I was no longer eligiable. Somehow the benefits ran out, but not sure how. They said my income was to much. No i am having to choose between feeding my children or paying for my electric and water. How can they penalize me for time and having some income. If there is any way I can get some help please let me know. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government food programs

Post by Admin »

I am sorry. So are you looking for rent help or food assistance from the government? Not sure based upon your request. The government does offer some food assistance, such as food stamps, TANF, and more. However the best place to go to for help may include free food banks, pantries, and the like. These can help people of all income levels. Whether you are poor, or whether you are just going through a difficult period. Income limits are not as important from the food banks and pantries. Learn more here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html
dab1 wrote:I looking for help with paying my utility bills. I was receiving food stamps from the state and feds and they told me I was no longer eligiable. Somehow the benefits ran out, but not sure how. They said my income was to much. No i am having to choose between feeding my children or paying for my electric and water. How can they penalize me for time and having some income. If there is any way I can get some help please let me know. Thank you!
HomerDer

Post by HomerDer »

i'm struggling trying to find work but i can't get hired any were because i don't have my identification cards,like my id or ss card, or my resedeance card cause it got stolen in 2/16 or 2/25/10 and no one can help me out. And I have 4 kids that i need to support and i can't buy them what they need and their dad stop paying child suport because he's unemployed. And i'm under government housing and not recieving foodstamps but I am getting medicaid for my kids. But i want to give my kids more but i find myself in a dead end street i need help. I want a better fututer for me and my kids can some one please help me please. maybe food for them as my baby is hungry, and any other help too.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

OK. There is an extensive listing of places to turn to for food from the government and other non-profits, charities, and other organizations. Options like food stamps, TANF, SNAP, WIC, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. Not to mention thousands of local food banks and pantries in all communities and towns around the nation, some run by Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or your local community action agency. Find food assistance programs that you can turn to for aid and other support and resources.

HomerDer wrote:i'm struggling trying to find work but i can't get hired any were because i don't have my identification cards,like my id or ss card, or my resedeance card cause it got stolen in 2/16 or 2/25/10 and no one can help me out. And I have 4 kids that i need to support and i can't buy them what they need and their dad stop paying child suport because he's unemployed. And i'm under government housing and not recieving foodstamps but I am getting medicaid for my kids. But i want to give my kids more but i find myself in a dead end street i need help. I want a better fututer for me and my kids can some one please help me please. maybe food for them as my baby is hungry, and any other help too.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Im a college students and im going thru a really bad time, i live with my mother, we are unemployed at this moment and we can't pay our rent at this time.We are 3 months behind and i feel desperate because we dont know where to go, we dont even have money to eat.... i take the bus everyday to go to school, but i believed everybody is noticing that something it's happening to me because i guess you can see it in my eyes that something it's not right, we just got the only cell phone in the house disconnected and i havent sleep in days.....Please its there something you can do to help me send me and email, im desperate at this point.Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

first thing first is to take care of the food issue. You need a meal to keep spirits up, get energy going, and make it through day. After that, work on other tasks and activities. Find free food banks. you didn't mention your state, so select it from the link on that page. We have thousands of agencies, charities, churches, and other places listed that provide food, groceries, counseling, and other forms of help during difficult times. They probably even know about rental assistance programs and options for you.
Paula wrote:Im a college students and im going thru a really bad time, i live with my mother, we are unemployed at this moment and we can't pay our rent at this time.We are 3 months behind and i feel desperate because we dont know where to go, we dont even have money to eat.... i take the bus everyday to go to school, but i believed everybody is noticing that something it's happening to me because i guess you can see it in my eyes that something it's not right, we just got the only cell phone in the house disconnected and i havent sleep in days.....Please its there something you can do to help me send me and email, im desperate at this point.Thank you
Groupon

Post by Groupon »

I am actually inquiring for my mother-in-law who lives in Ohio. She just lost her husband to a tragic suicide. They were together for 18 years, and he left her in debt. She's overwhelmed, and needs help with the bills, buy food, until she can pull herself together. If someone cold get back to me I will be more than happy to let her know what she needs to do or if she can contact you via phone call... that would be even better. She doesn't have a computer or an email address but I will help her. Thank you, for your attention to this matter, and I hope to speak with you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

WE do not take phone call here at needhelppayingbills. All communication needs to be via email. The first thing your mom needs is food. Without food nothing else matters. So to meet that need, find out listing of food assistance programs. We have notes on many options such as SNAP, TANF, pantries from the Salvation Army, and a host of other government and private food banks and organizations to call for free food and meals.
Groupon wrote:I am actually inquiring for my mother-in-law who lives in Ohio. She just lost her husband to a tragic suicide. They were together for 18 years, and he left her in debt. She's overwhelmed, and needs help with the bills, buy food, until she can pull herself together. If someone cold get back to me I will be more than happy to let her know what she needs to do or if she can contact you via phone call... that would be even better. She doesn't have a computer or an email address but I will help her. Thank you, for your attention to this matter, and I hope to speak with you soon.
Dirkn

Post by Dirkn »

My county of residence doesn't offer much food stamps, one light bill per year. I am wondering if their is any kind of assistance that I can get with emergency food for one. I live in Haines city, Florida at my Dad's for the time. He nor his girlfriend work and there is no food in the house. I have run out of money for food and gas to find a job. I used everything up when I moved back here. I just got insurance and title changed to my name on my truck that I got from my Dad since he cant drive cause he cannot afford to pay fines to get his license. The truck is running terrible and burns a lot of gas I just used the last of my monies to buy parts for tune up which dint solve the issue. I am out of money for gas to find a job and I am going to bed hungry and didn't find food banks here in the area on the internet. Is there any assistance out there to help me until i get a job? Or even is there any help to get a job? Please advise. If you can possibly call me would be better because I cannot get to internet often. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Every county and city is required by federal law to offer food stamps. So something is not right there. Now you will need to be income qualified of course, so that is another issue. If you do need emergency food, try a church in Palm Beach Florida, a food pantry, or some other charity. It will also take time for your food stamp application to be processed too. Maybe these churches and food banks will have ideas and suggestion for your car repairs, and some may also have free gasoline vouchers too. Learn more on the various Palm Beach Florida programs.
Dirkn wrote:My county of residence doesn't offer much food stamps, one light bill per year. I am wondering if their is any kind of assistance that I can get with emergency food for one. I live in Haines city, Florida at my Dad's for the time. He nor his girlfriend work and there is no food in the house. I have run out of money for food and gas to find a job. I used everything up when I moved back here. I just got insurance and title changed to my name on my truck that I got from my Dad since he cant drive cause he cannot afford to pay fines to get his license. The truck is running terrible and burns a lot of gas I just used the last of my monies to buy parts for tune up which dint solve the issue. I am out of money for gas to find a job and I am going to bed hungry and didn't find food banks here in the area on the internet. Is there any assistance out there to help me until i get a job? Or even is there any help to get a job? Please advise. If you can possibly call me would be better because I cannot get to internet often. Thanks
Jackpot

Post by Jackpot »

I have 3 children 10, 7, and 2 and we currently have no food to eat. We are waiting for food stamps approval. We are allowed to stay at this house in Madison Wisconsin until August for $200 per month, but need to have a deposit of $750 by August 31 2012. I have a job interview coming up, but it still won't be in a timely manor to get a paycheck for deposit, and rent. Plus what do we do for food until then. I really could use the help for the deposit or both cause at the rate were going we are hungry and the kids are needing so much that its hard to provide. Just a need a boost to get on the right track. Thanks!
jerebty

Post by jerebty »

I am looking for an organization to help with food for my 2 kids and myself. I work and receive food stamps. Recently my benefits were cut almost 200 dollars because they said I made 100 dollars more in my reporting month. I don't understand how that could be since my hours have been cut due to lack of customers where I work. I thought I was making less money, not more. Anyway, we have been running out of food the last two weeks during the past couple months. I don't know where to turn. I don't care about myself but I hate seeing my kids go hungry. Is there an organization in Tulare county that can help us with food? Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Tulare is in California, and we have literally hundreds of pantries and food banks listed for that state. Note that food stamps are being cut back this year, and you will see a reduction in the amount provided to you. So that may make the situation even more difficult. Sorry, we don't like saying that but it is the truth. Anyway, find free groceries, meals, and more. Locate the non-profits that run free or low cost food banks and pantries in California.
Mary B W

Post by Mary B W »

I'm needing help with food. There is five of us in the home. I work but only part time my mothers been very sick and in hospital. She recently had to be given 3 pints of blood and things have really been hard. Am just in the need of food box. I'm currently 400 past due in rent but landlords working with me on that.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

I just moved to El Paso Texas 10 days ago. My family has 5 people. My husband was 45 years old, is disabled and lost an arm. There is an inability to earn money. I worked alone through lower wage jobs and not enough income for family expenses. Government agencies guide me for food stamps and insurance.
Before when I was in college, I was in the city and also applying for food stamps. I do not know much English, but I need serious help. Sincerely.