Looking for a fresh start

State and local government assistance programs.
kaiart
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for a fresh start

Post by kaiart »

I am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. 7 months ago I terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and still fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I just received a notice today stating that I owe $1200.00 by Saturday 4-30-2011 to prevent padlocking of my apartment. $4000 would be enough to cover this and all of my bills I have tried all of the other lenders but my credit was not acceptable. Or if that does not work I can use a room to rent I do have enough money for that. I was in the process of being a customer service rep job from home, but a death in the family prevented that from taking place and they would not allow me to finish training and I am still looking for stable work other than the work that I do from home. Yes, I am asking you for a loan. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help others do the same. i just need a second chance for me to get my life back on track. Any information on how I can qualify for help as I will pay it back and any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. I look forward to communicating with all of you soon.

Thanks for your time and God Bless

P.S. I recently went to Crisis and they already stated a month ago that they are out of funds.

P.S.S. I also need to know that once in NC they start filing papers, because I need time to move my stuff out and find another place, in legality how long would it take for me to receive papers to appear in or or for the sheriff to come after me. Thank you for your response
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for a fresh start

Post by Admin »

I can't provide a loan, but I can give you the phone numbers and information on places they may help you with your rent. Or finding a new home if you can't pay the rent. This provides phone numbers and information on many non-profits in the Charlotte North Carolina area. If you were terminated from job you should be able to file for unemployment without an issue. There are also some places in Mecklenburg County that can provide career counseling and job training.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mec ... ance_.html
kaiart wrote:I am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. 7 months ago I terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and still fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I just received a notice today stating that I owe $1200.00 by Saturday 4-30-2011 to prevent padlocking of my apartment. $4000 would be enough to cover this and all of my bills I have tried all of the other lenders but my credit was not acceptable. Or if that does not work I can use a room to rent I do have enough money for that. I was in the process of being a customer service rep job from home, but a death in the family prevented that from taking place and they would not allow me to finish training and I am still looking for stable work other than the work that I do from home. Yes, I am asking you for a loan. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help others do the same. i just need a second chance for me to get my life back on track. Any information on how I can qualify for help as I will pay it back and any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. I look forward to communicating with all of you soon.

Thanks for your time and God Bless

P.S. I recently went to Crisis and they already stated a month ago that they are out of funds.

P.S.S. I also need to know that once in NC they start filing papers, because I need time to move my stuff out and find another place, in legality how long would it take for me to receive papers to appear in or or for the sheriff to come after me. Thank you for your response
Francine

Post by Francine »

I live in Eunice Louisiana. I was employed for 20+ years with A local manufacturer. A couple of years ago I got layed off. I have been working whenever there is work on little jobs but nothing full time. I don't like to ask for help but this is the time I really need it. I'm about to loose everything I worked so hard for. The stress of not having a full time job is horrible. I lost weight. Its horrible. I have a house note. I'm a diabetic I had to drop my health insurance. I'm looking for work but I can't seem to find a job. If there is help out there please let me know. I would appreciate it .
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you applied for any government insurance since you are now uninsured? That may be an option, especially if diabetic and if need medications. As far as looking for jobs, the government also has many job training and employment services for the unemployed. Maybe explore those too. Click here for details on these on other Louisiana assistance programs and government aid.
Francine wrote:I live in Eunice Louisiana. I was employed for 20+ years with A local manufacturer. A couple of years ago I got layed off. I have been working whenever there is work on little jobs but nothing full time. I don't like to ask for help but this is the time I really need it. I'm about to loose everything I worked so hard for. The stress of not having a full time job is horrible. I lost weight. Its horrible. I have a house note. I'm a diabetic I had to drop my health insurance. I'm looking for work but I can't seem to find a job. If there is help out there please let me know. I would appreciate it .
Preetip

Post by Preetip »

I am 23. I am currently working a part time job raising my daughter alone. I do have a roommate to help but she only works part time as well. We live paycheck to paycheck , we often do not have money for food. I have been denied a bridge card as well as medicaid. Our lease is up in August on our apartment and we have to move. Its impossible to save any kind of money since both of our incomes goes to the bills. I do not know where to go for help. We are in desperate need. I just don’t know where to start. I’m sick of getting denied help when there are so many who abuse the system and get away with it. If you could help in any way, give me numbers or people to talk too, I would greatly appreciate it.
Midway

Post by Midway »

My boyfriend recently has had to make an emergency trip east due to the fact that his father is most likely going to die very soon, so he had to use our rent money for all his travel expenses and to help pay for some things in order to help his family down there.

I was expecting to have a job already, but the job I thought I'd have still hasn't hired me. I believe, because business has been slow so instead of an increase, there was a decrease in workforce. I have and continue seeking any kind of employment. I am even registered with 2 employment agencies, and am just waiting.

Our rent was due on the 15th and there is a grace period, which ended yesterday so now I am freaking out, do not know what else to do, where to go, or how else I can round up any money. My family doesn't have any to lend, and all the money that can be borrowed from friends has already been borrowed. Please help!

I am stressing and desperate. Plus, two days go my apartment manager left a 3 page letter/bill statement urging payment. We owe $610 for rent + 6.33 (balance of utilities due; they pay up $65 for utilities each month) + $250 (balance still due from the deposit to move in March 2014). We paid towards the deposit $100. So it's nearly $1,000 that we owe, like yesterday. Please, can you help us?!
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

I was in a abusive relationship. I moved from out of town down here. I have not gotten any help since I have been here me and my son. I am currently renting out a house without a stove and a friend. I have no way to wash our clothes and I have to wash our clothes by my hands. I now family I don't know anybody to were I can go for help. I just thank God that he wakes me up each and every single day.
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

Need help getting my life back on track again. Also, maybe help with a car and a house. July of 2013 I got talked into quitting my job and leaving everything behind and I moved to Tennessee because a guy talked me into moving in with him and getting married.
He lied and he was still married and he was a mean alcoholic and he started smoking pot. I lost everything I had. I am almost homeless, staying with whoever will let me. It was a guy I went to school with. Been out of school since 1995, I now know I shouldn't had done it. He lives in a very dirty house. I just want my life back. I was a prep cook and lived in Michigan. Please help me.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

I moved to Albany Georgia thinking I would have a job transferring from my home town that was not the case. I am currently living with my friend who does not get alone with my teenage boys. I need a place for me and my children because the house we live in now is divided. It will not stand. I sell life insurance making $200 a week and can't afford to leave. I need a little help.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hello, I am recently separated from my husband. I have 3 children and we are wanting to move to Richmond, TX from Shreveport, LA for a fresh start. I haven't had a job in 14 years. So I need to know what to do next, as in should I look for a job first then a rent home or should I be looking into getting the rent home first and then job. But in this process I know I’m gonna need help with deposits for the move and help with rent for a while. Is there any organizations or any type of funding out there for me? Thank you very much for your help and advice.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well that is in Fort Bend County. Yes, you should look for a job first...get an income. You should have a job even before you move, as what if your salary is not as high as you would like? But here are the assistance programs for you to try. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
Bernie wrote:Hello, I am recently separated from my husband. I have 3 children and we are wanting to move to Richmond, TX from Shreveport, LA for a fresh start. I haven't had a job in 14 years. So I need to know what to do next, as in should I look for a job first then a rent home or should I be looking into getting the rent home first and then job. But in this process I know I’m gonna need help with deposits for the move and help with rent for a while. Is there any organizations or any type of funding out there for me? Thank you very much for your help and advice.
lp141

Post by lp141 »

I hate asking for help but I’m in desperate need. I’m behind on a few bills and need help getting them caught up. I lost my Mother and Grandfather last year within 2 weeks of each other. It damaged me for a very long time. I was unable to work or carry out everyday task. But I am recovering I now have a job and I'm getting better but I'm behind on Bills and just want a fresh start for me and my children. Please help me or point me in the right direction. God bless Julie