I need Missouri assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
weinbergm95

I need Missouri assistance

Post by weinbergm95 »

what programs are there in Missouri to provide me help and assistance. anything for my house repairs that need to happen, or what can I do for help. Please help me. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need Missouri assistance

Post by Admin »

weinbergm95 wrote:what programs are there in Missouri to provide me help and assistance. anything for my house repairs that need to happen, or what can I do for help. Please help me. Thanks

There are many assistance programs and plans. Missouri Rx Plan (MoRx), a Missouri Child Care Assistance Program, and more.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
bobbiesumner

Struggling with bills in Missouri

Post by bobbiesumner »

I am struggling to pay bills and I also go to college full time. I have trash bills, water bills, and septic bills pileing up and I have no money to pay them and I don't know if I can even make my housepayments. I live in Missouri. Where can I go to get this type of help?
Bluecross

Post by Bluecross »

My 2 sons, youngest with downs syndrome an oldest with Aspergers syndrome and myself, their mom are struggling very badly. I cannot come up with the full amount of my rent or electric bill and I am suffering from sciatic pain and cannot find a new pain management doctor and my insurance is not taken by the doctor. I have gone to for almost 2 years as I have an extra disk in my back so I'm in pain and I have no childcare to work and we live solely on child support and it cannot get us through till the next month ever. Please help us or help guide me in what we can do? We do receive food stamps and medical benefits for Missouri DCFS but that is all. I am lost for what to do... thank you kindly for any information you can give me to survive w/ my children...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe you want to try a community action agency in Missouri if you need both rent and electric help. They can probably refer you to a doctor, advise on government insurance such as Obamacare and offer other advice and support too. Also, if you get help from Missouri DCFS, ask your case manager in St. Louis for maybe other government programs that you may qualify for. In the meantime, for the non-profit agencies, click here.
Elway J

Post by Elway J »

I did not ask for helping paying my bills. What I asked for was information on how I could get a donated/ free car as I can't take care of my basic needs, like getting groceries & doing laundry. My situation is desperate, because I live in a rural area 16 miles from the nearest town in Missouri. I'm running around in pants that are 2 sizes to big for me & I'm out of bread & milk, etc.
I also have pets that need to go to the vets. I have been forced to depend on un-scrupulous people who make me pay them over $20 to take me to town & back to get what I need. This forces me to be around people that I would never associate with ever!! I have called & contacted the resources in the state & county where I live, to no avail. The county where I live doesn't have the is financially broke & corrupt, & doesn't have the resources to help me. My situation is very stressful, depressing & has become detrimental to my mental health. I don't know how long I can continue on this way!! This is not living, this is slowly dying!! Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, asking for help with a vet and finding a car in Missouri in effect means you need financial help for the bills. So not sure why you would make that comment. But maybe there are some places to try. If you live in a rural town, maybe a volunteer from a charity can provide a ride, or services such as Agency on Aging. There are other programs in Missouri as well, as indicated here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Within two months my husband and I both lost our jobs in Kansas City Missouri. We actively searched for jobs in our field and even in fields we didn't know. During that time we started being an independent contractor for recycled automotive parts (pulling them from cars in our local you pick it lot and shipping them to customers who posted a living on the site Row 52).
This has put food on the table for our children (ages 3 and 5) but now we are facing utility shut off notices and eviction. We continue looking for ways to make ends meet daily but we need help and fast. Thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are assistance programs for Kansas City. They are focused on the unemployed (like you and husband) as well as emergency situations. No matter the case resources are out there around food, housing, and other needs.
Cardinals wrote:Within two months my husband and I both lost our jobs in Kansas City Missouri.