TANF

State and local government assistance programs.
dominick.james

TANF

Post by dominick.james »

How do I qualify for TANF. What is the income limits and how much can TANF give me. Can it help me find ajob as well
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

TANF criteria and limits

Post by Admin »

The TANF criteria and income limits vary by state. However, in genenral, families must be considered needy, as defined by the state they live in, but it does vary.
floridagirl

Re: TANF criteria and application

Post by floridagirl »

I found this resource which has info on TANF and elegibility and what people need to do to apply. http://www.spdp.org/tanf.htm
Trout

Re: TANF

Post by Trout »

Hi, I am in need of assistance with my rent, utilities and groceries? If you you can help or lead me in the proper direction for assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Northampton. Do they offer TANF here? I like my location, my apartment and just need some financial assistance? Can you help? Look forward to hearing from you. I
suffer severe chronic pain through my spine and entire right side of my body, pain is constant 24/7 . Thank you looking forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Where is that town or city? In general, TANF or public aid is offered in all states and counties. It can be a good idea to call a local social service or human services office in your county for information on it. In addition, the government aid can be used to pay those expenses you have listed, including rent, food, and utilities. So you should be covered. Get more details.
Muchado

Post by Muchado »

Hello-
Don't know if you can help me, or perhaps refer me to somebody that can? I lost my job in November 2012, searching for work about 20 hours a day as part of TANF work first (I worked Wall Street for many years, as an Administrative Assistant), hopefully some possibilities (praying). I am divorced and live with my 2 Daughters, youngest Bipolar (that in itself is a struggle). I've barely been making ends meet, but as Emergency Unemployment has expired and not yet (if it will be) renewed, I will not be able to pay February's rent, and very behind in Utilities.
As I have never asked for 'help' - proud American- always survived - I am beyond stressed and falling apart thinking I may become homeless (with my Daughters)...
Any suggestions - or if you can possibly help someone like myself- it would be greatly Appreciated...
Sincerely,
SandyAla

Post by SandyAla »

I need financial help. I have always worked bought my own home, vehicles and put myself through nursing school on my own raising 2 children. But now I've become ill and unable to work fighting for disability for 2 years. I used all my savings and retirement funds, and I only get money from TANF and that is it.
I receive child support but it does not cover bills. I now receive food stamps, am in bankruptcy and behind. I have nowhere to go when we loose our home I'm scared. I need $200 a month more from TANF, which is great but not enough for bills and accessories like soap, toothpaste and other needs. The constant struggle and stress is making my illness harder. Please pray for us to find a way.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$200 month more from TANF? Never happen. TANF cash aid only gives a few hundred to several per month total. Asking for $200 more is just unreasonable as the programs is very limited. Find more details though on TANF cash assistance.
SandyAla wrote:I need $200 a month more from TANF, which is great but not enough for bills and accessories like soap, toothpaste and other needs. The constant struggle and stress is making my illness harder. Please pray for us to find a way.
NikkiS

Post by NikkiS »

I am a single mother of a 4 and 9 year old. I am unemployed but actively looking for work. I go to college full time and my only income is TANF. I am in an unhealthy relationship and about to have nowhere for 2 kids and I to live. I reside in Bremerton, WA (Kitsap County). I am interested in rental assistance and more TANF cash aid from the government. Maybe help from resources such as the THOR program for me and my kids and transitional housing ASAP.
Flavor

Post by Flavor »

Thank you for this information. Do you provide assistance with rent? I am currently passed due with rent and I am not working at the moment. Anything helps! I have tried to call the state of Washington for assistance but they told me I need to be in the TANF program and I do not qualify because my husband supposedly makes enough for a 4 person household. But he is only making $10 an hour and it his second week in this new job. We don't even have enough money to provide clothes for our daughters sometimes. We only have about $40 cash. Please anything helps! I have tried to contact charities and churches for assistance but I have had no luck finding assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

there are a number of public and cash assistance programs in Washington, including but not limited to TANF. Generally TANF is a little bit of money (few hundred or so), so not enough in itself to pay the rent or bills. It is meant to encourage work, but provide help while the family gets a job or enters into training, etc.
Flavor wrote:Thank you for this information. Do you provide assistance with rent? I am currently passed due with rent and I am not working at the moment. Anything helps! I have tried to call the state of Washington for assistance but they told me I need to be in the TANF program
Hailey

Post by Hailey »

I'm curious to know how to apply for help from TANF. My electric is off in my home and I have 3 kids. I have made 1,000 dollars towards the bill but that still isn't enough to have it reconnected. Summer is coming very quickly and I'm very worried considering how hot it gets in our area. I just don't know what else to do and I do not want to ask any relatives for help. We haven't needed anyone's help in 8 years. We're just going through a tough time right now and TANF may help, and for some reason I've always had trouble with this electric company ripping me off. I started out with a little over a 3,000 dollar bill from them because I inherited my mobile home from my mother when my grandmother died they told me the only way to take care of that was to give them the name of the beneficiary (which was my mother) and they would be held financially responsible for the bill so obviously I felt that taking care of everything else on her own and dealing with her mother's death was enough for her to handle and I ultimately took responsibility for the bill and it's been a nightmare ever since.
Anyway I didn't mean to drag on. I just really need to be pointed in the right direction for TANF, unfortunately I just need some help this time I feel like a horrible person with my kids having to deal with the inconvenience of this situation. Normally if we're behind on bills and are stressed, we don't evolve or tell them at all and we normally end up resolving our situation but this time it was unavoidable. Thankfully when we restore our electric I have a good job waiting for me where someone is finally willing to work with me on the kind of hours I can work. I just need this paid so I can get my smaller more gas efficient truck back on the road. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you may know, when you apply for TANF welfare grants you also need to work. As it is a work based program for short term cash aid. So it can help you with the bills while you get a job for more money. But also beggars can't be choosers, and you say someone willing to work with you on hours....have fun with that as that is an entitled attitude...asking for certain hours when you can't even pay the bills.
Hailey wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:52 am Anyway I didn't mean to drag on. I just really need to be pointed in the right direction for TANF, unfortunately I just need some help this time I feel like a horrible person with my kids having to deal with the inconvenience of this situation. Normally if we're behind on bills and are stressed, we don't evolve or tell them at all and we normally end up resolving our situation but this time it was unavoidable. Thankfully when we restore our electric I have a good job waiting for me where someone is finally willing to work with me on the kind of hours I can work. I just need this paid so I can get my smaller more gas efficient truck back on the road. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.
March

Post by March »

I need help on my bill. My fiancé had lost his job and we are on TANF cash aid. We got behind rent and light and car note but one morning when my fiancé got up fix to take our daughter to school. The only car we had got repo but we was helping people when they need to go when we had the car. We take them when they need to go now. Nobody help us. My fiancé looking for a job but nothing yet. He is sad because he help people when he can, now he is down and nobody help him.