Looking for free food

State and local government assistance programs.
Tobb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for free food

Post by Tobb »

i am a recent heart transplant patient. I have been off work since dec 9 2009. I am on ssi i am to the point that all utilities are on on disconnect. I am having trouble keeping up with my mortgage. My cobra insurance will go from 190/month to 490/month due to the cobra subsidy only being good for 15 months. I take 21 different rx. My foodstamps only cover 2 weeks. I am on a strick cardiac and diabetic diet. I cant afford to buy the fresh food and fruits i need to
be eating. I am searching this web page and i am just going in circles. Please help
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for free food

Post by Admin »

Why are you going in circles on the site? Did you try the navigation bars on the left side?
For free food, use this resource. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html Just select your state.
As far as the medications and prescriptions, then use the navigation bar as well on the left margin. There are programs for free prescriptions and medications, from non-profits, national groups, and even pharmaceutical companies.
EdM

Post by EdM »

I have been out of work since Oct. 2010. As of yet, I have been unable to obtain a new job. My criminal background has seen to that. My wife is also currently seeking employment, to no avail. My family has used up my 401K. My family needs helps with food, but I am also unable to take care of rent or utilities. We have cell phones, but no home phone. Using wireless produced by the apartment complex.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, hopefully you will find a job soon. The job market is definitely picking up, but so many people still need work. Make sure you use a family plan for your cell phone.
As far as the food, look into programs such as Angel Food. It provides anyone, no matter income, food at about 50% off. Also look into food banks and pantries in your town. Call your local church and/or Salvation Army. Also be sure to call other non-profits, like a community action agency. Many places do give out food in today's day and age, which is a good thing. But you do need to keep calling around for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... eries.html

EdM wrote:I have been out of work since Oct. 2010. As of yet, I have been unable to obtain a new job. My criminal background has seen to that. My wife is also currently seeking employment, to no avail. My family has used up my 401K. My family needs helps with food, but I am also unable to take care of rent or utilities. We have cell phones, but no home phone. Using wireless produced by the apartment complex.
Tebowing

Post by Tebowing »

I have a disabled wife and i work for minimum wage. We hardly ever have any food in our house and rely on others to help a lot. I just found out that i have a severe back condition that requires neurosurgery which i can't afford. Our marriage suffers because of out financial problems which is sad because we were madly in love when we weren't struggling not to say we are not in love now, but we fight a lot and it has to do with money 90 percent of the time. I applied for food stamps and they gave us 41.00 a month and applied for medicaid and they never even gave me an answer. Anything u could do to help would be greatly appreciated. GOD BLESS
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

441 is not enough per month to live on. Look into food banks and pantries in Florida to supplement the food stamps. Millions of people receive help from food banks every year. A listing of the main places to call or stop by in Florida can be found here, at Florida food banks. Never be ashamed as indicated millions of people turn to these centers.
Tebowing wrote:I have a disabled wife and i work for minimum wage. We hardly ever have any food in our house and rely on others to help a lot. I just found out that i have a severe back condition that requires neurosurgery which i can't afford. Our marriage suffers because of out financial problems which is sad because we were madly in love when we weren't struggling not to say we are not in love now, but we fight a lot and it has to do with money 90 percent of the time. I applied for food stamps and they gave us 41.00 a month and applied for medicaid and they never even gave me an answer. Anything u could do to help would be greatly appreciated. GOD BLESS
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I am a single mom that just got my apt. My son was working and was suppose to help me out with rent and just lost his job..Now it is going to be difficult for me until he finds a job my rent is $1000 i only make 380 a week leaving with only bout 190 when i pay rent the following month and i still need to get food do not have a refrigerator and rite now me and my kids are sleeping on the floor. I have no kind of help with anyone its clothes, us in apt..We lost everything a couple of yrs ago in a fire ever since things are not good for us. I lost my apt and things last yr when i lost my job took me 8 months to find one i had to separate from my kids all of us staying in different places. I just want to be able for once keep a apt and have what i need for me and my kids been looking for a part time but not easy. Been in my job 5 months
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try going to your local food pantries. They will have not only groceries, but probably also clothing, maybe appliances like a refrigerator, and also importantly just general guidance and support for you. The government also has a number of food assistance programs too, like WIC, SNAP food stamps, and school lunch programs. You can find information on those options here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/foo ... grams.html The good news is that free food tends to be easier to get then say cash for paying bills.
Vincent wrote:I am a single mom that just got my apt. My son was working and was suppose to help me out with rent and just lost his job..Now it is going to be difficult for me until he finds a job my rent is $1000 i only make 380 a week leaving with only bout 190 when i pay rent the following month and i still need to get food do not have a refrigerator and rite now me and my kids are sleeping on the floor. I have no kind of help with anyone its clothes, us in apt..We lost everything a couple of yrs ago in a fire ever since things are not good for us. I lost my apt and things last yr when i lost my job took me 8 months to find one i had to separate from my kids all of us staying in different places. I just want to be able for once keep a apt and have what i need for me and my kids been looking for a part time but not easy. Been in my job 5 months
KeyConsitir

Post by KeyConsitir »

I'm self employed as a hair stylist. I also do pet sitting & dog walks. I've been looking for an additional job that would be more stable (part time admin, etc) for a couple years now without luck. My income fluctuates and I usually am able to get by either by being very creative and how and when I pay bills or by selling whatever I have that's worth anything (out of print books, furniture, etc.) when possible. I am also relying heavily on food banks and SNAP.
Being that work unpredictable for me, there are weeks when I make $50 and there are weeks when I made over $1000 and I often don't know from one day to the next how much work I will have. May has been so slow that I was barely able to catch up with most of my previous months bills, and I ran out of food too. I have an outstanding water and electric bill for about $450, my cupboards have no groceries in them, my rent is due tomorrow ($860) and I have about $180 in the bank. I've already told my landlord that the rent will be late this month which means I will pay an additional $50. This is my current situation.
TimPfeifer

Post by TimPfeifer »

to hurting me back my family and I have fallen on hard times and in need of a little help with our bills, food and school supplies.
I am a month behind on all my bills and school is starting and I do not have the funds to buy my children's school supplies or clothes. I was referred to the Salvation army for pantry by a friend of mine. If you could please get back to me about help or steer me in the right direction on where to get help I would appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The food banks in your part of Alabama may be able to help. They often have not just groceries, but school items or snacks for your children, referrals, and more. Also, listen to your friend and try the Salvation Army, as many of them also operate free food pantries in Alabama. Those are some directions for you.
Nermer

Post by Nermer »

Good Afternoon,
I am writing you in hopes to get some food assistance. Unfortunately, I haven’t been working since February and it has been challenging finding work and sustaining meals without an income. I’m in dire need for financial help that includes free food or groceries, Rent and Utilities. I’m currently residing in Dekalb County. How can I go about this to get food and avoid eviction and remaining behind?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you mean DeKalb county in Indiana? If so, there are resources for you. You can find free food, financial aid for rent or utilities, and other assistance programs. There are also clinics for mental health, job programs and more. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogr2.html
Nermer wrote:Good Afternoon,
I am writing you in hopes to get some food assistance. Unfortunately, I haven’t been working since February and it has been challenging finding work and sustaining meals without an income. I’m in dire need for financial help that includes free food or groceries, Rent and Utilities. I’m currently residing in Dekalb County. How can I go about this to get food and avoid eviction and remaining behind?
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

To whom it may concern,
I need free food, warm clothes, daily necessities and more.
Is there a free food distribution near Zip Code 07041?
Please help me as soon as possible.
Thank you for your kindness!
Cassie_Smith

Post by Cassie_Smith »

Hello,
I am a single parent who works FT however I was recently asked to move by my prior landlord prompting me to search for a new apartment. I had to use my savings to move into this new apartment, which left me with little money. and in need of free food. I've never reached out for assistance before but I am a single mother with 2 children, any local food banks will be a great assistance.