Rent and Utility Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
niecysj
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent and Utility Assistance

Post by niecysj »

I live in Fayetteville North Carolina and recently lost my job I am in need of some assistance to pay my rent and utilities does anyone know where I should turn?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and Utility Assistance

Post by Admin »

Some agencies and programs exist in Fayetteville and Cumberland County North Carolina. They include the following, and find more on the main site using link below.
Catholic Charities of Cumberland County may offer emergency rent or utility help. Phone (910) 424-2020. They may know of other social service programs.
A great place to always go to is the local community action agency, which for you is Cumberland Community Action Program, Inc. These type of places specialize in helping people facing a hardship. Phone (910) 485-6131.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cum ... nce_p.html
niecysj wrote:I live in Fayetteville North Carolina and recently lost my job I am in need of some assistance to pay my rent and utilities does anyone know where I should turn?
Wegerski

Post by Wegerski »

Hi. I am from North Augusta, South Carolina. My mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer the week before. She's a single mom & she's been working for all of my life trying to support my little sister & me. She hasn't been able to work since she was diagnosed. She ended up also having to have surgery because they found a tumor when they did an MRI on her right before she started chemo & radiation for her cervical cancer. We haven't always been able to have a lot of money paying bills & such, but since she's been out of work, it's gotten a lot worse.
We are starting not to be able to pay our bills. Her unemployment checks stopped coming. I'm only 15 years old so I can only do so much. I had to drop out of high school to take care of my mom. We don't have any family that helps us with anything so it's really just me and my brother doing everything we can. This is a very stressful time & I'm starting to lose all hope.
My mom is basically on bed rest because she's still so weak & tired from all the chemo & radiation. She can't even get up & go use the bathroom without crying & almost falling. Whatever help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. You can reach me by this email. Our cell phones got cut off because we weren't able to pay the bill. We just have no money & I'm scared we are going to lose everything... Again any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Wegerski wrote:Hi. I am from North Augusta, South Carolina.
If that is the case, it is Aiken County. While you may need to go to different organizations, both rent and energy bill help may be available. Find a list of Aiken County programs for your mom. You can apply online.