Unemployment not enough for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Foreigner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployment not enough for bills

Post by Foreigner »

Good Morning,
I am a single mother with one main source of income and also unemployment coming in the door from my mom. My household count is now two. Just me and my son who is a senior in High School and is looking forward to going to college in June 2016 to play football and baseball while majoring in Broadcasting/Communication. I have two grandbabies age 4 and 7 that I keep every weekend. I need help with paying my rent of$1,270.86 or with my current car insurance $196, or with my car note now almost three payments behind at $191.00 each.
My rental Management agreed not to evict us but to allow me to pay November rent on December 12th and December rent on December 26th! Once paid, there will not be enough for Tithes, food, gas, car note/insurance, Power Bill (SHUT OFF NOTICE), or Christmas gifts & Dinner for my family!
I have attached a copy of some of my debt as well as my mom's unemployment checks that I have sent to my job for assistance with my medical bills. If you can help in any way, I will be very grateful! I prayed and did not know where to go for help and found your information online. I have an appointment with JCCEO for February 13th for my power bill but need help ASAP!
Even though I know it is late, my Christmas wish list: My 17 year old son want a couple of polo shirts with Levi’s Jeans, my grandbabies love children’s learning books, games and babies! Mom: pay my November rent $635.43!
I have not because I’ve asked not. It would be nice to have my empty living room filled with furniture and to get our beds off the floor!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the other programs out there. As if you have a "professional" job, that will help your application for aid. There are charities, non-profits, etc. While unemployment is a form of free government money, it is time limited. And the amount of assistance is limited too. So try one of the many other programs out there.
Lewis wrote:I responded to the courts in a letter explaining the unfortunate circumstances my family has endured. However, the judge still signed off on the eviction and we are now faced to be on the street any day. I have a professional job at our top trauma hospital in Orlando Florida which currently is a blessing. I work from home now. But, soon no place to call home.
I’m reaching out because, I don’t know what else to do for my family? If you can guide and or direct I would be humbled and, grateful.
Trey

Post by Trey »

Husband lost his job of 6 years and having trouble getting unemployment until he finds work. Been a month now and my electric, water bill due plus have no insurance and I need prescriptions but don't gab money to see my doctor. We need help with several things or we will become homeless. He has always worked and we have always paid for our bills and food, etc.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, that is several things. Well try one of the charities or state programs in Arkansas, as there are several options for you. Each of them have their own requirements as well as application processes in place. Note the hardest thing for you to get (which you mention) may be the gas vouchers.
Trey wrote:Husband lost his job of 6 years and having trouble getting unemployment until he finds work. Been a month now and my electric, water bill due plus have no insurance and I need prescriptions but don't gab money to see my doctor. We need help with several things or we will become homeless. He has always worked and we have always paid for our bills and food, etc.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

To whom it may concern: I am in desperate need of some help as we are living off of unemployment. Me and my family have just moved up here from SC, and we are currently living in a very small camper on some family members property. It is me, my husband, our nephew, our two small children ages 9 and 7 along with my therapy dog because I am bipolar.
We came up here to try and start a new life on unemployment but could only carry some small possessions and a few clothes. We had planned to be able to go back to SC to get the rest of our things, but we had car trouble. We traded the car for a bigger vehicle just to get around but it needs some small fixing and we don't have the money right now. We also just found out that some family members back in SC that we had a disagreement with burned everything we left behind including my children's clothes and toys.
We have had nothing but seemingly very bad luck at each turn since we have arrived, and we are on a very low-income as I draw 722 dollars a month. There is five of us plus the dog and it is very hard to make ends meet. Can you help us with finding a place to live, or helping with our car, and most especially with Christmas. My kids will not be able to have one if we cannot get help. I don't know what to do. Can you please help?