Home repair

State and local government assistance programs.
TracMaz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home repair

Post by TracMaz »

I am trying to help my sister with home repairs on her house. She is unable to work due to hand and feet problems. Toni has a 13 year old autistic son. Toni lives on her sons SSI check. She does not have a car, she is trying right now to find a cheap car or truck.
Her house was given to her by our Mother. She died April 10, 2010. She owes no money on the house. The house need lot of repairs, the biggest problem is the roof. If she can not get a roof on then there is no uses in putting any money into the house.
Toni would not be able to get another house with the small income she has. She would like to find work, but with out a auto she can not work.
Please get back with me, if you can help. I know of two friends who has been helped by this organization.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repair

Post by Admin »

The federal government weatherization program may be able to help here. While not sure if they can repair or replace a roof, it may. It will also have other enhancements and grants that can be provided, such as insulation, caulking, maybe a new furnace or refrigerator. The amount and type of help provided will vary based upon state and even county. More information on weatherization is here, as well as information on the agencies to call for help, support, etc. It is usually run by a community action agency in your county.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wea ... _prog.html
TracMaz wrote:I am trying to help my sister with home repairs on her house. She is unable to work due to hand and feet problems. Toni has a 13 year old autistic son. Toni lives on her sons SSI check. She does not have a car, she is trying right now to find a cheap car or truck.
Her house was given to her by our Mother. She died April 10, 2010. She owes no money on the house. The house need lot of repairs, the biggest problem is the roof. If she can not get a roof on then there is no uses in putting any money into the house.
Toni would not be able to get another house with the small income she has. She would like to find work, but with out a auto she can not work.
Please get back with me, if you can help. I know of two friends who has been helped by this organization.
Thank you,