Urgent utility help NEEDED

State and local government assistance programs.
Carol
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Urgent utility help NEEDED

Post by Carol »

Who can help with turning on Electricity here in Houston Texas? I'm currently applying for disability and found out I'm ill from previous septic tank issues never fixed by landlord and my fiancee is trying to find work, on a daily basis, in his field of door repairs but has thyroid cancer due to the septic tank as well. We are currently in a motel (to stay out of the cold weather and look for work) and are now out of money for the room. We started a lease but it has no appliances or anything but we don't care, as long as we can get the electric turned on. Bounce Energy stated they'd go out there but a week after turn on day, they hit us with an unable to connect without a $325 deposit. We have NO money for a deposit and don't know how we are going to have our electricity turned on.
Someone please HELP and let me know what I can do or whom I can go to.
Thank You for Your Time
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Urgent utility help NEEDED

Post by Admin »

To get you power turned back on in Houston here is a listing of programs and non-profits that may be able to help you in this situation. Also off course be sure to call your utility company for programs.
Some of the agencies to call and ask about electricity programs include Gulf Coast Community Services Association 713 393-4700.
Another places that may have some limited financial aid and support is Southeast Area Ministries (713) 944-0093
Of course the Salvation Army of Houston, phone (936) 760-2440, is always a good options and resource to call as well.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/har ... progr.html
Carol wrote:Who can help with turning on Electricity here in Houston Texas? I'm currently applying for disability and found out I'm ill from previous septic tank issues never fixed by landlord and my fiancee is trying to find work, on a daily basis, in his field of door repairs but has thyroid cancer due to the septic tank as well. We are currently in a motel (to stay out of the cold weather and look for work) and are now out of money for the room. We started a lease but it has no appliances or anything but we don't care, as long as we can get the electric turned on. Bounce Energy stated they'd go out there but a week after turn on day, they hit us with an unable to connect without a $325 deposit. We have NO money for a deposit and don't know how we are going to have our electricity turned on.
Someone please HELP and let me know what I can do or whom I can go to.
Thank You for Your Time
Newport

Post by Newport »

I could desperately use help this month. I’m asking for my mom because she may need to be prideful to seek help herself. Christmas is coming up and we have no money to do anything about it. Its my daughters first Christmas as well and we live together.

But anyway besides that she is really struggling to keep her home this month and I would love to help her myself but cannot do so. Anything will help to make this Christmas possible this year if her bills get paid. Maybe we can splurge a little on her other two young children and my babies first Christmas. Thank you so much for listening.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While it is great you are asking on behalf of your mom, she needs to apply for assistance in Colorado. You can't do it for her. So she needs to be on board. So if you want utility help, or support at Christmas, she needs to take the hard steps on her own of reach out. If/when she is prepared to do that, you can use this to find help in Colorado.
Newport wrote:I could desperately use help this month. I’m asking for my mom because she may need to be prideful to seek help herself.