security deposit emergency situation

State and local government assistance programs.
rldown
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

security deposit emergency situation

Post by rldown »

I am the mother of seven and I live in NJ I need to move in one month and I can not afford security on my own I have been here for 12 years and the landlord that had this house before did not transfer security to new landlord was having problems when new landlord took over had aliitle bit of back rent but it was not the whole amount.Special response will not help said go after first landlord but that is impossible local churches do not have the funds to help and time is running out.Please any help.
Last edited by rldown on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: security deposit emergency situation

Post by Admin »

New Jersey does have some housing and rent assistance programs. Not sure if they help with security deposits or not. The big one would be the New Jersey State Rental Assistance Program, phone 609-292-4080, which can provide grants and other aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... grams.html
CBC
anti spam: Blue

Post by CBC »

I have a 6 year old daughter. We was living with my dad while I was healing from a surgery. Now that I'm healed I have been working for a little over a year. My dad sold his house at the last minute in an emergency & it has left my daughter & I homeless. I have saved enough money for first months rent but not the emergency security deposit. I could really use help!!
Heretoball

Post by Heretoball »

We need help to pay our security deposit $1600.00. It is an emergency. But even half would allow us to move in because the owner is willing to give us 4 months to pay the other half. I'm pregnant due 12-28-2022 but been contracting and can deliver anytime now. We are urgently in need to pay the $800.00 to $1000.00 by tomorrow when we sign lease so we have a home to bring our baby too, so this is the emergency.
We are a family of 6 right now. My spouse and I and our 4 kids - 14y, 9 2 and 17 months plus new baby any day will make 5 kids. Our section 8 voucher covers our rent and I get 261.00 child support for one child of mine from a previous marriage. That money covers bills etc. My husband is my live in caregiver and co parent who has to mostly stay home for caring after kids and me.
I'm disabled from an accident that caused severe spine, nerve, hip, leg and neurological damage that makes some days very hard for me to move or lift etc. Getting emergency help with this security deposit will put us being homeless to a stop and bring us stability and safety to allow us to go back to college and finish my counseling and midwifery degrees and he will be doing a short home inspection certification course to be able to work from home and make his own schedule. We are looking only for one time help up not hand out or ongoing support. Please anything will help. Sincerely