Homeless and need assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Preetip
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless and need assistance

Post by Preetip »

Dingmans ferry,PA 18328

To whom it may concern,
I have been homeless for 13 weeks living out of my car, last living at the above address.
I am employed at the USPS, Sussex, NJ 07461 for the last 26 years as a rural carrier, but I have not received any pay since January 22, 2010, one year ago. I have conflicts with the USPS that are winding their way into the the Courts.
I applied to Pike County assistance and starting receiving food stamps (170.00/mo.) December 24, 2010 and cash assistance (215.00/mo) January 7, 2011.
I have not been able to find temporary housing.
I passed the CPA test in 1985 and since then have worked part-time as an accountant.
I voluntarily placed my CPA license in both NJ and PA on the inactive list because I did not complete the last licensing periods mandatory Continuing Education. As soon as I complete my CE I will have an active license. But in the meantime I can perform all accounting duties except an audit.
I would appreciate any help in finding temporary housing so I can start earning some money preparing taxes for my clients.
Yesterday, I returned a clients tax material because I could not complete it. Between the 2009 and 2010 returns I could have earned over $400.00.
I have my computer and printer in my car. If I could get even one month of temporary assistance at a local motel I could set up my computer, earn some money with my already existing clients,and possibly purchase a laptop in order to work at local libraries.
Since I left my home October 24, 2010 I have had no place work with my desktop computer.
I give you permission to speak to her concerning my case.
My mail is being held at the Dingmans Ferry Post office until I get a new address.
Are you aware of any help with housing I could receive?
Thank you .

PS I lived in NJ for the last approximately 53 out of 55 years.
I lived in Wantage, NJ from 1984 through 1998.
My ex-wife and 3 children still live there.
I have paid Child support and Spousal Support to them from 1998 through the present.
I am employed by the USPS at Sussex, NJ 07461, but have not received a paycheck in a year.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless and need assistance

Post by Admin »

Dingman Ferry is in Pike County PA, which seems to be a smaller county. There are some places to go to for help in the area, but not a huge number. I think the place to try first is Pike County Human Development Office, phone (570) 296-3434, which is the local community action agency. They may have some limited financial assistance or other type of low income aid and programs. If you need temporary housing they may know of some options for you. Much of the help will probably be temporary.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pik ... ogram.html
Preetip wrote:Dingmans ferry,PA 18328

To whom it may concern,
I have been homeless for 13 weeks living out of my car, last living at the above address.
I am employed at the USPS, Sussex, NJ 07461 for the last 26 years as a rural carrier, but I have not received any pay since January 22, 2010, one year ago. I have conflicts with the USPS that are winding their way into the the Courts.
I applied to Pike County assistance and starting receiving food stamps (170.00/mo.) December 24, 2010 and cash assistance (215.00/mo) January 7, 2011.
I have not been able to find temporary housing.
I passed the CPA test in 1985 and since then have worked part-time as an accountant.
I voluntarily placed my CPA license in both NJ and PA on the inactive list because I did not complete the last licensing periods mandatory Continuing Education. As soon as I complete my CE I will have an active license. But in the meantime I can perform all accounting duties except an audit.
I would appreciate any help in finding temporary housing so I can start earning some money preparing taxes for my clients.
Yesterday, I returned a clients tax material because I could not complete it. Between the 2009 and 2010 returns I could have earned over $400.00.
I have my computer and printer in my car. If I could get even one month of temporary assistance at a local motel I could set up my computer, earn some money with my already existing clients,and possibly purchase a laptop in order to work at local libraries.
Since I left my home October 24, 2010 I have had no place work with my desktop computer.
I give you permission to speak to her concerning my case.
My mail is being held at the Dingmans Ferry Post office until I get a new address.
Are you aware of any help with housing I could receive?
Thank you .

PS I lived in NJ for the last approximately 53 out of 55 years.
I lived in Wantage, NJ from 1984 through 1998.
My ex-wife and 3 children still live there.
I have paid Child support and Spousal Support to them from 1998 through the present.
I am employed by the USPS at Sussex, NJ 07461, but have not received a paycheck in a year.
Patl

Post by Patl »

My boyfriend (29) and I (24) are currently homeless living in our car and motels when we can. We really want a fresh start in becoming self sufficient. We were both wondering if there are any agencies, charity's, organizations, etc. that offer financial assistance and guidence as far as helping us get our feet on the ground such as: job placement, rental assistance/ help us get set up in an apartment (low income housing), advice on how to begin and work towards becoming self sufficient. Basically help laying out the foundation so we can work towards building off that. I have no idea how any of this works or were to even go and we are in desperate need of financial assistance and guidance on how to get out of our current living situation. Any info/advice you are able to provide us is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for your time!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need a fresh start and to find a home, look into the government homeless prevention program and rapid rehousing. It can help homeless find new homes, pay security deposits, etc. Call your local community action agency and ask for it. Or if you post your country I can give you the number. If you need help with other bills and needs, which seems to be the case, then navigate the main site at http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html. Thousands of agencies, phone numbers, and charities are listed there. All which can help people pay bills, rent, and other expenses. Many community action agencies can also provide guidance and skills to those who need to become self sufficient.
Patl wrote:My boyfriend (29) and I (24) are currently homeless living in our car and motels when we can. We really want a fresh start in becoming self sufficient. We were both wondering if there are any agencies, charity's, organizations, etc. that offer financial assistance and guidence as far as helping us get our feet on the ground such as: job placement, rental assistance/ help us get set up in an apartment (low income housing), advice on how to begin and work towards becoming self sufficient. Basically help laying out the foundation so we can work towards building off that. I have no idea how any of this works or were to even go and we are in desperate need of financial assistance and guidance on how to get out of our current living situation. Any info/advice you are able to provide us is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for your time!
Isal

Post by Isal »

I need a place to live as am homeless. I have 3 children and my car just got repo due to my husband losing his job. I also need a job.
I am on SSI but can't pay rent and light or water and provide for my children on 730.00 a month. I need help so badly right now. I am currently in my house but rent have not been paid and soon we have to leave. I been looking for work but so far no openings or call backs. I ask God to open up a door for us.
I am terribly sad and afraid of what's ahead living out on the street as we continue to be homeless. I wish I could get in a low income program or shelter to save money and buy a cheap car so I can travel to work. If anyone can help me would be a blessing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You do not need to live on the streets. Try a shelter in New Haven or transitional housing unit. If you have that income of $730, you have some means to contribute towards a temporary housing center. But it may be challenging to find a unit to accomodate you and 3 of your kids.
Isal wrote:I am terribly sad and afraid of what's ahead living out on the street as we continue to be homeless. I wish I could get in a low income program or shelter to save money and buy a cheap car so I can travel to work. If anyone can help me would be a blessing.
Gamble Huff

Post by Gamble Huff »

I'm a single mother of 2, a 7 year old and a 4 year old. I’ve been homeless for about 3 months now, I was staying with a friend until recently when she decided that I was no longer welcomed. It's been very hard for me to get approved for an apartment because of my credit until recently, my goal was to move closer to my job out in Gwinnett but I don’t make much money at all working in the fast food industry and the cost of living out there is way above my price range.
I'm almost feeling forced to move to a more urban side of town because that's what I can afford, however a home is home and I'm happy to say that I found a place for me and my 2 children. In order to move in I need to come with $1,120.00 by the 4th, after asking friends and family members I was only able to come up with $300. I’m asking for $920 for me and my children to be able to move into our own home. I've already asked for an extension because the 4th is tomorrow the money that I've already paid is hold my apartment but that's only for so long.