Anything for my bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Porso
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Anything for my bills

Post by Porso »

I have two children and I have moved back in with my parents over a year ago due to an abusive relationship and have been out of work for a year as well. My mother is the only one working at this time, and my father has been laid off over two years ago and lost his unemployment benefits 7 weeks ago. I have no income and supposed to be paying half of the electric bill and paying 75 dollers per week in rent and can't. My mother even has to pay my car insurance and my car just sits there because i have no money for gas. please help me find sources for rent and electric and anything else that is available at this time. I do greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Anything for my bills

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you have many needs for you and your children. I suggest navigating around the main site. On the left side you will find listing of rent and electric bill programs (use navigation buttons on the left) as well as many other services and resources. Most programs are at the state and county level, and those are listed too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com
Porso wrote:I have two children and I have moved back in with my parents over a year ago due to an abusive relationship and have been out of work for a year as well. My mother is the only one working at this time, and my father has been laid off over two years ago and lost his unemployment benefits 7 weeks ago. I have no income and supposed to be paying half of the electric bill and paying 75 dollers per week in rent and can't. My mother even has to pay my car insurance and my car just sits there because i have no money for gas. please help me find sources for rent and electric and anything else that is available at this time. I do greatly appreciate it.
JJHall

Post by JJHall »

We live in Jacksonville,FL. We are in desperate need of help for bills. My fiance just regained custody of his daughter in December. He had just found work in November but the construction site wasn't ready as planned delaying start date to December 5th and has yet to get a full 40 hour paycheck due to weather, holidays & construction delays most he made was $450. He has now been laid off for two weeks & will probably be another two weeks before he gets called back to work. He is looking for work but hasn't found anything yet. He can't collect Unemployment because it was exhausted last year. I just moved here from AR in December. I am drawing Unemployment $800 monthly I am currently trying to find employment. We had absolutely nothing basically we had to start with nothing but our clothes. We have been robbing Peter to pay Paul to get everything we needed for his son, set up apartment,gas,food & wash clothes just the bare necessities. I had to take out a title loan which is now going into default because I can't pay it without one of us working. This is the only vehicle we have for both of us to get to & from work & to school. Our electric is due & cell phone. We are extremely low on food & we do not have any money until next Thursday which will be $200....we are looking at a minimum of 3 more weeks before he will get another check. I have called United Way they gave me numbers to call I have called United Community Outreach we have an appt next Tuesday for food they referred us to St Vincent for emergency help I've left couple of messages. I called Salvation Army there not giving any financial help at this time. We are in desperate need of help & do not know where to turn or what to do. We just need help temporarily for me to find a job & him to get back to work but at this point we don't have gas for veh, food, pay electric bill, rent, and I'm scared of losing my car. If anyone could please assist in anyway, we would greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The good news is that at least you are working, as so many are not. And in Florida too, where the economy is even worse. For the title loan, look into non-profit credit counseling in Jacksonville. There are many other options and services in the region too, for clothing, food, financial assistance, and other aid. Find the assistance programs Duval County located here. It sounds like calling the United Way and other agencies is a good idea, so maybe we have some other places listed on our site that you have not called yet or even heard about. Keep looking for those temp jobs too. Good look and try to keep your head up.
JJHall wrote:We live in Jacksonville,FL. We are in desperate need of help for bills. My fiance just regained custody of his daughter in December. He had just found work in November but the construction site wasn't ready as planned delaying start date to December 5th and has yet to get a full 40 hour paycheck due to weather, holidays & construction delays most he made was $450. He has now been laid off for two weeks & will probably be another two weeks before he gets called back to work. He is looking for work but hasn't found anything yet. He can't collect Unemployment because it was exhausted last year. I just moved here from AR in December. I am drawing Unemployment $800 monthly I am currently trying to find employment. We had absolutely nothing basically we had to start with nothing but our clothes. We have been robbing Peter to pay Paul to get everything we needed for his son, set up apartment,gas,food & wash clothes just the bare necessities. I had to take out a title loan which is now going into default because I can't pay it without one of us working. This is the only vehicle we have for both of us to get to & from work & to school. Our electric is due & cell phone. We are extremely low on food & we do not have any money until next Thursday which will be $200....we are looking at a minimum of 3 more weeks before he will get another check. I have called United Way they gave me numbers to call I have called United Community Outreach we have an appt next Tuesday for food they referred us to St Vincent for emergency help I've left couple of messages. I called Salvation Army there not giving any financial help at this time. We are in desperate need of help & do not know where to turn or what to do. We just need help temporarily for me to find a job & him to get back to work but at this point we don't have gas for veh, food, pay electric bill, rent, and I'm scared of losing my car. If anyone could please assist in anyway, we would greatly appreciated.
Butch

Post by Butch »

Hello, I would like to start off by introducing myself and explaining why I am writing this question in such desperate need of help. I am a grateful wife and a proud mommy to a 4 and a half year old boy. This past year has been very difficult this winter, my husband got laid off and since then he has had no luck finding something steady or anything at all. I have been seeking very desperately for anything part time even if possible to make money to pay our Rent, Bills and expenses. I have posted ads posting what work experience I have and what work I can do, such as cleaning houses, walking dogs, babysitting etc, but so far NO LUCK. We are in emergency need of money to pay our rent and bills most importantly. I am also in need of clothes myself and hygiene products. We pay $900 rent monthly and bills have piled up like never before. I am not forcing or asking for a huge donation of cash or free money, not at all. Just help, help on advice or ideas on where to direct me to get some help or maybe part-time job? I am so sorry if I have took up some of anyone’s time with my issues but I thought I would give it a shot and try to see if I get a reply or some help. I am not ashamed of my desperate cry for help because I know there are many like myself out there in need and some way somehow god makes those miracles in helping everyone, because my faith in god is so strong I believe we will get back to normal soon, and my son reminds me everyday how much to appreciate the smallest things in life. We are located in new New York City. We are three people in our household. We pay $950 rent, and there may be an increase soon, we also have bills...I would say rounding it up to maybe $400 for bills. We are in emergency need, our rent was due March 1st but they have waited on us. God bless
JoeQuick

Post by JoeQuick »

I need help with my rent payments and other bills. My wife recently gave birth to our identical twin boys and we have 2 other kids as well and since the birth of the twins I have been missing a lot of work in Washington DC. My paychecks have been really low and haven't been able to pay the full rent when it comes time to pay the rent due to formula, baby clothes, food, gas, bills, and car payments. I need some assistance in helping pay by rent bill until things get better with the twins then I will be able to go back to get paid full time with 80 hours.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list. While we doubt any agency will provide direct financial help as it sounds like your bills are not sustainable, an option for you in NYC may be a loan, and there are no interest options. One of the charities to try is the Jewish Federation, and they can help fill the gap while you find a job and address your living expenses. More information on them is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _loan.html
Tairod

Post by Tairod »

My husband just lost his job. We got a place with taxes (fixer upper) and it needed more work than thought. We had
just enough to cut on water and per pay electric and that's it. Struggling with food. I wake up working
what my kids are gonna eat in the morning or for super. Rent is coming up fast and I don't know what else to do. I am searching for jobs as fast as we all can but haven't had any call backs or wasn't hiring at the moment and I need something ASAP as you can see. I usually don't as for help but I need it bad. This is also my first time out on my own.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to contact your local government for assistance. They can provide financial help from welfare or arrange food or housing. Also, the are usually government job centers that can help you on your search, which will get you back on your feet in even less time. Find resources, including help from state governments listed by county.
Tairod wrote:My husband just lost his job. We got a place with taxes (fixer upper) and it needed more work than thought. We had
just enough to cut on water and per pay electric and that's it. Struggling with food. I wake up working
what my kids are gonna eat in the morning or for super. Rent is coming up fast and I don't know what else to do. I am searching for jobs as fast as we all can but haven't had any call backs or wasn't hiring at the moment and I need something ASAP as you can see. I usually don't as for help but I need it bad. This is also my first time out on my own.
JasonDD

Post by JasonDD »

My family is a size five and we have to be out of our home on 11/21 due to falling behind on water bill and now pass due on rent after I lost my job. Am finding a hard time finding housing due to an eviction and I would be anything to get my bills paid. I received last year and now this current court case which the eviction was dismissed but we have to go back in February for money issues. We could use housing ASAP. I have three daughters 17, 14, 12 and me and my fiancé who is my 17 year biological father but not on her birth certificate. We would do anything, even work, for bill help. I also have and organization that may be able to help me with first month rent and security deposit also. We will be leaving our household items behind and be starting over.
       Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many of these comments seem like everything was already done. While never recommended as a top option, there are loans. Butnthey have risk. Find more details on various borrowing options. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... y_can.html