Moving to new town

State and local government assistance programs.
cat1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving to new town

Post by cat1 »

I am planning to relocate to Columbus Ohio in about 4-6 months. I will not have a job. It will be my son, my parents and I that are relocating. We are hoping for a new start. I will be attending college there. I will need assistance with housing, food stamps, paying the utilities and health insurance. Also, help paying for prescription medications. My parents are older but not 65. Can you provide some information for me to check and apply for before we move?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving to new town

Post by Admin »

If moving to an area like Columbus, not as easy to get aid as if you had lived there. But you can try. The most an agency can say is no, right? So if you try, try these places and non-profit agencies and government programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fra ... e_pro.html
The Center For Groveport Madison Human Needs may have funds for people who live in a certain part of town. Call (614)586-4017
Salvation Army Chapel At Worthington Woods has funds for energy bills and housing expenses. Call (614)274-7600

Both of these places, and others you will find at the link above, are great places to call. While they may not be able to help you move, they may have advice for you.
cat1 wrote:I am planning to relocate to Columbus Ohio in about 4-6 months. I will not have a job. It will be my son, my parents and I that are relocating. We are hoping for a new start. I will be attending college there. I will need assistance with housing, food stamps, paying the utilities and health insurance. Also, help paying for prescription medications. My parents are older but not 65. Can you provide some information for me to check and apply for before we move?
tania1

Post by tania1 »

I am in a temporary financial need of help with paying my utilities and rent. I have a son recently discharged from the military after spending almost 6 months in a Mental Institution in London, being treated for sever depression/anxiety, PTSD, back, neck and shoulder pain. We are moving but he is not able to work at this time and I am struggling to put food on the table and pay the rent as my younger son is moving out next week and he was part of my rent income and utilities.
Namco1

Post by Namco1 »

I need assistance in finding a place to live. I have been homeless for 6 months and I have been looking for help. I have slept at parks, streets etc. I need financial help for myself. I graduated from college as a medical assistant and I'm still trying to find work. I have 3 children that live with my mother. I really need assistance. I'm terrified of being on the streets. I'm looking for work in the medical field. I need a safe place to lay my head, so please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are shelters for the homeless in Harris County. Dozens of them are around the county as well as city of Houston. Some are for the homeless, and some will help you transition to a more stable home too. Find them here, at Harris County shelters and short term housing.