Help for medical disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Johnston
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:40 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help for medical disability

Postby Johnston » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:55 am

I am a self employed masonry contractor,I have sustained serious lower lumbar injuries to my spine and also need knee replacement surgery. I have filed for social security disability in 2008, I have been to an administrative hearing with judge Judith Powell in Dover DE. They agree that I am no longer able to do masonry work but have ruled unfavorably in my case. I am now in the appeals process and am waiting for their decision. I have informed Senator Thomas Carper DE. about my hardship and he is doing what he can to try and resolve this matter although he is not able to expidite the process. I have taken on a boarder to help with my bills, I am receiving food stamps, but this is simply not enough( I have numerous other health issues as well) I had a home equity line of credit but I have used the funds to pay bills up untill now, December 2010, the money is gone PLEASE. I need to learn of any assistance available for people in my situation and to talk to a counselor in the Georgetown DE. area please e-mail me at your earliest possible convenience,

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm

So are you looking for an attorney to help you when you meet with that judge? There are several free and pro bono legal programs that may be able to help, in Delaware as well. Many of them are funded by the federal government Legal Services Corporation, as that is an organization that provides free or pro bono legal aid and advice.
A ton of information and details can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html

Johnston wrote:I am a self employed masonry contractor,I have sustained serious lower lumbar injuries to my spine and also need knee replacement surgery. I have filed for social security disability in 2008, I have been to an administrative hearing with judge Judith Powell in Dover DE. They agree that I am no longer able to do masonry work but have ruled unfavorably in my case. I am now in the appeals process and am waiting for their decision. I have informed Senator Thomas Carper DE. about my hardship and he is doing what he can to try and resolve this matter although he is not able to expidite the process. I have taken on a boarder to help with my bills, I am receiving food stamps, but this is simply not enough( I have numerous other health issues as well) I had a home equity line of credit but I have used the funds to pay bills up untill now, December 2010, the money is gone PLEASE. I need to learn of any assistance available for people in my situation and to talk to a counselor in the Georgetown DE. area please e-mail me at your earliest possible convenience,

Looiurt
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Looiurt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 am

To Whom It May Concern,
I was recently injured while getting off of an airplane in SD when going back there to visit family & friends. I've had to be out of work for 8 weeks not, & sounds like I will probably have to be out for about 5-6 more months. I was wondering if there is some assistance that my husband & I can receive to help us out temporally. Grants or programs to pay rent, heating bills, and expenses. We live in Colorado.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:31 pm

So is it help for the medical bills, or resulting loss of income? Did you get compensation from the airline? I think regardless use this link for help with paying medical bills and debts. Use the links on the left margin to find programs for paying everyday bills and debts, such as utilities and food aid. Much info is on the main site.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html

Looiurt wrote:To Whom It May Concern,
I was recently injured while getting off of an airplane in SD when going back there to visit family & friends. I've had to be out of work for 8 weeks not, & sounds like I will probably have to be out for about 5-6 more months. I was wondering if there is some assistance that my husband & I can receive to help us out temporally. Grants or programs to pay rent, heating bills, and expenses. We live in Colorado.

Deawe
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Deawe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:29 am

i get ssi and child support monthly i am disable and is living with a friend i pay her rent and also give her money for any other bills. I am in need for our ( the kids and myself) own place. the kids love their schools and i don't want to up root them. i do have income i know it's not much but i really need help getting back on feet with disability. i've gone every where that i can think of. truly hope that you can help me and my children. i have three childern. please help if you can::

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 am

So is it more help with those medical bills and debts? Or just health care? Not sure of your exact needs. But if it is the debts and you have collectors calling you, learn about medical debt collection laws. Various rights and regulations people have to protect their rights. Here is a consolidated list by states and region.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aws_s.html

Deawe wrote:i get ssi and child support monthly i am disable and is living with a friend i pay her rent and also give her money for any other bills. I am in need for our ( the kids and myself) own place. the kids love their schools and i don't want to up root them. i do have income i know it's not much but i really need help getting back on feet with disability. i've gone every where that i can think of. truly hope that you can help me and my children. i have three childern. please help if you can::

MelisaAt
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby MelisaAt » Tue May 17, 2011 11:40 am

Hello,

I am disabled. My ssi and my disability income is my only income and under 700.00 a month. I am behind in bills and they have just raised my rent again. I am have a light and power disconnection notice effective on Monday 5/23/2011 by 5PM. I am afraid that I will have no
power and evicted on 6/1/11, my apt management company are also requiring renter's insurance and raising the rent. My disability does not even cover my current rent 845.00 a month. It will be 885.00 a month plus the new renter's insurance. I do not know what I am going to do. Last winter I used the Salvation Army as well as another agency that help with emergency utility resources, I do not know where to turn now.

Please help, Thank you.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Did they provide notice of the renters insurance. They can't just do that at the last minute. Sounds questionable to me. Maybe look into a HUD certified housing counseling agency in Florida to get some advice on your rental assistance programs and housing situation. The one for your area will be the Urban League of Broward County, phone number 954-584-0777. Many other options and HUD agencies can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... ounse.html

MelisaAt wrote:Hello,

I am disabled. My ssi and my disability income is my only income and under 700.00 a month. I am behind in bills and they have just raised my rent again. I am have a light and power disconnection notice effective on Monday 5/23/2011 by 5PM. I am afraid that I will have no
power and evicted on 6/1/11, my apt management company are also requiring renter's insurance and raising the rent. My disability does not even cover my current rent 845.00 a month. It will be 885.00 a month plus the new renter's insurance. I do not know what I am going to do. Last winter I used the Salvation Army as well as another agency that help with emergency utility resources, I do not know where to turn now.

Please help, Thank you.

Marlene
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Marlene » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 am

My brother had a stroke a year ago---lost his job and now is moving back to Jefferson Parish. He receives disability, cannot drive now but can get around with a cane. He is 51 years old. He needs affordable housing and transportation. Where can we get started getting things in place for him? My family and I arr going through a rough patch...we have a lot of medical bills that our insurance did not pay that were supposed to be paid and now checks arr being garnished. We have filed a appeal with the insurance company.b ut in the mean time we can not stop the garnishment. We have 5 kids that need a home and just need alittle help to get through this bump. Thanks for all you do.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 am

Jefferson Parish Louisiana? Well the site will have information on community clinics and ways to get help with medical and dental bills, and other health care. But maybe for those other expenses you have, like car, transportation, and housing, look into the extensive number of Louisiane government assistance resources and programs. Select your Parish from the list towards the bottom of the page, and that will give you phone numbers and places to call for that type of aid.

Marlene wrote:My brother had a stroke a year ago---lost his job and now is moving back to Jefferson Parish. He receives disability, cannot drive now but can get around with a cane. He is 51 years old. He needs affordable housing and transportation. Where can we get started getting things in place for him? My family and I arr going through a rough patch...we have a lot of medical bills that our insurance did not pay that were supposed to be paid and now checks arr being garnished. We have filed a appeal with the insurance company.b ut in the mean time we can not stop the garnishment. We have 5 kids that need a home and just need alittle help to get through this bump. Thanks for all you do.

Randstad
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Randstad » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 am

I am contacting you in my son's behalf. He is 31 white male. He is Bipolar therefore maintaining a job is difficult for him He is currently going through a job loss and a change in his Doctor and his medicines. My son is now indigent. He does live in my property in Boston MA but not in my home. I pay the mortgage on the place, that includes, water, garbage pickup, his car insurance, his cell phone and I feed him. I am NOT financially able to pay anymore. He lives with his dog that I also carry the financial responsibility for. They are currently now and have been without electric for at least 3 0r 4 weeks now. It is hot!! PLEASE - I PRAY - you could help us find some assistance. THANK YOU for your help

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 am

Is it you are not able to pay the bills and expenses for your son anymore, or is you you need general help paying the mortgage and your Boston home? First thing is look into programs to get your electric service turned back on. They call the large number of agencies that offer =Boston foreclosure prevention, most of which are free and HUD certified. Places like Codman Square Neighborhood Development 617-825-4224 and Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership (MBHP) (617) 859-0400 offer free homeowner counseling and information on mortgage assistance programs.

Randstad wrote:I am contacting you in my son's behalf. He is 31 white male. He is Bipolar therefore maintaining a job is difficult for him He is currently going through a job loss and a change in his Doctor and his medicines. My son is now indigent. He does live in my property in Boston MA but not in my home. I pay the mortgage on the place, that includes, water, garbage pickup, his car insurance, his cell phone and I feed him. I am NOT financially able to pay anymore. He lives with his dog that I also carry the financial responsibility for. They are currently now and have been without electric for at least 3 0r 4 weeks now. It is hot!! PLEASE - I PRAY - you could help us find some assistance. THANK YOU for your help

JOlsen
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:06 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby JOlsen » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Presently, I am in the 3 month mandatory qualification waiting period for Long Term Disability with my employer th state of Utah (USDB). I have no income whatsoever! I am several months behind on my mortgage and my car payments as well as all other monthly expenses including all utilities, phone service, etc. I have kept in contact with my mortgage holder and my car loan bank. They do offer hardship options; however, all of which include some type of payment. I NEED HELP DESPARATELY! Hopefully I will qualify for LTD at which time I will be reimbursed for the 3 month waiting period but by then I'm afraid it will be too late and I will have lost my home and my car!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Are you the same person who posted on our Facebook page? If so, find some information there too. If not, we can reply.
If you follow this link to assistance programs in Utah, then select your county from the list midway down the page. All the counties and cities have information posted and are covered. They can help you with utilities, phone bills (if offered as not common) and more.
For your mortgage payments and potential foreclosure, read about Utah free HUD counseling, which offers free foreclosure prevention and advice.

JOlsen wrote:Presently, I am in the 3 month mandatory qualification waiting period for Long Term Disability with my employer th state of Utah (USDB). I have no income whatsoever! I am several months behind on my mortgage and my car payments as well as all other monthly expenses including all utilities, phone service, etc. I have kept in contact with my mortgage holder and my car loan bank. They do offer hardship options; however, all of which include some type of payment. I NEED HELP DESPARATELY! Hopefully I will qualify for LTD at which time I will be reimbursed for the 3 month waiting period but by then I'm afraid it will be too late and I will have lost my home and my car!

Bamafan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:16 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help for medical disability

Postby Bamafan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:33 am

My Husband was out of work a couple of times at the first of the year due to medical reasons, so we fell behind on all bills. So we are playing catch-up and it has been hard. We are still behind and some things are about to be turned off. so I am trying to find some help for a couple of months, are at least until we can catch up. Any help that we can get would be a blessing. thank you.


Return to “Assistance Programs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests