Crisis assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
lp141
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Crisis assistance

Post by lp141 »

Why are the 211 agencies so hard hearted and in-compassionate toward the less fortunate when facing a crisis situation. Giving us foods you all wouldn't eat if the world were ending and always out of funds. So why the games for these non for profit organizations to steal from the poor how long will this go on. I just find it hard to believe this is how the people who give to the poor wants things to be going. You go in these agencies in a pinch and see paid staff everywhere and no funds to give to the poor for a crisis why?I know that the profit comes after everyone is paid but how much can staff take before there is none left to help.
Patl

Re: Crisis assistance

Post by Patl »

My name is Monica Q. i live in Lake Park, FL i lost my job in October of 2010 an its been hard trying to pay my bills and take care of my family. We are in a crisis. My boyfriend and our 2 year old son also live with me. My boyfriend has been working hard at his job just able to only brings in around $600.00 a month in which only can pay most of our rent. We've been struggling! I just finished college in Dec. 2010 and have been looking for a job faithfully we are trying to make it! Can you help us please!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

I can understand how $600 / month is not enough to pay all your expenses, rent, and other bills. While of course I can't give you cash, I can provide information on agencies in Palm Beach area.
Try places like the Community Action Program, phone 561-355-4700.
Another place to go to, which is also a non-profit, is Center for Family Services of Palm Beach County, Inc. Their number is 561-514-0564. This is a non-profit that also offers extensive aid and information on local assistance programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pal ... nce_p.html
Patl wrote:My name is Monica Q. i live in Lake Park, FL i lost my job in October of 2010 an its been hard trying to pay my bills and take care of my family. We are in a crisis. My boyfriend and our 2 year old son also live with me. My boyfriend has been working hard at his job just able to only brings in around $600.00 a month in which only can pay most of our rent. We've been struggling! I just finished college in Dec. 2010 and have been looking for a job faithfully we are trying to make it! Can you help us please!
Jeanette

Post by Jeanette »

I'm trying to find help for my family in NJ. I am disabled and live in FL, therefore I am very limited finding or helping with their needs. This a family of 3. Husband is 65, wife is 58 and their son is 34 blind and mentally impaired. They arrived from Cuba on January 6, 2010 as political prisoners. They went to NJ because he has a brother there, who is a senior citizen receiving SSI so he is in no way able to help. They are receiving some help but their major need is an apartment but have found no help anywhere in resolving this. They are staying with a nephew in their apartment but this is very uncomfortable to say the least. They have applied for housing but noone seems to see that they have an emergency in finding an apt. I would appreciate any help, and or information. My name is Teresa.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So they are in Florida or New Jersey? If Florida use this resource.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... grams.html
Florida runs a housing/rent program called the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP). It may be able to help them get into an apartment and pay the initial deposit. You can call your local community action agency for info on the program. If they are in NJ, then try using the main site for New Jersey housing options.
Jeanette wrote:I'm trying to find help for my family in NJ. I am disabled and live in FL, therefore I am very limited finding or helping with their needs. This a family of 3. Husband is 65, wife is 58 and their son is 34 blind and mentally impaired. They arrived from Cuba on January 6, 2010 as political prisoners. They went to NJ because he has a brother there, who is a senior citizen receiving SSI so he is in no way able to help. They are receiving some help but their major need is an apartment but have found no help anywhere in resolving this. They are staying with a nephew in their apartment but this is very uncomfortable to say the least. They have applied for housing but noone seems to see that they have an emergency in finding an apt. I would appreciate any help, and or information. My name is Teresa.
data entry

Post by data entry »

I have a friend who lives in New Orleans, La and is in dier need of help with her mortgage. She lost her job a over a year ago and is struggling to find employment. Although she was receiving unemployment benefits, she was recently informed that it was stopping and she could not recv any further payments. Please send me any information for emergency mortgage help and if you have any company's that may be hiring for clerical and administrative duties which I can forward to her. She's 3 months behind and is facing foreclosure. Thanks in advanced :roll:

Looking for help for my friend
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While I am not sure of companies that may be hiring in the New Orleans, La, and can send info on places she can call for free foreclosure prevention, information on mortgage assistance programs, credit repair, etc. Use this resource. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lou ... _coun.html It notes all of the HUD certified agencies in the state of Louisiana. They offer free foreclosure counseling, advice, and support. While the exact type and amount of services offered will depend on the details of your friends situation, you should definitely call and see what they can do.
data entry wrote:I have a friend who lives in New Orleans, La and is in dier need of help with her mortgage. She lost her job a over a year ago and is struggling to find employment. Although she was receiving unemployment benefits, she was recently informed that it was stopping and she could not recv any further payments. Please send me any information for emergency mortgage help and if you have any company's that may be hiring for clerical and administrative duties which I can forward to her. She's 3 months behind and is facing foreclosure. Thanks in advanced :roll:

Looking for help for my friend
Johnny Oil

Post by Johnny Oil »

I am in need of rental assistance right now because I am on my final eviction and need at least $900.00 today before the sheriff comes to my apartment this week to put me, my 10 month old grandson, and my family out of the apartment. I am also in need of food, pampers, baby formula, and baby food for my grandson. But I am not able to get around due to not having bus fair and having health issues and pain in my knees and other health problems.
I have no money and the section 8 office knew this when I recertified for my voucher this year in January and they have caused me to pay $400.00 a month in rent and I can't afford this type of money because my child support were taken from me in November of 2013. I am having a hard time right now and I have a court order eviction. Please help me and contact me.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Waiting this late in the game with not provide you options, most places need time if funding is available at all. WIC can provide food for young children, you need to apply for it and again it takes time.
Mobile1

Post by Mobile1 »

Hello. Recently I was abducted and had my car stolen at gun point. As a result I've barely been able to leave my house since. I work online to try and get a little money together through eBay, murk, and text broker. My car ended up having problems. My brother came and took it to fix it. I've been able to turn my cell phone on for about 2 or 3 weeks but I’ve refused to because of my distrust and dislike for people.
I've been going to mental health counseling. Just this past week my landlords sons girlfriend had asked me for some gas money to get to her moms. We have known each other a while and I would not have the house that I’m living in had it not been her. With my fear of leaving the house I entrusted her with my debit card to withdraw money and return to me the next day with both my cash and debit card. I am now -500 at least. I can't press charges because I gave her the card and my pin. I feel through mental issues I should be able to fight somehow.
I have tried to contact a disability lawyer. I have the feeling that I'm going to be out of luck though. So as it stands, I'm two months behind on rent and 500 short on my bank account with no way to get it paid. I believe that my car is fixed but I still haven't gotten past my fear of the real world much. I also have 5 felonies from 5 years ago that make it nearly impossible to get a job. So just curious what you thought. Where I should go? Figured I should get some homeless shelters addresses and be prepared for the worst.
Renee12

Post by Renee12 »

My family has ran out of resources to find housing & crisis funds to support our 3 kids who have suffered for weeks since moving here from TX. As a Service member/Veteran I still fight to do my best to support them after being shut down from my previous company who has close their doors. They have left us in our current situation with No food, No housing, no financial support, No transportation, No phone service, no laundry and more.
There's no further contact with them which have us currently situation. We're currently residing here in St Augustine Motel which as of Monday unpaid. We're are in need of immediately assistance. We are in a crisis, although the Motel employee have covered for us until we're able to find help covering our stay here. I can be reached by email. Thanks in advance.