Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

State and local government assistance programs.
keya1249
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

Post by keya1249 »

Hi, I'm a single disabled person. Right now I'm on Cobra insurance which isn't that much right now but beginning in Feb 2011 it goes up to over a extra $400 monthly to keep. I cannot afford this period. I cannot get Medicare for 25 months. I live in Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourough County) and have found that I cannot locate doctors taking Medicaid. They all refuse to take it. I have some very serious conditions that require consistant medication and doctor visits. I cannot afford all these medications, doctor visit co-pays, and then this high premiun. I have been told by several insurance companies I have a preexisting condition and they won't insure me. Is there any gov't assistance programs to help pay for my continued Medical Coverage with the carrier I already have? I really need the help! :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

Post by Admin »

You can try St. Josephs Community Care Clinic, which may be able to provide you with free medical or health care. The phone number for the clinic is (813) 886-8899. they offer free care for low income and people without insurance. Not sure if they can treat you or not, but worth giving them a call. More programs and information is listed here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Also try the Community Action Program of Tampa and Hillsborough. they are a great place for information and referrals, and their phone number is (813) 272-6776
keya1249 wrote:Hi, I'm a single disabled person. Right now I'm on Cobra insurance which isn't that much right now but beginning in Feb 2011 it goes up to over a extra $400 monthly to keep. I cannot afford this period. I cannot get Medicare for 25 months. I live in Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourough County) and have found that I cannot locate doctors taking Medicaid. They all refuse to take it. I have some very serious conditions that require consistant medication and doctor visits. I cannot afford all these medications, doctor visit co-pays, and then this high premiun. I have been told by several insurance companies I have a preexisting condition and they won't insure me. Is there any gov't assistance programs to help pay for my continued Medical Coverage with the carrier I already have? I really need the help! :cry: