Unemployment assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
a123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployment assistance

Post by a123 »

Hello, my husband is unemployed for almost 2 years he have now for three weeks a temp job and i get laid off end of august i tried to get work, but a company chaet me and get me of my unemployment its have to be approved takes about 6 weeks, we have a real ruff time to pay the bills and our rent. And on the top our cars need repair and we do not have the money to pay for these repairs, not to mention the bills and rent. Thats is the result from low income for a while.
Thank you
Luigi

Re: Unemployment assistance

Post by Luigi »

To whom it may concern:

I am unemployed and have absolutely no income at the moment. Where can I go and/or who might I be able to get in contact with to see if I might qualify for any assistance?

I was first laid-off from my job in February of 2009. I found some work in May of '09 only to be laid-off again in July of '09. After being unable to find work and living off of unemployment benefits, I filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in March of 2010. In September of 2010 I surrendered my Des Moines, Iowa home back to the mortgage lender through a deed in lieu of foreclosure. From there I moved in with my folks up in Perry, Iowa for a couple of months. A week before I started a new job in November 2010, I moved into a one (1) bedroom apartment in Granger, Iowa. Unfortunately, the new job was not working out for me and I ended up having to move on after only two weeks...so now here I am.

Best wishes to you all for a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New year...

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If unemployed, try this for some low income / unemployment help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

a123 wrote:Hello, my husband is unemployed for almost 2 years he have now for three weeks a temp job and i get laid off end of august i tried to get work, but a company chaet me and get me of my unemployment its have to be approved takes about 6 weeks, we have a real ruff time to pay the bills and our rent. And on the top our cars need repair and we do not have the money to pay for these repairs, not to mention the bills and rent. Thats is the result from low income for a while.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sorry, so you are in Des Moines Iowa? Polk county? If so, here is a listing of government agencies, non-profits, community action agencies and other groups. some places can help with those housing and mortgage problems you are having, and other can provide general aid.
Try the Red Rock Area Community Action Program Inc. call (515) 961-6271. they offer numerous low income and unemployment assistance programs. they may have job finding programs too.
Catholic Charities (515-282-1235) is always a good option as well for information.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gram2.html

Luigi wrote:To whom it may concern:

I am unemployed and have absolutely no income at the moment. Where can I go and/or who might I be able to get in contact with to see if I might qualify for any assistance?

I was first laid-off from my job in February of 2009. I found some work in May of '09 only to be laid-off again in July of '09. After being unable to find work and living off of unemployment benefits, I filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in March of 2010. In September of 2010 I surrendered my Des Moines, Iowa home back to the mortgage lender through a deed in lieu of foreclosure. From there I moved in with my folks up in Perry, Iowa for a couple of months. A week before I started a new job in November 2010, I moved into a one (1) bedroom apartment in Granger, Iowa. Unfortunately, the new job was not working out for me and I ended up having to move on after only two weeks...so now here I am.

Best wishes to you all for a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New year...

Sincerely,
D14

Post by D14 »

My daughter is out of work, can not find a job, is 53, she will get her last unemployment check this week. She has been buying her home for over 12 years, but since her job went overseas or some where she can't find work. She needs help and money. The bills are adding up. What to do when unemployment runs out. Where shall she turn?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just need to keep calling employment agencies, networking, and send in applications. Eventually something will work out. In the meantime try maybe some work from home opportunities and jobs, and information on programs and resources is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wor ... _bill.html
D14 wrote:My daughter is out of work, can not find a job, is 53, she will get her last unemployment check this week. She has been buying her home for over 12 years, but since her job went overseas or some where she can't find work. She needs help and money. The bills are adding up. What to do when unemployment runs out. Where shall she turn?
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

I have no income lost my job due to owner doing a breech of contract on me, and am collecting unemployment. I just moved to this state no family or means. I have no money and need help until I am able to get on my feet again, I have never used this type or any type of service such as this. I am currently with nothing I am looking for any help I can get for utilities, rent, and other expenses as I have recently applied for food stamps I do not know if I will get them yet. Thank you for your help. I am 50 yrs old and live alone, so no other income or family member to rely on for my bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is the state Texas? Why not move to a state in which you do have family?
So I think your first need is food. No matter whether you can or can't pay the rent or credit card debts, you need food first. Here is a listing of Texas food banks and pantries.
There are places like the Houston Food Bank which works with local pantries and soup kitchens to provide free food. Phone 713-223-3700.
Also try calling the Tarrant Area food bank. 817-332-917
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html
KevinR wrote:I have no income lost my job due to owner doing a breech of contract on me, and am collecting unemployment. I just moved to this state no family or means. I have no money and need help until I am able to get on my feet again, I have never used this type or any type of service such as this. I am currently with nothing I am looking for any help I can get for utilities, rent, and other expenses as I have recently applied for food stamps I do not know if I will get them yet. Thank you for your help. I am 50 yrs old and live alone, so no other income or family member to rely on for my bills.
zen1

Post by zen1 »

My husband and I are unemployed. We have been living with my daughter and her 2 children. When lease is up in July, she is moving in with boyfriend and leaving us homeless. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I am 59; husband is 49. We have given every penny to our daughter and have only my husbands unemployment benefit with which to find a place to live, sign up for utilities, pay for food, etc. I don't see how we can do anything except live on the streets. Is there anyone that can help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are in the Houston Texas area? If so, here are programs and agencies in Houston and Harris County. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/har ... progr.html Houston Texas is one of the largest cities in the entire nation, and a large number of agencies and other organizations exist to help people in your situation. You should never need to live on the streets. There are so many different options and organizations that may be able to aid you.
Call non-profits like the Gulf Coast Community Services Association (GCCSA) which supports Houston families. The phone number is 713 393-4700. They are the local Harris County community action agency.
zen1 wrote:My husband and I are unemployed. We have been living with my daughter and her 2 children. When lease is up in July, she is moving in with boyfriend and leaving us homeless. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I am 59; husband is 49. We have given every penny to our daughter and have only my husbands unemployment benefit with which to find a place to live, sign up for utilities, pay for food, etc. I don't see how we can do anything except live on the streets. Is there anyone that can help us?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello!

I was laid off work & have run out of unemployment funds. My water bill is past due and they are threatening to turn off tomorrow if I don't pay. I told them I'm looking for work and have no $. That didn't matter. I have a temp job only paying me for 20 hr weeks. Better than nothing though and I'm not complaining. I'm still sending out resumes daily for full time work. In the meantime I have no money right now.
Can you help me please? I have a young daughter and we cannot do without water. Please advise. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you lost your job in Philadelphia and that is the water company there? Call these different non-profits and agencies in the area for assistance in Philadelphia. Dozens of different places are available to call for financial assistance and free advice. A great place, in Philly or any city, is the local Catholic Charities (of Philadelphia in this case). They can help people of all religions, and provide information and or limited funds. Phone number 215.587.3590. You may be able to get $500 from the Utility Emergency Services Fund. It can help you keep power and water on, or reconnect your utility service. Their phone number is (215) 829-0545
Thomas wrote:Hello!

I was laid off work & have run out of unemployment funds. My water bill is past due and they are threatening to turn off tomorrow if I don't pay. I told them I'm looking for work and have no $. That didn't matter. I have a temp job only paying me for 20 hr weeks. Better than nothing though and I'm not complaining. I'm still sending out resumes daily for full time work. In the meantime I have no money right now.
Can you help me please? I have a young daughter and we cannot do without water. Please advise. Thank you!
Mandiandfamily

Post by Mandiandfamily »

I am looking into getting my July and August rent paid for me. I just recently lost my unemployment in April and applied for my disability. I have lupus anti cogulant and am pron to getting blood clots. This is causing me to be unable to work at this time. My disability is in process now on being approved or denied. I need help with my rent for July and August to hold me over till they can make their decision. My rent is 529 a month, Even if I can only get July paid, I can try to figure something out for August. Any help or any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The rent amount per month is reasonable. You should be able to get some help with that, at least partial rent help. Look for Alameda County financial assistance programs and options. Some of the places to call will be the Oakland Community Action Partnership, which serves the entire county. They do run some homeless and eviction prevention programs. 510-238-2362. ECHO Housing (phone (510) 836-4826) runs the local rent assistance program.

Mandiandfamily wrote:I am looking into getting my July and August rent paid for me. I just recently lost my unemployment in April and applied for my disability. I have lupus anti cogulant and am pron to getting blood clots. This is causing me to be unable to work at this time. My disability is in process now on being approved or denied. I need help with my rent for July and August to hold me over till they can make their decision. My rent is 529 a month, Even if I can only get July paid, I can try to figure something out for August. Any help or any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Heatherm

Post by Heatherm »

I have become disabled and need to find a place to live as soon as I can my rent is850.00 and my disablity check is 831.00 I live in Ventnor City and would like to find something in Atlantic City if at all possible. I have filled out forms on line, but keep getting diened When I called for a reason I was told to go to another site and apply for CVE however I can find no such site,when I called back to ask for help Ms Banks told me she had never been to the site so there was no more she could do for me, Can someone PLEASE help me.