Help for mortgage, utilities, medicine, food

State and local government assistance programs.
gerry.heffer

Help for mortgage, utilities, medicine, food

Post by gerry.heffer »

y mother had forwarded this site to me today and I'm very grateful she did that. I am very new to asking for financial aid and the best resources to investigate. I completed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in November of 2009. That was a huge relief. My credit score is still pretty low, but honestly I could care less. I will not be needing a high or good credit score for housing, a vehicle, or anything else I can think off. I did without credit and credit cards during the Chapter 13 and did just fine. I do not intend to get into the credit card trap again nor get involved with joined debt through a marriage or long term relationship. I'm done. I'm 44 and have a great dog, great family, and adequate friends. I don't need nor want much else.

I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for around 15-17 years, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, severe nerve damage in my extremities, chronic diarrhea and digestive problems more than likely from nerve damage, allergy problems, poor eyesight, chronic staph infections that never seem to go away, and erectile dysfunction and I also "shoot blanks". I am going to be fitted with orthopedic boots and hopefully a leg brace on the left leg from bone and tissue loss in 2006. Mt right Achilles tendon ripped a thumb-sized chunk of bone from my heel and also tore loose the right big toe tendon in the same incident. I am at the tail end of that fracas as of December 13th 2010. That incident started on January 28th, 2010. I should be receiving my first Social Security disability check in mid-January 2011. All of my current doctors in the John Peter Smith County Health System in Tarrant County Texas have said more than once I should have applied for disability in 2006 when I had my first severe staph infection that resulted in bone loss and tissue loss and damage on the left leg. I have been in the county health system for the last 3-4 years, if memory serves correctly. I am very pleased with my podiatry doctors who have really battled to keep both of my legs and feet from being amputated over the past 3-4 years. My family practitioner seems very good also, but we are always battling diabetes and the best way to control my blood sugars, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, the stomach issues, acid reflux, allergy problems, and everything else outside the scope of the podiatry issues and nerve damage throughout my body. Right shoulder issues have started becoming more noticeable and we're not certain what is causing that yet. It may be rotator cuff degeneration from 26 years worth of manual labor and independent armed security work.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do since the $1326 I'll be getting from Social Security will not be enough to pay for medical maintenance, my house payment, utilities, food, gas, or any other incidentals. I do not have a truck payment since my mother had paid for the Ford Ranger I drive now, but realistically, I need to have modifications done on the truck so I can use my hands for brake and gas pedal functions. It is a 1999 Ford Ranger Sport. I have seen a few websites that have a couple of different modification packages, but it doesn't seem like there is anything for a truck as old as mine is. My family has spent $1000 or so having the engine worked on while I have been recovering from the Achilles tendon fracas. I know it is going to take some time to get rehabilitated from that injury. This last doctor's visit, my podiatry doctors had told me I have roughly a 40% loss of strength and use of the right foot....we think. Recovery is still ongoing at this point.

I am very afraid of what I will be able to do for extra income to make ends meet since the manual labor and armed security means of income are basically closed to me. I have been attempting to still do both of those things since 2006 and have only wound up making my health worse from continually receiving injuries from both types of work. In 2006 I had a pump unit draining fluids from my left foot after the bone loss and staph infections and I was still running my armed Security and Parking teams, working on my feet anywhere from 8-15 hour shifts, suiting up in ballistic armor, and still tackling felons and intoxicated idiots at our place of employment. I worked hand in hand with Marshals and police officers at our facility. I have been running our film department, social networking and internet departments, and also doing set design and special effects for our business. These things are no longer an option for me unfortunately. I was doing everything from filming, computer work, driving bulldozers and other heavy equipment, managing about a military company worth of security people, and anything else that needed to be done. Most of the core workers at this business wore several different hats and cross-trained or managed several different entities at any given time. That has gone on for 20 years and other types of physical work has been sprinkled in for 26 years. I am at a loss on what I need to do now and how I can still be a productive part of society. I have considered doing artwork since I do have artistic skills and have made specialty jewelry for friends and family as gifts. My father and I had day-dreamed about opening an art studio and creating things together and individually when he was going to retire, but he passed away in 1996 of a heart attack at 55 before we could pursue any dream like that.

I admittedly feel lost and confused about what my next steps will be. I am not behind on house payments or utilities because I am very blessed and thankful to have the best family in existence. I would have folded and burned had it not been for them, or maybe even completely snapped and wound up committing suicide in a hellaciously violent and fiery way wherever crime happened to be out of control. That thought has seriously crossed my mind and could have happened if the horrendous guilt didn't keep my anger and misery at bay. My family would be devastated and they do not deserve that pain after patching me up and keeping me from hitting the bottom.

I hate being dependent and having to ask for help. I live in Houston - Harris County Texas area. It is shameful to me and seems like I'm admitting defeat or showing weakness. I need to ask for advise now while things are on a fairly even keel before the *-storm hits. I do not want my family to have to bear the burden of my health and care anymore. It's got to stop so they have relief. They have done more than enough.

Thank you in advance for any guidance. Best regards and best wishes to all.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for mortgage, utilities, medicine, food

Post by Admin »

There are numerous charities, non-profits and government programs in HArris County and Houston Texas. A place like the Houston Area Urban League (phone 713-393-8735) is one of the leading non-profit agencies that help with numerous expenses and bills, such as debt, housing, foreclosures, and general advice. Try the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Phone (713) 526-4611), which offers help for utilities, foreclosure aid, and more. Here is an extensive list of places and organizations.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/har ... progr.html

gerry.heffer wrote:y mother had forwarded this site to me today and I'm very grateful she did that. I am very new to asking for financial aid and the best resources to investigate. I completed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in November of 2009. That was a huge relief. My credit score is still pretty low, but honestly I could care less. I will not be needing a high or good credit score for housing, a vehicle, or anything else I can think off. I did without credit and credit cards during the Chapter 13 and did just fine. I do not intend to get into the credit card trap again nor get involved with joined debt through a marriage or long term relationship. I'm done. I'm 44 and have a great dog, great family, and adequate friends. I don't need nor want much else.

I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for around 15-17 years, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, severe nerve damage in my extremities, chronic diarrhea and digestive problems more than likely from nerve damage, allergy problems, poor eyesight, chronic staph infections that never seem to go away, and erectile dysfunction and I also "shoot blanks". I am going to be fitted with orthopedic boots and hopefully a leg brace on the left leg from bone and tissue loss in 2006. Mt right Achilles tendon ripped a thumb-sized chunk of bone from my heel and also tore loose the right big toe tendon in the same incident. I am at the tail end of that fracas as of December 13th 2010. That incident started on January 28th, 2010. I should be receiving my first Social Security disability check in mid-January 2011. All of my current doctors in the John Peter Smith County Health System in Tarrant County Texas have said more than once I should have applied for disability in 2006 when I had my first severe staph infection that resulted in bone loss and tissue loss and damage on the left leg. I have been in the county health system for the last 3-4 years, if memory serves correctly. I am very pleased with my podiatry doctors who have really battled to keep both of my legs and feet from being amputated over the past 3-4 years. My family practitioner seems very good also, but we are always battling diabetes and the best way to control my blood sugars, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, the stomach issues, acid reflux, allergy problems, and everything else outside the scope of the podiatry issues and nerve damage throughout my body. Right shoulder issues have started becoming more noticeable and we're not certain what is causing that yet. It may be rotator cuff degeneration from 26 years worth of manual labor and independent armed security work.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do since the $1326 I'll be getting from Social Security will not be enough to pay for medical maintenance, my house payment, utilities, food, gas, or any other incidentals. I do not have a truck payment since my mother had paid for the Ford Ranger I drive now, but realistically, I need to have modifications done on the truck so I can use my hands for brake and gas pedal functions. It is a 1999 Ford Ranger Sport. I have seen a few websites that have a couple of different modification packages, but it doesn't seem like there is anything for a truck as old as mine is. My family has spent $1000 or so having the engine worked on while I have been recovering from the Achilles tendon fracas. I know it is going to take some time to get rehabilitated from that injury. This last doctor's visit, my podiatry doctors had told me I have roughly a 40% loss of strength and use of the right foot....we think. Recovery is still ongoing at this point.

I am very afraid of what I will be able to do for extra income to make ends meet since the manual labor and armed security means of income are basically closed to me. I have been attempting to still do both of those things since 2006 and have only wound up making my health worse from continually receiving injuries from both types of work. In 2006 I had a pump unit draining fluids from my left foot after the bone loss and staph infections and I was still running my armed Security and Parking teams, working on my feet anywhere from 8-15 hour shifts, suiting up in ballistic armor, and still tackling felons and intoxicated idiots at our place of employment. I worked hand in hand with Marshals and police officers at our facility. I have been running our film department, social networking and internet departments, and also doing set design and special effects for our business. These things are no longer an option for me unfortunately. I was doing everything from filming, computer work, driving bulldozers and other heavy equipment, managing about a military company worth of security people, and anything else that needed to be done. Most of the core workers at this business wore several different hats and cross-trained or managed several different entities at any given time. That has gone on for 20 years and other types of physical work has been sprinkled in for 26 years. I am at a loss on what I need to do now and how I can still be a productive part of society. I have considered doing artwork since I do have artistic skills and have made specialty jewelry for friends and family as gifts. My father and I had day-dreamed about opening an art studio and creating things together and individually when he was going to retire, but he passed away in 1996 of a heart attack at 55 before we could pursue any dream like that.

I admittedly feel lost and confused about what my next steps will be. I am not behind on house payments or utilities because I am very blessed and thankful to have the best family in existence. I would have folded and burned had it not been for them, or maybe even completely snapped and wound up committing suicide in a hellaciously violent and fiery way wherever crime happened to be out of control. That thought has seriously crossed my mind and could have happened if the horrendous guilt didn't keep my anger and misery at bay. My family would be devastated and they do not deserve that pain after patching me up and keeping me from hitting the bottom.

I hate being dependent and having to ask for help. I live in Houston - Harris County Texas area. It is shameful to me and seems like I'm admitting defeat or showing weakness. I need to ask for advise now while things are on a fairly even keel before the *-storm hits. I do not want my family to have to bear the burden of my health and care anymore. It's got to stop so they have relief. They have done more than enough.

Thank you in advance for any guidance. Best regards and best wishes to all.
Moodys

Post by Moodys »

I am on disability and having trouble with some rent and electric bills an gas. I cant work i have full disability. i have no car as i cant drive. My lungs are getting bad and i need heart surgery when lung doctors are done. I also need help with food an personal products if u have numbers or help please let me know. I have lived in the state for a couple months i am on oxygen here at home. Here is my address in case u know of anyone to help me. Plus my Christmas i wont have for dinner that day thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes food banks and pantries may have personal products, and of course they have food. They may have advice on your other needs too. Find a full listing and details of Phoenix and Maricopa assistance programs by clicking here. Also locate agencies to call for grants and guidance.
Moodys wrote:I am on disability and having trouble with some rent and electric bills an gas. I cant work i have full disability. i have no car as i cant drive. My lungs are getting bad and i need heart surgery when lung doctors are done. I also need help with food an personal products if u have numbers or help please let me know. I have lived in the state for a couple months i am on oxygen here at home. Here is my address in case u know of anyone to help me. Plus my Christmas i wont have for dinner that day thank you
Trout

Post by Trout »

Just wanted to let you know that Angel Food Ministries no longer provides food assistance in the Los Angeles, CA area. The charity shut down a while ago. Do you have other suggestions?
Agilent

Post by Agilent »

We do have extensive information on what is required in order to get public aid like food stamps. Each state has their own parameters, but general guidelines are set up by the federal government SNAP program. Usually it involves a maximum amount of income, and the total number of people in a household will also be taken into consideration. The main site also has links to the free food stamp voucher programs and resources by state too. Click here for more details on the requirements.
Squaker

Post by Squaker »

I live in Delaware County. I have been trying to locate a source for some financial aid to help me in my situation. My situation is this. I am 47 years old and I live alone. I have a fairly decent job as a mechanic but am off work for at least another month due to a sudden emergency health issue. I had to have bypass surgery on the September 4th. I am recovering now at home and I can go back to work in October. I had no insurance but the St Vincent heart Center in Philadelphia where my surgery was done and the St Johns hospital where I am to do my cardiac rehabilitation do have assistance for me to help with my bills. But the problem that I have is that I had only 2 paychecks from work and some vacation pay that I cashed out from work to live on until I get back to work. I am also a diabetic and I take insulin injections every day. I still have some money left but it is not enough to cover the cost of the insulin that I need and also for the gas so that I can get back and forth for my cardiac therapy sessions. I have to go 36 times and I start Thursday the 30th of this month. My landlord is also my foreman at my workplace and he is not concerned with the rent as he said I can catch it up in the future. He is a very good friend also. My utility bills are not very high either. My major concern is my insulin and food and being able to get to my cardiac therapy sessions and get them done so I can be released from my doctor to get back to work as soon as possible. I can’t seem to find any sources for emergency help here in the area where I live. I really don't know how or who to contact. I am sure that this is a short term situation because I am promised my job position again once I am released from my doctor who did the surgery. If you can would you please e-mail me any information on what I can do to help my situation? I have a Google e-mail address. I am very much in need for some emergency assistance. I hope that whoever you are that you can help me with some information on what I can do to help myself. Thank you for your time and for anything you can tell me. Sincerely,
McDaniels

Post by McDaniels »

To whom it may concern, Florida Unemployment Insurance stopped payments under new Federal Guidelines indefinitely and I've looking for resources in Orlando, Florida that can assist me with rent, cash advances, help paying my bills and medical care. With the emphasis on paying my rent/ bills. Can you recommend something locally that can assist me...? Your quick response would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a wife or children. 5 months ago I applied for disability but am still waiting for my hearing. It could be months before I do get a response from them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unemployed insurance benefits have been cut back as you indicated. But there are many other Florida government and public assistance programs for the jobless and those with reduced work hours. We can recommend a number of resources on our site, and they can be found at the link below. We have information on benefits for the unemployed in almost all Florida counties. Some programs are offered for the disabled too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Freese

Post by Freese »

I found your email address while looking for food banks in the area. I live in Florence, Texas 76527 and have an electric bill that is out of control and I need food too. The household has gone thru some major changes in the past year and I am not sure where to turn too. Any advice would be a great help. I live with me and my two kids. It seems like so many agencies here do not have any money for us, even though we work.
Romney

Post by Romney »

I've been injured off and on for years. Suddenly, my arm is paralyzed and I may also need surgery on my neck. I've always been honest but my case worker. Don't know if it was racial/sexist but I always asked for a new caseworker and am finally getting a new one. She claimed I lied on my finances but I've proven that I haven't. But I'm learning that since she said that I'm looked at as a liar and I've literally worked my fingers to the bone and have work but can't perform I was homeless for 2+ years and she would always tell me I can't/won't be accepted but if she would've advised me to not sign up years ago I wouldn't have all these injuries. I have a bad neck, back, kidneys, and arthritis of the feet because I have no car and I had to walk there every time only to be denied.
I beg for answers and now my bills are due and since she wrote I lied (proven wrong) I have to wait weeks. I finally found a home I'm comfortable and have unfortunately been working when I shouldn't I've paid every month on time. I have work but my left arm is temporally paralyzed and can't work in anyway. Please help me I need an attorney and some resolution.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is some list of items. Try the main site. We have links off there to tons of programs. The URL is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com