need assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
boba
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need assistance

Post by boba »

i know that i am not the only veteran with problems and mine are not new by any means, I currently am unemployed, living in kansas city kansas, i am waiting for my unemplyment to start, but until then, the gas and lights are due but i have no way of paying them, I have lived in my trailer for ten years and shared it with my now deceased wife for the last ten years, I am looking for work but until i can find a job or my unemployment starts i would appreciate any information that you could offer on assistance. I am a single male so I know that it will be hard to find such assistance
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need assistance

Post by Admin »

Is that Jackson County Kansas? As I think Kansas City may cross over into multiple counties. If so, try this link for programs for lights and gas bills.
Catholic Charities of Kansas City, call (816) 221-4377.
Another place for people who need help and are struggling is Metro Lutheran Ministry, and their number is (816) 931-0027
But here is a link with more agencies and charities in the area.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/jac ... prog3.html
boba wrote:i know that i am not the only veteran with problems and mine are not new by any means, I currently am unemployed, living in kansas city kansas, i am waiting for my unemplyment to start, but until then, the gas and lights are due but i have no way of paying them, I have lived in my trailer for ten years and shared it with my now deceased wife for the last ten years, I am looking for work but until i can find a job or my unemployment starts i would appreciate any information that you could offer on assistance. I am a single male so I know that it will be hard to find such assistance
Preetip

Post by Preetip »

Iowa i have been trying to get help for years, and am nearly always turned down.I have worked all my life, and was treated shabbily when I was shot in the stomach in 1968. The man never even spent the night in jail. was charged with assault with attemp to murder and walked away. I never got any thing no settlement of any kind,Please can someone help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some what do you need help with in Iowa? Utility bills? rent? foreclosure or debt issues? Resulting medical bills from the stabbing? I really need more information and specifics. Without knowing that may answer is very general/basic. Use this link to find programs and agencies to call.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/iow ... grams.html
Preetip wrote:Iowa i have been trying to get help for years, and am nearly always turned down.I have worked all my life, and was treated shabbily when I was shot in the stomach in 1968. The man never even spent the night in jail. was charged with assault with attemp to murder and walked away. I never got any thing no settlement of any kind,Please can someone help me?
C14

Post by C14 »

I'm in need of serious help, I live in California, Riverside County...My gas service is shut off and my water is next. On Monday by 5pm our water service will be shut off. I'm a single Dad of 4 minor children and working retail. I'm Blessed to be working but I'm trying as hard as I can to make ends meet. I went to HEAP organization in the early 2010 calendar year and they are still in that budget year, so I have to wait till they move into 2011. No other organization has any funding until Feb or March 2011 for Gas service. The water company is another story, I have not found any organization that assist with water at all. My children are going back to school this Monday and I have to work to keep the household running and we can't shower with warm water at this time and shortly there will be no water for anything...Can anyone help us? Guide me to where I need to go to beg for assistance...Thank you in advance for your time and Prayers for my family and I truly look forward to any assistance and help...God Bless & Warmest Regards Always
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is great that you are working and trying to make ends meet. There are some places to try for help in Riverside California. The organizations to try are listed below. Some of the highlights and organizations to try include the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County. They are a great non-profit for try for information and advice. Phone (951) 955 – 4900.
Another idea is Salvation Army-Riverside Corps (phone 951-784-4490)
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/riv ... grams.html
C14 wrote:I'm in need of serious help, I live in California, Riverside County...My gas service is shut off and my water is next. On Monday by 5pm our water service will be shut off. I'm a single Dad of 4 minor children and working retail. I'm Blessed to be working but I'm trying as hard as I can to make ends meet. I went to HEAP organization in the early 2010 calendar year and they are still in that budget year, so I have to wait till they move into 2011. No other organization has any funding until Feb or March 2011 for Gas service. The water company is another story, I have not found any organization that assist with water at all. My children are going back to school this Monday and I have to work to keep the household running and we can't shower with warm water at this time and shortly there will be no water for anything...Can anyone help us? Guide me to where I need to go to beg for assistance...Thank you in advance for your time and Prayers for my family and I truly look forward to any assistance and help...God Bless & Warmest Regards Always
megs2506

Post by megs2506 »

I Live in Clarksville Tn..My husband got medboarded..finaled out on the 16th on jan.2011...He has not gotten his rating from the VA yet...plus he has applied for unemployment got approved to recieve $745 every two weeks after state taxes are taken out. He has claimed for a month and has yet to see a penny from the state of Ky ( He was stationed at Ft. Campbell Ky so that is why he is filing through th state of ky even though we live Clarksville Tn). We are live $170 negative in our checking account last time I checked. I am now afraid to check it. I have enough money to pay rent for the month of march but I have not paid any of my bills for the 15th and not sure how any bills besides rent will be paid next month. If it was just me and my husband I wouldnt be as stressed as I am. We have two kids ages 7 and 6. I have applied for them to recieve free or reduced already and suppose to het an answer about that Monday. Other than that I am lost and not sure what to do and how to pay my bills. My husband is now sinking into a depressed state because he blames himself for our situation. That if he had not gotten out we wouldnt be here or he says that if he had not come home from the last deployment we would be set finacially. I told him that I would rather be poor that not have him with me even with all his health problems he has now. The only plan or thing I know to do is to take my husband to the VA hospital on Monday to get mental and physical issues. I am just trying to find help to take care of the finacial problems too. Any help anyone out there can give me would be greatly appericated...I will take any advice anyone out there has..I need help...Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So that is in Montgomery County TN. Here are several programs and agencies to try in the county and area of Tennessee. there are programs from utility companies, legal aid, and much more referenced here on this page.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
megs2506 wrote:I Live in Clarksville Tn..My husband got medboarded..finaled out on the 16th on jan.2011...He has not gotten his rating from the VA yet...plus he has applied for unemployment got approved to recieve $745 every two weeks after state taxes are taken out. He has claimed for a month and has yet to see a penny from the state of Ky ( He was stationed at Ft. Campbell Ky so that is why he is filing through th state of ky even though we live Clarksville Tn). We are live $170 negative in our checking account last time I checked. I am now afraid to check it. I have enough money to pay rent for the month of march but I have not paid any of my bills for the 15th and not sure how any bills besides rent will be paid next month. If it was just me and my husband I wouldnt be as stressed as I am. We have two kids ages 7 and 6. I have applied for them to recieve free or reduced already and suppose to het an answer about that Monday. Other than that I am lost and not sure what to do and how to pay my bills. My husband is now sinking into a depressed state because he blames himself for our situation. That if he had not gotten out we wouldnt be here or he says that if he had not come home from the last deployment we would be set finacially. I told him that I would rather be poor that not have him with me even with all his health problems he has now. The only plan or thing I know to do is to take my husband to the VA hospital on Monday to get mental and physical issues. I am just trying to find help to take care of the finacial problems too. Any help anyone out there can give me would be greatly appericated...I will take any advice anyone out there has..I need help...Thank you
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I'm a single mom of two kids. My 2 year old has autism so I'm currently at home with her and have very low income. I get her disability benefits and food stamps. I’m behind on my rent and on my utility bill. I am looking for a little help so that me and my kids don't become homeless. I don't know where to go for help any information will be greatly appreciated. I am on the section 8 + housing list.
Covidien

Post by Covidien »

Sir,

I am at a loss. I have reached out to a few places and received no response. I am a retired disabled Army veteran. I medically retired last year after 18 years with 90%. I suffer from a bad back from an explosion in Iraq that placed a lot of metal in me and PTSD with other mood disorders.

I have 4 kids and a wife and it has been rough to say it politely 2 Thursdays ago on my way to work my boss called me and fired me. He was not giving me a reason or a check. In the last year I have spent about 35% of the time sick in the hospital from combat related injuries and the other 65% trying to work so we can survive. We have also lost our home and are staying with family in our car and over half our belongings.

I have nothing for Christmas, gifts, food, honestly I don’t know where the next gallon of milk is coming from nothing, and I don’t know what to do. I am a new found Christian and have faithfully tried to do this in a manner in line with God. But my faith is failing fast as I look at my children and have to explain how things are. If you or if you know anyone that may be able to help my children please let me know.
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I need help on paying rent, electricity, phone and other bills. We supposed to pay rent on the 5th but we can't because my husband doesn't have a job. We are almost at the end of this month and the other payment is almost here. The manager at the apartments were I'm living is very nice and understanding. I been try to call this number but is always busy. I hope I could qualified because I'm in a very bad situation. Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are a Christian, try your local church for help. They may have some emergency food (such as that milk you need) as well as maybe a few dollars to help you with your bills. Or maybe they have some form of Christmas program for you and your loved one. As a church helps people (whether they have faith or not) and assist kids as well. Locate the church assistance programs for you and your loved one.
Covidien wrote:I have nothing for Christmas, gifts, food, honestly I don’t know where the next gallon of milk is coming from nothing, and I don’t know what to do. I am a new found Christian and have faithfully tried to do this in a manner in line with God. But my faith is failing fast as I look at my children and have to explain how things are. If you or if you know anyone that may be able to help my children please let me know.