propane help

State and local government assistance programs.
kline80
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

propane help

Post by kline80 »

I live in Van Buren county Michigan and am a single mother laid off at the moment . I am currently on unemployment which is a blessing that we have some kind of income coming in , the only thing is that it's not even half of what I make working . I have already went , applied and received food stamps and am currently trying to get heating assistance . I use fuel oil for heat and propane for cooking and water . I was wondering if DHS helps me with the fuel oil for heat will they help me with the propane also even though I don't heat with it ?And if not does anyone know of somewhere I can go for help? I don't want a hand out , I will pay at least half of it I just need help for me and my daughter before it gets any colder . Thank You .
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: propane hellp

Post by Admin »

The main web site has info on heating bill help, and options like bulk fuel oil and free oil. Also, try this link for info on programs in your area. For example, one place you need to call is Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency at (269) 925-9077. They are the local non-profit agency, and I bet they can provide you info on what DHS can or can't do. They can direct you to food stamp programs, and other options and services that may help you in your situation.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
kline80 wrote:I live in Van Buren county Michigan and am a single mother laid off at the moment . I am currently on unemployment which is a blessing that we have some kind of income coming in , the only thing is that it's not even half of what I make working . I have already went , applied and received food stamps and am currently trying to get heating assistance . I use fuel oil for heat and propane for cooking and water . I was wondering if DHS helps me with the fuel oil for heat will they help me with the propane also even though I don't heat with it ?And if not does anyone know of somewhere I can go for help? I don't want a hand out , I will pay at least half of it I just need help for me and my daughter before it gets any colder . Thank You .
TCBad

Re: propane help

Post by TCBad »

I know a family with a baby and working low income family who are desperate for help paying for fire wood and a propane tank.  Many places tried but no one will pay for firewood.  Can you direct me to a charity they can try for firewood?  They have someone who has the wood... they can't pay for it.  Limited propane, mainly help with wood.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Oregon HEAT program may help get firewood or pay for it. It is a combination of government aid as well as charities. There may either be financial help or free firewood given out...have that single mom try it for assistance.
TCBad wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm Can you direct me to a charity they can try for firewood?  They have someone who has the wood... they can't pay for it.  Limited propane, mainly help with wood.
Dakota Taylor

Post by Dakota Taylor »

I need to get some information on a crisis for my heating in Mt. Pleasant, MI
I use Fuel Oil (propane) and have Coyne Oil and Propane deliver my fuel.  I just called them as I thought I was on a payment plan for $75 per month and I am below a 1/4 of a tank of fuel oil.  They informed me that I was on a hold for delivery as I have a balance due.  I still don't quite understand why if they direct debit that each month that they cannot deliver, even with a balance due.  I was able to let them take $50 today and they will deliver a small amount of propane on Monday but I need to see about get some help to pay the current balance of $185.00 and possibly for the next delivery.  Can you send me info to try and get some help?
thank you
Teresa
PatMac

Post by PatMac »

Hello I'm Lisa Lynnand I live in Buchanan County Virginia and have been having a number of issues coming up to where I can't get my utility or propane bills paid right because they are so high right now. I had a water leak so bad when I moved in that it took forever to fix and the PSA cut my water off. Someone stole my propane tanks for my propane heaters so I have to stay in one part of my house. As I need more propane tanks and fuel for my electric stove to make sure I don't freeze to death. I got a disconnect bill from the electric and propane company. I did turn in for Crisis help but of course I haven't heard anything yet. I draw disability because of mental illness and I'm hoping that you all can help.