Help, my furnace is broke

State and local government assistance programs.
Violet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help, my furnace is broke

Post by Violet »

Hi. I have a situation. I have a boiler that needs extensive repair, and I went to the DHS for help. I am denied for: your shelter is not affordable according to SER requirements. I do not know what this means, except they denied me for repairing the boiler which means I have no heat.

Where can I go now? I called United Way, they referred me to Lutheran services but that place does not do repairs, so I am now at my whits end. I am on disability, so coming up with 1,500.00 to repair my boiler is rather impossible.

I am in the Wayne county area.

Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help, my furnace is broke

Post by Admin »

I would assume that is Wayne County Michigan, and the Detroit area. If so, then here is a listing of agencies and places that may be able to help, and maybe some aid for furnaces and boilers.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html
One of the main places to call is Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency 734-246-2280 They do run the federal government weatherization assistance program. This services helps people by providing updates to their homes, heating equipment, and other energy conserving enhancements. I am not sure if furnaces are included.
Another option may be Society of Saint Vincent DePaul - Archdiocese of Detroit phone (313) 393-2930,
Violet wrote:Hi. I have a situation. I have a boiler that needs extensive repair, and I went to the DHS for help. I am denied for: your shelter is not affordable according to SER requirements. I do not know what this means, except they denied me for repairing the boiler which means I have no heat.

Where can I go now? I called United Way, they referred me to Lutheran services but that place does not do repairs, so I am now at my whits end. I am on disability, so coming up with 1,500.00 to repair my boiler is rather impossible.

I am in the Wayne county area.

Thank you for your help.
Violet

Re: Help, my furnace is broke

Post by Violet »

Problem solved. My worker didn't fill out the application right and the computer doesn't highlight the problem, so she had to get some help. Plus she was absent a few days this week. I am just waiting on the company to call back to come and fix it.

Thank you!