Relocation For Dekalb GA

State and local government assistance programs.
brigill19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Relocation For Dekalb GA

Post by brigill19 »

Please help who ever may know.... I am currently a SC resident and moving to Georgia, the only thing is I'm am trying to see if they offer relocation assitance funded by gov't for Dekalb county. Mainly I'm trying to get assitance with child day care or preschool and medicaid. Also will I need to go ahead and get a GA license before I am able to apply for the needed items. Anyone in the area that may know, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Relocation For Dekalb GA

Post by Admin »

Honestly not sure what type or how much moving type assistance you can get, but I think it is worth calling and asking for help.
Some of the places in your area to try to ask for help with the moving expenses include
Decatur Area Emergency Assistance Ministry/DEAM - (404) 373-2300 - I know they offer mortage, debt, and housing aid, so maybe as part of the housing programs they can provide money for moving costs?
Salvation Army - DeKalb County Service Unit may be able to provide funds. Or at worst case provide you with information on who to contact in the local area for advice. (404) 486-2714. They work with local DeKalb charities and non-profits. I also recommend you get that GA license.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr1.html
brigill19 wrote:Please help who ever may know.... I am currently a SC resident and moving to Georgia, the only thing is I'm am trying to see if they offer relocation assitance funded by gov't for Dekalb county. Mainly I'm trying to get assitance with child day care or preschool and medicaid. Also will I need to go ahead and get a GA license before I am able to apply for the needed items. Anyone in the area that may know, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
brigill19

Re: Relocation For Dekalb GA

Post by brigill19 »

Thank you for that information!