Desperately in need of help in NC

State and local government assistance programs.
clarasheart
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Desperately in need of help in NC

Post by clarasheart »

Hi my name is Clara I live in Greenville, NC.I am a married mother of 6 children in the home and one in college. My husband injured himself Feb. of this year and shortly after his company filed bankruptcy and he was one of the ones laid off. He is receiving unemployment which is not much, but he has to have surgery on 12/17/10 ( A multi-level spinal fusion) at which time he will no longer be able to draw unemployment. I currently work three jobs to make ends meet. We have house that I inherited but it still has a mortgage on it. It needed major repairs, we took our savings and hired someone to to the work. We have been paying rent and mortgage. The Contractor has taken the money and left. We have no plumbing completed and not one room finished.MY daughter who is in college needs money to pay her tuition balance before she can register for spring classes at Chowan university. I am not looking for a hand out I am willing to put in some sweat equity, time and labor. I am willing to pay if a payment arrangement can be made. Our lease is up for the apartment on 12/31, I am desperate, tired but yet stand on faith that God will show me a way through. If there is any one that can help or have any information please let me know ! Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperately in need of help in NC

Post by Admin »

I think you already posted in another forum. Here is the reply and the information you seeked.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... 2819#p2819
Hondat

Post by Hondat »

My husband been out of work for 2 years now. He has looked but no luck. He went back to school and got his GED thinking that would help and no luck still. I am behind on my rent and I am paying my house we are living off my SSI we have 5 kids and we cant buy them stuff for them to start school. We are having a real hard time in life, and we live in Charlotte NC area. We have done this on are own for 16 years and this is the first time we need help and cant get no one to help us. So if any one can help with our rent are just help me get some school stuff for my 5 kids I would be very very grateful to you .......thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, just having your GED is often not enough for a job these days. We hate to tell you that, but it is the truth. For a job, look into a workforce center or government programs. There are many in North Carolina and that also operate across the Charlotte region and Mecklenburg county. They can offer resume review, job search, and much more to the unemployed. Use this for more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ng_pr.html
Mybadder

Post by Mybadder »

My husband and I have under $1000 a month for a 5 person family right now. While cost of living in NC is low, that is still not a lot of money.
Two of the 3 children are in diapers. We have to be out of the house we are in now by the 31st of this month. We owe back rent, and cannot afford to keep the place we are in now. We are expected to pay another $350 on the 8th of September, plus we have to pay $95 for car insurance. We need diapers. We need gas money to make sure my husband can go look for and get to work. As of the 1st of September we will owe $495 in rent, and will be unable to pay. I don't get money until the 2nd Wednesday of the month, and I only get $667 a month. My husband is military, and has a 2.5-3 day drill in January, makes $100 for a full day's work, but won't be expecting his pay till the end of the month ($250-300). I would have to pay $350+$495+$95+diapers and gas on $667. We need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your husband is in the military, why is your income only $1000 per month? You should have a much higher salary. Also what did you do over the past years/months? There are many financial assistance programs in North Carolina, and people in the military (like your husband) should also turn to some of the services targeted for them. Is there a base you can live on too cut back on rent, or turn to a pantry for diapers, food, etc. So those are some suggestions.
Mybadder wrote:My husband and I have under $1000 a month for a 5 person family right now. While cost of living in NC is low, that is still not a lot of money.